• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Michael Pachter says "PC Gamers are like Racists"

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVDRobo

This is an absolutely stupid generalisation.

Let's be real here - some small subsection of the PC gaming market for some reason has developed a bit of a superiority complex and is willing to look down on anyone that doesn't play on their platform due to a term an internet comedian coined sarcastically years ago. This is incredibly stupid and ridiculously grating to most people on both sides of whatever dumb platform war is perceived to be ongoing.

Most other well-adjusted people on both PC and consoles just get on with playing their video games without taking platform choice to heart as their own personal battle so much.

Biske

You know, sometimes I worry that I'm dumb and do dumb things and say dumb things. And then I realize, you know some people are even more dumb

Hektor

so PC gamers probably vote for Trump

Well, i mean, can you buy this on console?

X3xtRTL.png

On PC you do!

Point proven.

LordRaptor

Good thing an affluent straight white middle aged ivy-leaguer can mansplain to us all that racism is basically the same as console wars.

Ahh yes, I remember adding him to my ignore list when he was posting on GAF. I was bang on (from someone who games on a PC, Xbox One and PS4).

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
For me it is not racist but more like egoist. PC gamers wants everything on PC, not allowing console exclusives. Plus because they love gimmicks (4K, 144hz, ultra settings) so yeah.

Paid games? Bad. Free game? 10/10. (This just happened before in my circles about in Ryse and The Crew which recently free on PC)

Sometimes I even hate myself.

How is that egoists to not want console exclusives so more people can play them? I have seen vita fans begging everything to be on vita too.

And why is 4K/144hz gimmicks when they are coming to the consoles in the future?

I definitely agree with pachter. The pc gaming crowd is so annoying to see go on and on. They are largely the reason gaming discussions are overflowing with resolution and frame rate talks with way less emphasis on game mechanics and other components that actually determine a quality game.

my dude the ps4 and xbox one are getting entire revisions dedicated to "the same thing but better resolution and framerate" and people are already eating that shit up. This isn't a phenomenon exclusive to PC gaming.

Let's be real here - some small subsection of the PC gaming market for some reason has developed a bit of a superiority complex and is willing to look down on anyone that doesn't play on their platform due to a term an internet comedian coined sarcastically years ago. This is incredibly stupid and ridiculously grating to most people on both sides of whatever dumb platform war is perceived to be ongoing.

That's true.
What's also true is that you could replace the phrase "PC gaming market" with any given modern console userbase and literally that entire paragraph would still work perfectly
As has been mentioned in here already, that's just how fanboys roll

kiguel182

I think that assholes play in every platform. People thinking they are better than others because they play in x platform is unfortunately more common than it should be.

Patchers statement is ridiculous and really, really, tone deaf.

Also, the only reaction I have when someone takes the platform they play super seriously is feeling sad for that person. Because, well, it's just video games and everyone enjoys what they like and spends their money where they want.

Well, he may be right or not, but there's an absolute truth in there anyway: gaming on pc is factually better than anything else.

You can have everything and even more. Outside of console exclusive games, that is (that would still be better on pc, given the chance).

Pachter is the same old funny dude.

joms5

For those who need more proof on how out of touch Pachter is, remember this?

Long time guest of GTTV's Bonus Round and Wedbush Securities analyst Michael Pachter said of The Walking Dead and Journey, "Those games don't have a prayer, they're not going to win."

GTTV host Daniel Kayser responded, asking,"Really? The Walking Dead doesn't have a prayer? Because the industry isn't ready to award something like that?"

"Totally not. The industry still thinks low price point, low quality. Even thought the game got great reviews. People loved it, they just think its not a real game, its like gaming light and there's no way".

gotyjpg-48a028_800w.jpg

FYI, Journey won best Independent Game that year as well.

This guy has to fucking retire already. Ignorance through and through. No wonder he works with Shane Shatterfield at SIFTED Games.

I spoke with Satterfield at the show last night to try and clarify what he meant. He sees the attention the smaller games received this year as a good thing, saying, "I think its great that these smaller games are starting to get a bigger spotlight and people are starting to pay attention to them" but maintained that he doesn't believe they deserve to be on the list.

Glad both of these associated themselves with a sinking ship. We need less of people like this in the industry.

Trey

I mean...they kind of ARE like racists. Just without all the, I dunno, lynchings and genocides.

Racists haven't been in the overt lynching and genocide business for a while now. Quite telling that a good number of people think mad violence is the only sign of a racist.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Holy shit lol. That's umm. Something.

Also, I've been a "PC gamer" all my life, but I've still owned most of the consoles and enjoy the hell out of them.

Pachter is just an idiot. Always has been.

RedFury

This is a stupid statement. I have a Pretty good PC and have never once said "PC master race" not even jokingly. Being a "fanboy" of anything is bad all the way around. I'm a consumer I go where the games I want are and if available in multiple places where it's cheaper and/or plays better and that's almost always PC. What does irk me though is hearing PC players that have last, last, Gen level machines saying PC master race...and meaning it. Like what? Come on now if can't even have any of the benefits of PC gaming keep your mouth shut. No one should be a pompous ass and say it but if you can't even play a game with mods or let alone run said game just shut up.

Holy shit lol. That's umm. Something.

Also, I've been a "PC gamer" all my life, but I've still owned most of the consoles and enjoy the hell out of them.

Pachter is just an idiot. Always has been.
This. I own every console and play on all of them.

LordRaptor

Racists haven't been in the overt lynching and genocide business for a while now. Quite telling that a good number of people think mad violence is the only sign of a racist.

It doesn't matter what "most people" think is or is not racist, it is an obnoxious trivialisation of a real social issue to equate it to Pc gamers being mean about the Ps4Pro.

So obnoxious it can literally only be amde by someone who has never encountered any form of prejudice in their entire sheltered life and with little to no empathy for others.

Games and exclusives shall be apportioned among the several gaming systems which may be included within this community, according to their respective resolutions, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of free Pixels, including those bound to Service for a Term of Years, and excluding Handhelds not taxed, 900p of all other Gamers.

Raxanas

Neo Member
Can someone give me a TL:DR on who this dude is and what has he done for the industry?

On topic: Why i am a racist if i dont want to buy a newconsole?I like kb+mouse and the tailoring of experience a PC offers.

I see, Pachter is tired of making stupid and flat out wrong predictions and is now branching out to making stupid and flat out wrong statements.

Im not saying he is totally right but the slogan PC Master Race exists after all and for a part of the the community console players are peasants.

Not all but some like everything that can have fanboys.

rockyt

Blanked statement like these are weird especially for me. Since I play primarily pc games, but I do have a Wii u, 3ds, vita, PlayStation, and an xbox.the other system are for certain exclusives while pc is for multi system games. I I like playing games on high setting.

etrain911

I own a PC and a ps4 and a Wii U. I don't know why you would ever go on record and say something like this. Have you heard people on console chat or people during console wars? How're they not the same way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom