• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Michael Moore: Trump never wanted to win. Purposefully sabotaging his campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not purposefully trying to sabotage it, but I do think that he probably considers holding onto his audience to be more important than winning the election. I can't imagine that he genuinely believes doubling down on his current tactics is going to land him the oval office.

I assumed the Trump will be our next president piece was a polemic meant to get people to vote.

No, until the DNC and Trump's tanking in the polls, a lot of people really thought Trump was going to win. The "Trump is Unstoppable" narrative was very powerful, even though it was based on flawed logic to begin with.

The Kree

Banned
1200.jpg

rjinaz

100% agree. Can't believe people think otherwise.

Yep. Constantly changing his people. Going on rants. It is obvious the man is stressed the hell out. This is not a man that is having a big laugh. This is a man that thought he was going to have it all but is slowly watching his dreams slip away. I expect him to get worse the closer to election. Somehow.

rjinaz

Why is it so hard for people to believe that Trump really is that terrible of a person?

Good question. This is why I get so ticked off with the "he's a democrat in disguise" theory.

No. He's a terrible person. That's it. The end. It just so happens his personal agenda of making the history books is also sinking the GOP at the same time.

Sibylus

Banned
The amount of bullshit rationalization people have been making about Donald Trump is amazing. No, he's not a Clinton plant. No, he's not trying to throw the election.

He means what he says, he's a fascist, he's a racist, the only real national interests he represents are Russia's, and he's an incompetent who doesn't know how to win a presidential election.

There is no shadowy master plan. He's an unvetted, untested, inexperienced, incompetent egomaniac who has risen to a level of play where he simply can no longer succeed. Shadowy master plan? Cast your eyes hither to interests abroad and domestic that find him to be a useful idiot.

I am loving these Punished Trump conspiracies.

I hope Trump never reveal the truth so we can keep on coming up with crazier ones.

ReAxion

Oh you spent an afternoon with him, huh? Damn, sounds legit...

Meanwhile, Tony Schwartz, ghost writer of Trump's book spent 18 months with him.

Xe4

Banned
Aren't his movies good though? Thats what he's known for in Germany at least.
He makes middling documentaries that peddle liberal propoganda. And I say that as a liberal. There are much better documentaries made by those who care more than about making money.

aeolist

Banned
people who ascribe these underlying motivations and machinations to trump are either projecting or expressing their wish fulfillment.

he does not have a plan, he is pure concentrated unfocused human id. he does not say or do anything for clearly expressible reasons, they emerge from his lizard brain fully formed.

he does not understand himself anymore than we do. in fact i'd say he doesn't really "understand" anything. he is a chinese room with shitty things written on the inside and nothing more.

I've said the exact same thing in previous threads. There were statements a while back from a former campaign manager that basically said they were shooting for a second place finish in the primaries. But the ball got rolling too fast and Trump's ego couldn't stop it.

It should have been obvious with the Khan stuff. If there is a list of things you don't do on a presidential campaign at the very top of that list, bolded, italicized, highlighted and in all caps it says "DO NOT INSULT A VETERAN OR THEIR FAMILY." Trump is absolutely self-sabotaging his campaign.

I believe it,

What is incredible; is the republicans have had 8 years, and this field they represented was their best of the best?

Wow.Its simply amazing. I grew up in a hardcore republican house, and I registered as one when I first got the Chance to vote. In my opinion, they have never been more lost as a party then they are now, Antiquated, and stale.

Trump did this for recognition, I really don't think he wants to win.

Liberals calmly telling themselves that the incredibly incompetent and divided hard right could never possibly win a vote when it is so brutally clear that the liberal-backed side is superior is the same stuff that allowed Brexit to sneak in through the back door here in the UK.

The centre and left in the US needs to carry on hammering away and working extremely hard to convert the chances of Trump winning from very unlikely to nil.

WillyFive

So this is what would happen if Colbert's presidential campaign actually went past South Carolina, and got the nomination....

...actually Colbert would have either taken it really seriously after that or dropped out willingly.

Liberals calmly telling themselves that the incredibly incompetent and divided hard right could never possibly win a vote when it is so brutally clear that the liberal-backed side is superior is the same stuff that allowed Brexit to sneak in through the back door here in the UK.

The centre and left in the US needs to carry on hammering away and working extremely hard to convert the chances of Trump winning from very unlikely to nil.

The fear-mongering from UK-GAF is hilarious. Our polls actually mean something unlike yours.

KHarvey16

I mean, I'm not saying it's definitely what happened or anything, but predicting he would win and then subsequently overhearing others discuss how he doesn't even want to win aren't contradictory positions.

Volimar

I mean, I'm not saying it's definitely what happened or anything, but predicting he would win and then subsequently overhearing others discuss how he doesn't even want to win aren't contradictory positions.

Says who? Dammit wrong thread.

Nice to see you back btw.

What the hell about any liberal reaction to Donald Trump has been fucking calm lol

DrArchon

If Trump never wanted to win he would've never had a single press conference in front of a teleprompter. He tried to pivot, he half-assed it and hated it, and now he's going to campaign on his own terms (which makes it look like he's trying to lose because his own terms are fucking crazy).

Good question. This is why I get so ticked off with the "he's a democrat in disguise" theory.

I mean, "Democrat in Disguise" is unlikely, but "Fake Republican" is pretty accurate. Mostly because he has such a childish, passing understanding of politics that before this whole thing started I doubt he would have been able to tell you the core philosophies or keystone policy positions of either political party.

I wouldn't be surprised if he originally hewed a little left of center on everything but taxes, labor laws, and race relations, to be honest. Though at this point he's been pretty thoroughly briefed on the party policy and probably has internalized it to some extent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom