• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV for PC officially confirmed

Grief.exe

Thanks. Now it's just a matter of someone modding the prompts - I wonder if anyone will actually do this for the game.

If not, then I suppose it's best to get used to it.

It is possible that Konami will include PS prompts with the game, but you do get used to it.

Wonder if PC release is the same date as for consoles!
I hope
but don't think :(
so!

If Lords of Shadow is anything to go by, then there is a good chance we will.

I'd assume PS360 level hardware. Isn't TPP also a cross gen title or am I recalling incorrectly?

Incoming 8800 minimum GPU.

I agree. The Xbox One controller is also amazing on PC, officially supported by all games already supporting the 360 one.

Nice move from Microsoft. I love mine.

Only problem is there is currently no wireless solution available.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Kiefer free version, yes!

d5PJD8D.png

It makes sense to upload as many languages as the game supports since, provided the publisher has the faint foresight required to split the language data up between specific depots, multilang support is super convenient with Steam due to non-default language data files only being downloaded upon request. E.g.:

There's no danger of, say, the PS4 Diablo 3 situation where Europeans have to endure a substantially larger download size due to all of the languages and the kitchen sink being lumped into the one download.

Embearded

For the uninitiated -- what's the story behind the sheep tied to a balloon?

That's Fulton recovery system.
Its a way to extract something without landing.
They used it on Virtuous mission for the first time. After that we've seen and used it on Peace Walker.

Parsnip

For the uninitiated -- what's the story behind the sheep tied to a balloon?

I've actually been wondering about the fulton recovery system myself. I understand that it was in Peace Walker as well, but why does fultoning soldiers suddenly make them switch their allegiances?

I've actually been wondering about the fulton recovery system myself. I understand that it was in Peace Walker as well, but why does fultoning soldiers suddenly make them switch their allegiances?

You wouldn't blindly follow the guy with an eyepatch that kidnapped you via balloon?

In Peace Walker captured soldiers would be sent to prison for a while before their aggression would subside, some would take longer than other while others would immediately switch sides.

DieH@rd

Banned

Not all of them convert, and conversion to your cause takes time.

Parsnip

atr0cious

Uncharted, The Order, DriveClub, Let It Die and so on don't appeal to you?

It's that some of us have huge libraries on Steam that cover whatever those games could offer. So it really is just buying more games to try to justify a system, or we could build or better our own systems and just buy one game. My main hangup is I need a Sony controller for Metal Gear, but the DS4 already works, and if not, my Wii U pro controller will do in a pinch. Plus TPP and all the good multiplat games don't hit til next year, which gives me enough time to save up and build what I want. Not to mention I own a PS3, so it's not like I missing all these cross gen console games. Truthfully, my decision was made once I realized there will probably be some form of Rift support for the game with in a month, and I can't not be a part of that, especially as a game enthusiast.

Bloodborne is the only reason I want one now. Hard to justify spending $400+ to play one game tho.

I'm in the same boat. MGS V was the only other game besides Bloodborne for which I was considering buying a PS4, but that's infinitely delayed now.

Anyway, I'm even more hopeful for MGS series to get onto steam now. I would love to replay the HD remakes and Metal Gear Solid on my PC.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
My guess is we should see a GZ release this year or very early 2015, with TPP launching alongside the console versions.

That'd be the smart thing to do. It's bizarre that with this announcement Ground Zeroes didn't actually "soft launch" on Steam at the same time. After all the engine has had a PC version for a while. Surely they've had a build built for a while...?

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

Those are all games that I guess I would give a shot if I already owned a ps4, but I won't feel like I missed out on them if I don't play them. Bloodborne hype train around release will be excruciating.

That'd be the smart thing to do. It's bizarre that with this announcement Ground Zeroes didn't actually "soft launch" on Steam at the same time. After all the engine has had a PC version for a while. Surely they've had a build built for a while...?

So many people would impulse buy that fucking "demo". It's somewhat a missed opportunity.

danielcw

It makes sense to upload as many languages as the game supports since, provided the publisher has the faint foresight required to split the language data up between specific depots, multilang support is super convenient with Steam due to non-default language data files only being downloaded upon request. E.g.:

The problem with that solution, is that when you change the language, you have a large download, every time you make a change.

It is also problematic, because you might want to combine various settings:
i.e.: Japanese Voice Over with Japanese Subtitles, or with English Subtitles, or with German Subtitles, etc.
How did Revengence handle the situation?

Neither solution to handle multiple languages is perfect, and has its pitfalls.
A better way would be, if users could select all languages they might need or want for download.

Seanspeed

Banned
None of those games are particularly appealing to me, no. The Order and Uncharted maybe as $5-10 purchases sometime down the line just for the eye candy and mindless action, but nothing I'm super eager to play. I echo the sentiment that Bloodborne is basically the one game I really want on PS4. There are a couple indie games I'd be interested in as well. But not nearly enough to get me to buy the console anytime soon.

I've got like several dozen games I'm eager to play in my PC backlog and several dozen others that I'm waiting to play as well, but can wait a bit on.

danielcw

You don't have to redownload. At least, I didn't have to.

Which game are you talking about?

When I change the language, for example on the Half-Life 2 games I have to download over 600 MB, when I changed the language on Company Of Heroes it were 1.2 GBs.
On Half Life 2 English seems to be always installed, and the other languages are optional. But everytime you switch from French to German or back for example the download is triggered.

GTA has had a pretty solid record of PC releases.
GTA4 is an unoptimized pile of shit. That said, if you have a beast of a machine, it plays pretty great, and there's a lot of great mods.

I just hope that since the PS4/XBone are much closer to a PC Architecture that the PC GTAV port is much better than IV's.

Same hope for MGSV, but at least MGS:GZ will be a nice benchmark for us.

Do I need a second GTX 770 for this bitch?

Denton

GTA4 is an unoptimized pile of shit. That said, if you have a beast of a machine, it plays pretty great, and there's a lot of great mods.

I just hope that since the PS4/XBone are much closer to a PC Architecture that the PC GTAV port is much better than IV's.

GTA4 got optimized pretty well with its second or third patch, and they continued to improve it even further. Episodes ran perfectly fine from the start. But more importantly, since then they released Max Payne 3 which ran brilliantly, and they had additional 6 years of engine optimization and development work.
I will bet that 770 will run both games perfectly fine.

BibiMaghoo

GTA4 got optimized pretty well with its second or third patch, and they continued to improve it even further...

I would put forward it is still shitty to this day. My graphics card is not good, not even mid range, but games like Arkham Origins still run better today than GTAIV. That is pretty appalling in my opinion.

Seanspeed

Banned

I think if anything is going to be stressed, its going to be vRAM and CPU core counts, since those are what the consoles have in abundance rather than raw processing power. Its also things that many gaming PC's lack.

A single GTX770 should be fine still, but 1080p/60fps might well require some proper compromises. 1080p/30fps shouldn't be a problem.

MGSV doesn't seem like a system seller to me IMO. Of all the games I have played on PS4, Ground Zeroes was the most overhyped and lamest :/

I only beat the main mission and forgot about it. The best thing about it was the final cut scene

TopGun

Banned
MGSV, Destiny (confirmed for a March release on PC) and GTAV? I'm so happy I don't have to drop hundreds of dollars for a PS4 to play these games now when I have a rig more than capable to play these games.

gMO2jWa.gif

atr0cious

MGSV, Destiny (confirmed for a March release on PC) and GTAV? I'm so happy I don't have to drop hundreds of dollars for a PS4 to play these games now when I have a rig more than capable to play these games.

gMO2jWa.gif

Wow.

So I don't need a console in the near future either, huh?

gMO2jWa.gif

I looked up the vid of this gif, and my stomach hurts from laughing, oh god.

And if we get FF15 and KH3, then it will all be truly perfect.

And if we get FF15 and KH3, then it will all be truly perfect.

but square doesn't (can't?) make good games anymore

let's hope that konami continues to bring pc versions of their games to steam on the same release dates as their console versions

i'll be sure to give PES15 a shot, as i'm sick of the FIFA series

Top Bottom