• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MH4U is the fastest selling MH game ever in the US

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
From the Nintendo PR for the February NPD:

"Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate sold more than 290,000 combined physical and digital units and is now the fastest-selling Monster Hunter title – across all platforms – in U.S. history."

For EU we know that started way better than MH3 ultimate, from Nintendo data, and it charted in many weekly charts from GFK data

z0GaMvM.jpg

well deserved imho, because to me it is the best entry in the franchise

Ugh wish I could find a copy locally -_-

Glad to see that MH is finally starting to get traction in the states. Hopefully it opens the gate for more titles to get Stateside.

About time the series has been getting unfair treatment since the start. I can't kill this dragon hur dur fire sword against fire dragon 6.5.

Meesh

All hail Monster Hunter, well deserved!!! One of my favorite franchises of all time and I hope for greater success down the road. :)

Eolz

Nice!
Nintendo really helped in terms of marketing and trying to make it seem more accessible, just as Capcom pushed Nintendo to make some hardware decisions on its platforms.
Hope the series will continue to expand slowly. Don't think the series will ever be a massive success in the west though, too much japanese/grind-ey for most of the western audiences.

Scher

That's great to hear! Really good to see Monster Hunter getting some love in the US. Hopefully we'll see some good legs on the sales of MH4U!

Nachos

how necessary is the 2nd analog

It was a must-have to make the underwater combat in 3 bearable; now that it's been removed, a second stick really isn't necessary. Between the target cam and viewing options they give you, you really won't need to have a fine level of camera control, even if it is nice. The only real case I could make for it would be for the ranged weapons, and even then, most of the time there are better alternatives to the modes where they'd be needed.

studyguy

That's good to hear, I'd still prefer to have a second analog and see it on other platforms. Doubt this will carry it to that, but it's good news all the same.

Not of the vanilla game but likely of the U games

I'm torn on this. On one hand, I'd like to get the vanilla games here because I like the series and don't want to wait. On the other hand, the "ultimate/G/Freedomderpadoo" are the only versions worth owning.

My solution? Stop being so fucking Capcom and release the full game in the first place...worldwide.

hunnies28

I'm torn on this. On one hand, I'd like to get the vanilla games here because I like the series and don't want to wait. On the other hand, the "ultimate/G/Freedomderpadoo" are the only versions worth owning.

My solution? Stop being so fucking Capcom and release the full game in the first place...worldwide.

I'm not opposed to the idea of paid DLC content. Paying 10 -> 20 bucks to upgrade to G doesn't sound bad if it means we'll get the game sooner.

Neoxon

Bravo, Capcom. Every dollar is well-earned.

If you guys can get a Wii U version out with that money (maybe with cross-saves), that'd be awesome as well. I remember the days of me lugging my Wii U around to play with my 3DS buddies in MH3U.

The 0.5-second or so lag between the moment you press L and the moment the camera actually moves is not suited to fast-paced fights.

are you saying it takes 0 second to move your finger from the buttons to the c-stick then? (If you are using claw method, then nvm)

studyguy

I'm not opposed to the idea of paid DLC content. Paying 10 -> 20 bucks to upgrade to G doesn't sound bad if it means we'll get the game sooner.

Problem is Capcom gonna Capcom.
It's such annoying issue when you want everything condensed into one title but they insist on stringing it out, especially with MH.

Kathian

Banned

If the U version were a launch version they could just launch a V version!

MH4U is so freakin good. I've started actually bringing my 3DS places to play it on the go. In my years of portable console ownership, I've rarely ever been so motivated to do that.

ZeroX03

Banned
Not surprised. Fantastic news. Playing on the train with strangers was a delightful surprise for someone outside Japan.

kewlbot

i kid you not, a lot of the stores where sold out of this game in my area only a couple of days after the release

i was pretty surprised, but im glad its doing well here

Top Bottom