• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"The End Of PS5" [dunkey]

NEbeast

Chasing trends for that money. All the xbros are trying so hard to put Sony in the same bracket as Xbox. Yet, one is breaking records and the other is on the path to third party.
This shit is embarrassing.
Snap Out Of It Gordon Ramsay GIF by BBC

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
??? Its channel about him talking about video games.
I meant to say that because the videos are too long, the funny parts don't stand out as much as Dunkey's. Btw, I agree with the criticisms in here that Dunkey isn't as funny as he used to be.

Fbh

Its reason I still keep my PS5 around.....I completely lost interest in Sony's first party this gen but 3rd party games have been great.

GGwESirWUAAIi1b

My most hype game this year is almost here!

Yup.
There's no shortage of cool looking games to play this year on Ps5:
FF7 Rebirth, Rise of Ronin, Stellar Blade, Unicorn Overlord, Dragons Dogma 2, Infinite Wealth, Eyuden Chronicle, Methaphor, Elden Ring DLC (maybe?), etc
So I'm happy with the console.

But right now I'm not excited about any first party Sony game.
Maybe Ghost of Tsushima 2 if it's substantially better than the first one.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I meant to say that because the videos are too long, the funny parts don't stand out as much as Dunkey's. Btw, I agree with the criticisms in here that Dunkey isn't as funny as he used to be.
Because he actually talk about the game and wants bring his point a cross and put some jokes in between, Dunkey other hand is just trying be funny similar to CinemaSins and Honest Trailer, but unlike them his not that funny.

sachos

So exclusives that showcase your machine power DO matter afterall?
Its a funny edit specially the Naughty Dog remasters/remakes bit, but it conveniently leaves out games like Ratchet, Returnal, 2nd and 3rd party next gen only games, PSVR2, showcasing either RT or loadtimes, all in a super compressed video at 1080p30fps.
This gloom and doom comes from the report that says "Sony failed to meet expectations of sales during holiday and is entering its latter stages" failing to point out that it actually was a record breaking quarter in terms of sales and it is obvious its entering its later half since this year will be 4 years of the console being out.
If you remember most of the major 8th gen games came out in its latter half starting with year 5 in 2018 with Spider-Man, SotC and GoW, 2019 Days Gone and Death Stranding and 2020 with FF7R, GoT and TLoU2.

Last edited:

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
I like how his video triggered the obvious deluded fanboys. They always fall for it. These funny vids should be done more often so we can sort out the normal humans and the dumbasses around here. Also every joke has a bit of truth in it.
There are definitely some dumbasses around here. You got that right!

Wulfer

Some?

This is what they have slated from 2024 onwards:

1) Helldivers
2) Astrobot 2
3) Concord
4) marathon
5) death stranding 2
6) ghost of tsushima 2
7) Wolverine
8) Venom
7) ND's new IP
8) SSM's new IP
9) Horizon 3
10) Bend's New IP
11) Bluepoint's New IP
12) GT8
13) Media Molecule's new IP
14) HouseMarquee's new IP
15) Rise of Ronin which they are publishing though not sure if they own the rights to the IP like they do for Helldivers

They are going to end the last 4 years of this gen very strong. Just as strong as they did the PS4 gen.

I agree with Dunkey on the remakes that are basically copy pasta when it comes to level design and gameplay, and their moronic focus on cross gen games which resulted in a bunch of samey games from studios that should NEVER be making $200 million samey games. But the upcoming slate is mostly new IPs and next gen only titles.

This doom and gloom is hilarious to me because its not like sony first party had a truly great first 3 years. I think uncharted 4, bloodborne and the last guardian were the only truly great games while others were flawed like KZSF and The Order or mediocre like Infamous Second Son, Ratchet remake and Until Dawn.
And none of them will come close to GTA's release in staying power!

I agree. Nothing is compelling me to buy a PS5 at the moment. I loved my PS4 Pro as the hits were rolling in. But this generation of consoles by both Sony and Microsoft have have been the worst. I really think COVID and going Woke is part of the main reason why gaming is currently in a decline. There simply is not enough GOOD content to warrant a purchase. The Only reason I bought a Series S was because it was $150 brand new from Verizon.

laynelane

Gamers complain that developers get laid off and that game development is unsustainable. One way to occupy the devs with something profitable in between the big games - and to make extra bucks - is to make remakes/remasters, which takes little resources and has good ROI.

Gamers who don't have to buy them - "on no, how dare, I'm sure it was a choice between new IP AAA title and remaster, and lazy game devs chose to release remaster!"

Gamers who don't like Sony games are pissed because Sony isn't catering to them and instead makes games for 10-15 million people who buy them.

I think, in some cases, there's additional reasons/strategy too. For example, I've seen some discontent with Naughty Dog and their remasters of TLoU 1 and 2. I can understand that, but believe these remasters were done to capitalize on the interest generated from the show. If Sony keeps expanding into making TV series out of their IPs, then it's probable we will see more remasters in future too.

Last edited:

Monkfish877

The Playstation I loved from the late 2000s to around 2020 is pretty much dead, it's all about extracting as much money as possible from consumers with minimal investment now. There's no point living in denial, you have to accept reality. Sony/Playstation have no principles, that's why they can just ditch whatever made their first party studios so great in the first place and chase whatever the current trend is (GAAS). I don't like Nintendo games but I do respect them, they have principles and don't stray from their design philosophy, more power to them.

Still waiting for my GOAT’s to deliver aka NaughtyDog, Sucker Punch and Insomniac… Spidey 2 came and went, passable at best (speaking as a longtime Spidey fan).

Otherwise, Sony has leaned heavily on 2nd/3rd Party this gen which is fine of course but this 2nd half of the gen better d e l i v e r

Generic

As I was contemplating whether to get myself a PS5, I realized that as an owner of a PS4 Pro and a PC, I couldn't quite find a meaningful reason. Then this video came across my feed. What do you think about this?
Same. I was looking forward for The Last of Us Online but Sony cancelled it. Now I only care about Stellar Blade.

Svejk

Either it's one of his worst or it went over my head... If it was a troll towards Sony (not that they don't deserve it a lot of the time), the glaring irony of Nintendo's approach could easily have been swapped out and work just as well, if not better.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Dude doesn’t say a word and everyone is like, yep nailed it. Masterclass lol

This is without a doubt the worst gen ever. Things are looking dire in the HD console space. Hope things get better.
we literally just came out of one of the most amazing years in gaming ever. There were some disappointments like starfield and ff16 but most games hit the quality mark we expect from AAA games and then some. RE4, TotK, Baldgurs Gate are genre defining games and plenty of other games consistently delivered.

This year has started out slow but soon we will get FF7, Dragons Dogma and Rise of Ronin. It will end strong with Star Wars and next gen AC. Even MS might have a decent year with Hellblade, Avowed and Indiana Jones.

Death Stranding 2 and GTA6 trailers were absolutely mind blowing, and we are only going to get more amazing stuff with Bioware revealing Dragon Age this summer along with Crystal Dynamics reboot, and who knows what else Sony studios have been cooking. Not to mention all the Nintendo first party titles they have been holding back for Switch 2. Next gen mario, next gen metroid, next gen mario kart, might all get revealed at E3 with a holiday 2024 or spring 2025 release.

Sorry, I am not seeing the whats so dire. This year is going to lack big name releases but i think helldivers has already proved that means nothing. I suspect Rise of Ronin and Dragon's Dogma will be big hits despite their visuals and lack of hype around them due to the gameplay potential alone.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
MS marketing team putting in that work the last few days

Funny how that narrative changed from:
“Sony with no competition is bad” to
“Sony is following MS out the door”

Chasing trends for that money. All the xbros are trying so hard to put Sony in the same bracket as Xbox. Yet, one is breaking records and the other is on the path to third party.
This shit is embarrassing.
Snap Out Of It Gordon Ramsay GIF by BBC
Honestly this feels more ironic to me than anything because it's mainly the Nintendo fanboys doing the hating, waving around how much the switch has sold. Look at the comment section ffs, it's all Nintendo dudes lol

Kacho

we literally just came out of one of the most amazing years in gaming ever. There were some disappointments like starfield and ff16 but most games hit the quality mark we expect from AAA games and then some. RE4, TotK, Baldgurs Gate are genre defining games and plenty of other games consistently delivered.
This year has started out slow but soon we will get FF7, Dragons Dogma and Rise of Ronin. It will end strong with Star Wars and next gen AC. Even MS might have a decent year with Hellblade, Avowed and Indiana Jones.

Death Stranding 2 and GTA6 trailers were absolutely mind blowing, and we are only going to get more amazing stuff with Bioware revealing Dragon Age this summer along with Crystal Dynamics reboot, and who knows what else Sony studios have been cooking. Not to mention all the Nintendo first party titles they have been holding back for Switch 2. Next gen mario, next gen metroid, next gen mario kart, might all get revealed at E3 with a holiday 2024 or spring 2025 release.
It took way too long to get to the point where big games are releasing at a steady clip. We are halfway through the generation, one which has been inundated with remakes and remasters to help publishers fill the void. Pretty soon we’re going to be excited for cross gen games again and we’ll be right back where we were at the start of this generation lol

Shits dire bro

Madflavor

I don't think it's a burning hot take to say this generation has been incredibly underwhelming. I think this is the first generation of gaming where there's been no real improvement in the graphics department. Yes you could easily "technically" me, but the visual and performance gain this gen has undeniably been minimal. People have already touched on the lack of new games that aren't remakes/remasters, which is even a worse problem.

I think there's going to be a demand for more AA games moving forward. AAA gaming has grown far too expensive, and far too long to develop. We're finally really starting to feel the negative effects of bloat. I know I just complained about next gen graphics being underwhelming, but the push for better and better graphics feels like Icarus flying toward the sun at this point. Eventually somethings gotta give. We can't get to the point where it starts costing $500 million and 10+ years to develop one game. It's fucking ridiculous.

This is from Rise of the Tomb Raider, 8 years ago:

When a face model and animations that are almost a decade old are rivaling and even surpassing many models from modern day AAA games, then people should probably start accepting we're plateauing with how much more graphics can improve. This doesn't account for whatever new technologies await us in the future that may end up being the next big thing, but for now, I think it's safe to say the days of "Graphical leaps" with the next new console are pretty much over.

reinking

Gold Member
Maybe I am too dumb to be outraged. I thought the whole thing was a joke down to the ending with the "launch of the PS6" and the "fans go crazy." Which would actually be the end of the PS5. I don't watch his other stuff so maybe I am giving too much credit. 🤷‍♂️

Top Bottom