• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV for PC officially confirmed

If I buy a DS3 for this game, will that suffice? What main advantages does the DS4 have over the DS3?

It feels a lot better in general. The main technical advantages would be the improved motion accuracy, speakers, trackpad and light bar but such features aren't used on the PC of course. Would recommend getting your hands on one in a store though, you will almost certainly prefer the feel.

Panzon

Definitely getting this. I only game at 1080p 60 fps with my gtx 780 SC. I hope my card can easily reach those numbers for this game.

Its gonna be my first day one purchase on PC since I built it in May

It feels a lot better in general. The main technical advantages would be the improved motion accuracy, speakers, trackpad and light bar but such features aren't used on the PC of course. Would recommend getting your hands on one in a store though, you will almost certainly prefer the feel.

Thanks, that's good enough for me! So, I wouldn't be very far away from my computer. Therefore, is it better if I get a wired controller or should I still get wireless?

Thanks, that's good enough for me! So, I wouldn't be very far away from my computer. Therefore, is it better if I get a wired controller or should I still get wireless?

There is no distinction with either the dualshock 3 or 4. The programs you use to emulate a 360 controller work with either a USB cable or bluetooth. Xbox One controller only works via USB, but one imagines it will get a wireless dongle eventually.

Does anyone know when they plan on releasing Ground Zeroes on Steam? Any point in buying it close to Phantom Pain?
They've only given a vague "soon" which is the same thing said about Revengence.
It came out seven months later
As for whether you should play it closer to release I don't think there are any real advantages. The story bits are so short that they're easily remembered. I imagine if you wait there would be a sale right before Phantom Pain comes out but it's hard to say for sure. Ground Zeroes is the best stealth game released in a long time though and I thought it was worth the price.

abadguy

Banned
TToxEk7.gif

lol , what's this from?

There is no distinction with either the dualshock 3 or 4. The programs you use to emulate a 360 controller work with either a USB cable or bluetooth. Xbox One controller only works via USB, but one imagines it will get a wireless dongle eventually.

Thanks! I assume that the button prompts in the game won't be 'Square', 'Triangle', etc. correct? :(

If not, do you know when this will finally happen?

Thanks! I assume that the button prompts in the game won't be 'Square', 'Triangle', etc. correct? :(

Yeah, it will be xbox XYBA prompts. Some games like Dark Souls II have mods that will replace the icons but they are very much the exception to the norm. The dualshock 4 doesn't even have official drivers so I doubt the option to switch between prompts will ever happen on a wide scale.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, I've switched to the Xbox One controller for PC gaming where applicable but I used the dualshock 3 for years on the PC and you quickly get used to the button prompt discrepancy.

Yeah, it will be xbox XYBA prompts. Some games like Dark Souls II have mods that will replace the icons but they are very much the exception to the norm. The dualshock 4 doesn't even have official drivers so I doubt the option to switch between prompts will ever happen on a wide scale.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, I've switched to the Xbox One controller for PC gaming where applicable but I used the dualshock 3 for years on the PC and you quickly get used to the button prompt discrepancy.

Oh dear - why don't Sony release the damn official drivers :( But thanks, I think I better get used to those.

With that said, I hope someone mods them in for MGSV.

Soodanim

If it helps, ever since someone here on GAF blew my mind by pointing out that ABXY goes left to right in English and right to left in Japanese I've never been confused about the Nintendo/Microsoft layouts.

Also, this is amazing news. I was hoping for it, as I have no plans for a PS4.

Genio88

Great news! I hope it'll be released the 18th of march too, or i'll buy the Xbox One version though, i couldn't wait for it.

BibiMaghoo

People actually hate Kiefer as Big Boss? I thought he was ok, even if he barely speaks in Ground Zeroes.

The effort he put in was lame. The voice he uses is just his own. The emotion he put into the role was non-existent.

It was sufficient at best. Bad at worse. I would not want him doing any more games that is for sure.

Doyle in MGS4 was perfect, and I curse Kojima for taking him from the role, in many ways more than Hayter.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Judging from Ground Zeroes' app id, Konami's been working on the port for at least ~5 months now. It could very well -- and probably will -- release soon. Like, literally soon (1-2 months) and not Konami Time soon.

Edit: Oh, wait, The Phantom Pain is the one with the lower app id. That makes a simultaneous release alongside the console versions a distinct possibility.

GZ:
Added changenumber – 577493 (June 24, 2014 – 15:46:32 UTC)

TPP:
Added changenumber – 434738 (March 14, 2014 – 16:06:53 UTC)

Grief.exe

If I buy a DS3 for this game, will that suffice? What main advantages does the DS4 have over the DS3?

There are xinput wrappers available for both, but I would recommend going for the DS4. Just an excellent improvement overall over the DS3.

To be fair, Konami was pretty new to Steam. Heck, Revengeance was Kojima Productions' first game on Steam.

I believe Platinum did that port.

At least there are mods available, but the 1080p lock still astounds me to this day.

Guess this will be the first MGS I will play then. I wont have any idea what's going on with the story lol.

The story is almost non-existent outside of the audio diaries, many of which are from Peace Walker and included because a large subsection of MGS fans never played it.

Although I do forget the thread title does actually mention V, where I am talking about Ground Zeroes.

Seanspeed

Banned
There are xinput wrappers available for both, but I would recommend going for the DS4. Just an excellent improvement overall over the DS3.
The DS3 is a lousy controller in general. Hate the layout, hate the triggers, hate how small it is(and its not like I have huge hands), and I hate the analog sticks.

I still think the 360 controller provides the best value if you're gaming on PC. Way better than the DS3 and quite cheap.

Thanks. Now it's just a matter of someone modding the prompts - I wonder if anyone will actually do this for the game.

If not, then I suppose it's best to get used to it.

Kezen

Banned
I still think the 360 controller provides the best value if you're gaming on PC. Way better than the DS3 and quite cheap.

I agree. The Xbox One controller is also amazing on PC, officially supported by all games already supporting the 360 one.

Nice move from Microsoft. I love mine.

Top Bottom