• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV for PC officially confirmed

georly

Kiefer free version, yes!

d5PJD8D.png

Not 100% familiar with how those checkboxes work, but does that chart mean that *ALL VERSIONS* will follow that, or could it be that some versions support some languages, while other versions support other languages? Like, could the NA version not have JP voice acting, unless you manage to trade the JP version?

McNum

Huh, didn't see that coming. So, I guess Metal Gear Rising was a big enough success on Steam for Konami to give it a try with a main series title. Well I did my part there.

Will keep an eye on this. Wasn't really interested in MGSV until now.

By the time this comes out, the new nVidia and AMD cards will be out and I will be buying a new high end one to max the fuck out of this game and The Witcher 3 :D.

void666

Banned
I usually play multiplats on pc. But this time i think i'll choose ps4 instead.
For ME it's a playstation game. Also ps4 has no games.

Not 100% familiar with how those checkboxes work, but does that chart mean that *ALL VERSIONS* will follow that, or could it be that some versions support some languages, while other versions support other languages? Like, could the NA version not have JP voice acting, unless you manage to trade the JP version?

you get every language possible when you buy a game on steam/gog/etc., you can switch the language whenever you want to, it's really handy since as a french dude i can't stand french dubbing in my games

there's a few obscure exeptions to this like max payne 1

Opiate

Im pretty sure Steam is the only reason lots of big pubs release games on PC these days.

This is true, but everyone except the big console publishers do not need Steam. The indie developers, the casual games, the browser games, Blizzard, the Chinese and Korean MMOs, the MOBAs -- all of these would still be there.

Lots of these are helped by Steam, mind you (such as Indies and MOBAs), but it's really only the big console publishers who really wouldn't be around if Steam died.

I didn't notice but it seems more and more publishers equal the PC platform to Steam...

Big publishers do, yes. The top 10 or so. Everyone else does not.

But Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance sold really well on PC?

He's alluding to the point that most PC games of big console games sell a small percentage when compared to the sales on consoles. I.e, watch dogs 8% of sales on PC, 92% on console.

Which I don't get, because everybody already knows this.

patapuf

Usually you can just download whatever language you want.

Looks like Konami is smarting up to their PC market!

I belatedly await ports of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake (MSX originals) to Steam and GOG. doit.gif

Pejo

This is amazing news, but man i'm pissed at myself for buying GZ's for PS4. I'm trying to double dip as little as possible this gen. Even twice as mad because i spent basically 30 bucks on a demo.

Doesn't matter though, will buy both on Steam and love it.

derExperte

Theoretically that could happen but so far afaik it has only affected very few Russian versions where you only got Russian language and it usually causes a huge uproar. Won't happen in this case.

z1ggy

Will buy, both games. I'll have to play the previous ones on PS3. The last MG i played was MG2 and that was a really long time ago.

Top Bottom