• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV for PC officially confirmed

This is too awesome! I'm kind of mad that I bought Ground Zeros on PS4 now lol. I'm going to love running this game maxed out and downsampled form 3200x1800. Any possibility of mods for MGSV just makes me drool!

If Konami was smart, they should release a miniture SDK for MGSV and start a Steam Workshop page. They would make tons and tons of money off of royalties from payed mods, skins, and new missions designed by the community. It would also build a thriving community for MGS on the PC in general.

You, sir, are a genius.

Buggy Loop

Yes! Now (logically) bring Silent Hill on PC too. ZOE HD ports, MGS HD ports too while you're at it, i'll buy them all.

Mudcrab

so like 2 people can buy it? whats the point. and it's 99% will be with delay after console versions release.

yeah buddies, you can check sales numbers with last metal gear releases and see how much less non PS games are selling. i imagine 1/9999999999999999999999 sales on pc.

gw-close20door.gif

He's right, with declining PC sales there is no point on releasing it on the platform, with piracy and the fact that the majority of PC games will buy it in a bundle means that resources are wasted on this port. Not to mention MGS games are best played on a TV experience not on some $2000 computer that can barely run the game without crashing.

Dont forget the angular graphics, that lack soul.

Trago

Holy shit, I was going to finally bite the bullet and get a PS4 when this game dropped. I guess I don't need to for this game lol.

Excellent news.

It really needs to be released the same day as the console versions. Here's hoping.
Don't even care if it's not the case, tbh. I can wait. Now I only need a PS4 because of Bloodborne, but I can probably borrow one and that's it. PC never looked so good (and I have a Wii U for my Nintendo fix).

EmpReb

Banned
Wii U + PC definitely was a wise choice.
It is and my PS4 is pretty much on life support because there is no reason to play anything on it. sony IPs don't call too me sorry. I mostly played PC and Nintendo stuff in my young years so i have really no nostalgia for anything but those platforms. Maybe a PS4 2 years from now but right now.... its going to be cash for the nvidia sheild 2 tablet.

Kade

yeah buddies, you can check sales numbers with last metal gear releases and see how much less non PS games are selling. i imagine 1/9999999999999999999999 sales on pc.

You should provide evidence of this because I would like to see it. You seem to know what you're talking about.

Yarbskoo

I'm in. I was probably going to get it on PS3 eventually, since I can't really afford a PS4 anytime soon, but a PC release is preferable to the console version either way.

I guess I should get around to playing MGS4 one of these days.

How long until we get a David Hayter voice mod?

Speaks well for Japanese support on the platform. Hopefully with Sega Capcom Namco and now Konami releasing major franchises on PC, the smaller publishers will take more notice.

SerTapTap

Hmmmm actually makes it a bit hard to decide which platform to get it on for me.

Long as the port is solid and day-and-date I guess I'll lean PC...kinda prefer to have a disk to collect if I'm going to spend $60 though. Maybe retail for PS4 and steam sale for PC. Especially if PC has no major advantages in terms of fancy graphics options. (I'm maxed at 1080/60FPS either way unless I want to play 1440p ultra low on my Surface Pro 3...)

Newboi

To be honest, announcements like these are making me regret more and more that I bought a PS4 so early lol. If I can buy an equivalent game on the PC through Steam, I will almost always do that instead lol.

I'm secretly hoping Destiny comes to PC as well, though all my friends want me to buy it on PS4 lol.

Banned
Somebody replace the "you are already dead" gif with "you are already bought" cause that's how I feel!

Top Bottom