• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Spoilers Thread - #TeamBowie

Are we back to saying Snake is shooting those kids again? Is it the same people saying he was killing Chico?

Snake, remember this is a sneaking mission.

*Fires machine gun at children locked in a cage*

Shit goes sideways all the time, man. War ain't pretty. Neither is the decent into villainy.

I'm not ruling out child soldiers being in this game in the place of regular guards, that's something the trailers might be hinting at. But thinking Snake is shooting at the unarmed kids just because we haven't seen anyone else in that area is a bit presumptuous.

SJRB

Gold Member
Big Boss totally isn't shooting those kids man, come on. He may turn into a villain [even that's doubtful really, it's only a matter of perspective], but he's not a psycho by any stretch.

kubus

Big Boss totally isn't shooting those kids man, come on. He may turn into a villain [even that's doubtful really, it's only a matter of perspective], but he's not a psycho by any stretch.
Yeah, Big Boss loves kids. He even lets them play around in his base.

Metal Gear MSX games were weird.

SJRB

Gold Member
They prolly called him some nasty names involving his horn. They had it coming.

Well in that case..

Maybe Big Boss just needed a quick buck to form that private army of his once more, needed those blood diamonds but those little brats wouldn't hand them over.

"Trade for a sip of water", they said. "Trade for a bullet in the head", he replied.

cackhyena

Well in that case..

Maybe Big Boss just needed a quick buck to form that private army of his once more, needed those blood diamonds but those little brats wouldn't hand them over.

"Trade for a sip of water", they said. "Trade for a bullet in the head", he replied.
Or maybe he's just getting the locks off the cage very aggressively. Tapping x to unlock faster still isn't enough.

KaiserBecks

mgsv_e3_11.jpg

Wouldn't surprise me if Eli was some kind of druglord *coughRobocop2*

The resemblance is really uncanny.

SJRB

Gold Member
Or maybe he's just getting the locks off the cage very aggressively. Tapping x to unlock faster still isn't enough.

Seriously though that was the impression I got when I first saw the trailer. Big Boss shoots a lock or a power generator or something to get the cages open.

Solid Snake is absoloutely a natural blonde, always has been. He dyed and cut his hair before deployment. It's a sneaking mission, Snake knows how to handle his shit.

Snake only asks for scissors in the scene, and he's shown with dark hair in every other Metal Gear game. It's just weird lighting in that briefing video so that you can make out his hair against the dark background.

Solid having naturally dark hair would make more sense since he's a clone of Jack, and he's only been shown with dark hair. Liquid says he got the recessive genes, so maybe that would explain him being blond (I know nothing about genetics).

foxtrot3d

Banned
Snake only asks for scissors in the scene, and he's shown with dark hair in every other Metal Gear game. It's just weird lighting in that briefing video so that you can make out his hair against the dark background.

Yeah, also in Twin Snakes (ugh) in the briefing files Snake's hair is brown.

Sigint is
Donald Anderson, the DARPA chief

You don't actually see the DARPA chief die on screen (unless you count the short time you see him in the aftermath of his death during the psychic flashback), Snake was talking to Decoy Octopus disguised as the Darpa Chief.

Liquid was wrong.
Yeah, and it's possible that Big Boss himself was showing his recessive gene traits (at least AFAIK, I could be wrong on the science of it).

Link pls.

Finally found out where I had heard that from:

YongYea's summary of the Game Informer coverage on MGSV.

However, looking over the actual writing, he may have been mistaken:

Game Informer said:
Haunting figures appear, resembling characters from the series' past - a flaming version of MGS3's villain, Volgin, and Metal Gear Solid's gas masked telepath, Psycho Mantis.

Oh well. Guess I was probably wrong, since it looks like YongYea misread the article. If we were to draw the same conclusions as he did, Volgin has been confirmed to appear in TPP too.

You don't actually see the DARPA chief die on screen (unless you count the short time you see him in the aftermath of his death during the psychic flashback), Snake was talking to Decoy Octopus disguised as the Darpa Chief.

Yeah, and it's possible that Big Boss himself was showing his recessive gene traits (at least AFAIK, I could be wrong on the science of it).

Very true. I was referring to the poster who commented that Sigint dies before he was a character (which as I type that sentence I realize how weird that comment is). He died before we knew he was Sigint. We did get to meet Sigint we just didn't know that's who it was. I think I've gone cross eyed.

SMZC

He won't kill kids. The trailer is to throw us off. Like someone said he helped kids and stuff in metal gear 2.

He didn't help kids in Metal Gear 2. He purposefully set out to make kids orphans in his wars, taking them in afterwards in order to expand his army.

Big Boss was a dick, man. It's about time MGSV shows us what he actually turns into.

Very true. I was referring to the poster who commented that Sigint dies before he was a character (which as I type that sentence I realize how weird that comment is). He died before we knew he was Sigint. We did get to meet Sigint we just didn't know that's who it was. I think I've gone cross eyed.

Well... he does, I mean
the DARPA chief (Sigint) dies before Solid Snake even gets to Shadow Moses, you never interact with him until MGS3.

Amen. He wasn't seen murdering children in MG2, but he openly admitted to causing wars to create orphans, then training those orphans to fight more wars in order to create a cycle of hatred and war. He's crazy, and it's not crazy to think he takes some drastic steps to get revenge in MGSV.

Nibel

Is Big Boss shooting those kids? We don't know.

One of the biggest "WTF?" moments for me - he can't become that diabolical, right?.. right?

I want to know what the heck is going on in that time after Motherbase gets bombed and Big Boss gets his entire life fucked

JayEH

Ok so according to the Metal Gear wiki, Ocelot was 70 when he died. Even if this isn't true Snake says that Ocelot is a kid in MGS3, implying he is older than him.

Big Boss is confirmed to be 49 in the Phantom Pain in 1984, making Ocelot 40 in the game (assuming that his age is correct). Why does Ocelot looks so much older than BB?

Rizzi

Two things I want to know about Ground Zeroes.
Why does he go by Snake? He should have abandoned his old code name by now, and why the heck does he have a FOX patch on his arm?

Alienous

Ok so according to the Metal Gear wiki, Ocelot was 70 when he died. Even if this isn't true Snake says that Ocelot is a kid in MGS3, implying he is older than him.

Big Boss is confirmed to be 49 in the Phantom Pain in 1984, making Ocelot 40 in the game (assuming that his age is correct). Why does Ocelot looks so much older than BB?

The age difference is about 10 years. Ocelot's around 19-20 years old in Snake Eater, being born 20 or so years before 1964. Snake's about 30.

I wouldn't be surprised if Big Boss ends up endorsing hair dye in TPP. That's the major thing that makes Ocelot 'look' older. It's a little strange though, yeah.

If Liquid
Eli
was a natural blond and Snake is naturally dark haired what colour hair did Solidus have.

I hope it was always granpa grey

JayEH

Why does he go by Snake? He should have abandoned his old code name by now, and why the heck does he have a FOX patch on his arm?

Big Boss was a code name given to him by the American government so since he's dissociated himself with them, he doesn't use it anymore I guess.

As far as the patch goes, some people have told me that maybe its an homage to his old unit. Who knows, but he does have a MSF patch on the other arm.

It's rare for him to actually be called Snake, I think it's a "between friends" thing at this point (and only friends like Chico, Kaz calls him "Boss", and Paz has referred to him by both names) and I think the casting reel description of him is a continuity error for this reason. As far as the larger political/military powers are concerned, he is Big Boss.

Big Boss was a code name given to him by the American government so since he's dissociated himself with them, he doesn't use it anymore I guess.
The opposite, he actually embraced the name at the end of Peace Walker which is why people are so confused on this issue, because it doesn't make sense (and like I said, I personally think it's a continuity error.)

and why the heck does he have a FOX patch on his arm?
Probably for sentimental reasons, and because FOX has been disbanded by then. I don't think it was ever brought up in Peace Walker. What I do know is that Kojima took advantage of this to show him as opposite to XOF in the intro.

what colour hair did Solidus have.
Brown. This is implied due to him being an exact replica of Big Boss.

He didn't help kids in Metal Gear 2. He purposefully set out to make kids orphans in his wars, taking them in afterwards in order to expand his army.

Big Boss was a dick, man. It's about time MGSV shows us what he actually turns into.

I should probably replay it. It's been too many years and I did it when Subsistence came out on PS2. I'll go through it on Vita around when PP comes out.

Alienous

Not a dick. Just a dude who wakes up from a coma with severe brain damage.

It's tragic, yo.

Warewolf

If there is one person I trust with the visual Identity of metal Gear it's Yoji Shinkawa.
Shinkawa: Pliskin's hair is more blonde. Snake's hair might be blonde naturally.

In MGS, his hair is brown. He probably dyed his hair before infiltration.
Link

There is concept art in the MGS2 Artbook of him (As Pliskin) with undeniably blonde hair as well. Putting aside all of this and the fact that
Eva
was blonde as well, it's still way cooler to think that Snake is such an operator he would deliberately dye his hair before a mission to gain every edge he can on avoiding detection by the enemy.

Top Bottom