• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV for PC officially confirmed

Spazznid

Do they see if someone adds a game to their wishlist? No preorder yet, but I do want them aware that this is a good move and want to show support.

Use Steam to look at the pages, there are "Add to wishlist" buttons, and both mine were pressed with the power of a thousand suns.

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
Ben Kuchera:"This means less sales"

Kiefer free version, yes!

d5PJD8D.png

Not even a joke, I never expected for them to give us japanese audio, even though it was my biggest hope. Akio Otsuka, you kept us waiting. ;_:

THE HYPE IS REAL DIAMOND DAWGS, LET'S GET IN THERE AND SHOW THEM WE WANT THE SERIES!

Opiate

You are extremely delusional and a console baby if you think PC sales are declining...you are also delusional if you think you need a 2000 dollar computer to play it.

You're a junior, so there is good reason for you not to have context here. But hopefully this helps you resolve the intention of the poster you are quoting: he posts the Steam official topics on GAF and regularly participates in Steam gift giving.

RibMan

Fantastic news. MGSV looks excellent, so I think I'm going to double-dip on it.

Hopefully my PC can handle the game with everything on max.

That whole conference and they still didn't show MGO? I mean I know there's 'saving the best for last' but come the fuck on.

Anyways, congrats to PC gamers.

fader

You are extremely delusional and a console baby if you think PC sales are declining...you are also delusional if you think you need a 2000 dollar computer to play it.

You're a junior, so there is good reason for you not to have context here. But hopefully this helps you resolve the intention of the poster you are quoting: he posts the Steam official topics on GAF and regularly participates in Steam gift giving.

a.k.a he was being sarcastic

ill probably buy the ps4 version for controller mgo, and the pc version for the gfx.
Well, you can play games with the DS4/Xbox controller on PC, too. If you're thinking about "comfy couch", there's Big Picture Mode.
But I understand the wish of no need to fiddle around with moving PC near TV, long HDMI cables to PC, not being able to connect/play with Console friends.
On the other hand, you'll most likely not be able to have one save between systems. Playing both would mean playing everything double? Whatever suits you of course! At least you'll support Konami's decision to bring it to PC by double-dipping :)

Screenshots on the Steam page look like the same ones that have already been released. It would be nice to get some screens at a higher res with some AA.

Then again, I only half expected these games to get a PC release to begin with, so perhaps I shouldn't complain...

Edit: Actually, the MGSV screens are ones that had previously been released, but the Ground Zeroes ones look to be at native 1080p.

artsi

More surprises from Kojima, great news. Looks like they're really taking full advantage of Fox Engine.

Is MGO definitely coming? For sure 100%? Just not showing it?

It might come as a stand-alone game, but it definitely exists. Kojima has mentioned numerous times that it is being developed by a team in LA. That's the only thing we've ever heard about it.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
He's right, with declining PC sales there is no point on releasing it on the platform, with piracy and the fact that the majority of PC games will buy it in a bundle means that resources are wasted on this port. Not to mention MGS games are best played on a TV experience not on some $2000 computer that can barely run the game without crashing.

not to mention: how would you play that game with a mouse and keyboard anyways lolzomg

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
wrong thread

Top Bottom