• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft / Activision Deal Approval Watch |OT| (MS/ABK close)

Do you believe the deal will be approved?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
if you own the studios you can do whatever you want to do with those IPs.
Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
IRyXtTk.gif

there is nothing wrong with saying you are a fanboy of something. but is frustrating when the bias is hiding behind a face of righteousness.

it would be so nice to have an honest and open conversation.
mike yard no shit GIF by The Nightly Show

Search my posts before spouting off like a holier than thou cunt.

Again, my opinion would not change if it were Sony buying up all the top 4 decades old third party publishers and IPs trying to change the shape of overall industry in solely their favor.

There's literally no 'there' there in that report. A statement of objections is a must or prerequisite in any phase 2 before any possible talks of whether any concessions will be or will not be required. They're quite literally just taking a normal part of the procedure and using it to create clickbait. People forget the EU was JUST formally notified of the transaction by Microsoft and Activision Blizzard. Now like all other regulators, they will lay out their concerns, which will then be followed up by more detailed data and evidence from the parties of the transaction to quell all concerns.

So they state where their concerns are, Microsoft then addresses those concerns with evidence and data, and then the regulator upon receipt of that evidence can determine there are willing to accept concessions in particular areas, or that they don't require any concessions at all depending on how convincing Microsoft is in its case. There can be concessions, but there's no evidence yet that any concessions will be ones that Microsoft were not already prepared to make, such as the 10 year Call of Duty commitment they've already said publicly.

We have eggs, but the chickens haven't hatched my friend. I have no issue getting you the game if I lose, but I suspect I'm still going to win this one lol.

Well that's the problem: Microsoft haven't been very convincing so far from the arguments at least publicly provided. I'm sure they've got a stronger case in the courts where there's stuff which doesn't get mentioned publicly, but I'm curious as to how strong those points would actually be to a regulator who's up on their game and isn't open to being "convinced" through means that involve any transfers of monies or valuables (financial or political) benefiting their own pockets.

No disputing that this is just a part of the process, so that EU can formally present concerns to MS and MS can respond. They did ask for evidence previously IIRC, that MS refused to provide, causing the escalation of the investigation. But that's basically in the past now. I still say that at least one of the Big 3 regulatory bodies are going to ask for concessions formally, and probably at least one of them being something MS otherwise would not have offered themselves, but we'll see.

Still befuddles me they offered a 10-year deal for an IP they don't legally own the rights to yet, though. That sure was ballsy to say the least 😁🤣

demigod

sowrry i just quickly read 8 pages of your post history in this thread and i couldn't find any single meaningful, insightful or enlightening comment about this deal being bad.

instead I found this:

k6qlgQo.jpg
AjUJ5Ze.jpg
bBKllWb.jpg
CsBIMt7.jpg
Oyqa009.jpg
Xxp7gLO.jpg
HPkJ9kQ.jpg
Vi3yf44.jpg
zDUhNDO.jpg
vq2tepe.jpg
kXBOW4m.jpg
9P9T5w7.jpg
KLfchmt.jpg
hNXcTTc.jpg
ephiLSP.jpg
KiasM8A.jpg
qpomv2L.jpg

still waiting for that irrefutable argument against this deal.

at least i have post where i explain my point of view.
All i see in those quotes are people thumbing up DeepEngima and laughing at your posts. Not something to be proud of broski.

Warablo

I had a dream that Embracer bought Ubisoft.

If only we had Zenimax/Bethesda to draw from. Which their highest install base was also on the PS platforms with the PS4 and 5. 🤷‍♀️
You heard it here first, Microsoft isn't allowed to buy any studios because Playstation is more popular. Protecting consumers is key. /s

Last edited:

Clintizzle

Lord of Edge.
Are we getting to the point we were at in the Legendary Next Gen Speculation thread? Or have we passed it comfortably? Insane arguments so far.

laynelane

mike yard no shit GIF by The Nightly Show

Search my posts before spouting off like a holier than thou cunt.
[/URL]

Again, my opinion would not change if it were Sony buying up all the top 4 decades old third party publishers and IPs trying to change the shape of overall industry in solely their favor.

7OL3TIs.gif

There's been a few people that really want/need you to come out as some sort of fanboy over the last while, hasn't there? Seems to be a pattern with regards to those people from what I've noticed too. :messenger_expressionless:

feynoob

People dont lose your insanity. This deal means nothing to us plebs.
Unless I am getting money, I am not gonna waste my energy arguing whether its worth it, or negative to the gaming world.
Its ok to troll sometimes, but dont get too heated.

Take a breath, and watch something. We have a long way to go, before we see a vedict.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom