• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Announcement?

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
RBH said:
Underwhelmton indeed. :lol

Although I'm actually interested in hearing about the 360 shortages.

I told you all that there were shortages. People thought that we were talking out the side of our neck or some shit.

border

Procedures for Bloggers faced with the dreaded "SLOW NEWS DAY":

A.
Browse developer job listings
Browse EBGames' totally-made-up release dates
Browse developer/publisher blogs

B.
Make up some kind of rumor based on 1 or more of the above.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
i would not be pleased with Fallout 3 or resident evil 5 going 360 exclusive for all of 08...

moreso Fallout 3, since there is a higher chance of me getting that

Psychotext said:
Just listening to the podcast... this guy is no Peter Moore. Sounds like he's reading from a PR sheet.
Can't you sense the excitement and electricity in the air with his voice? Rolling thunder baby!

Jonnyram

Wollan said:
If they announce a re-modeled X360 with all those Arcade units out there, what will happen?
I dunno, but you're spending a lot of time in MS threads recently - getting fitted up for a new jacket, are you?

Sean

Banned
From the way Mattrick was talking he made it sound like GTA4 multiplayer is exclusive to 360 as well... was this known before?

I'm really excited with it's downloadable content and online multiplayer support - again that's something that is unique to 360.

tino

Banned
CrushDance said:
Capcom has been in bed with MS since this gen started. But after DMC4 and both versions being identical, I'd say RE5 being exclusive would be something that I wouldn't' mind seeing people get upset over.

Capcom has been dancing between different console platforms ever since the SNES/Genesis days.

soul

I hope I'll be wrong, but so far...

nelsonfails.jpg

icecream

Public Health Threat
Error said:
Microsoft Japan?

IU IU IU IU IU IU IU
That's not an announcement though.
OMG Demo and Release Date

If it's a JP announcement, it's probably something expected, like a new title announcement BD2/LO2/Vesparia/SO4/MC2 etc.

stotch

Banned
Sean said:
From the way Mattrick was talking he made it sound like GTA4 multiplayer is exclusive to 360 as well... was this known before?

He talked about it in the MSNBC interview

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22086617/page/2/

We’re excited about “Grand Theft Auto [IV],” not only because it’s a great title, but there’s multi-play and downloadable content that consumers will only be able to get on 360.

Wish he'd talk about what this stuff is.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
If Microsoft bought multiplayer, then I'd say that the 50 mill was well spent off top. I don't even need to know about the other shit.

stotch

Banned
Agent Icebeezy said:
If Microsoft bought multiplayer, then I'd say that the 50 mill was well spent off top. I don't even need to know about the other shit.

You can't buy features out of a competitors version of a game. It has to be something added on. Maybe an extra dlc-only multiplayer mode? Extra vehicle you can have in an online race mode or something. I wish MS would say somthing cos everything coming out of them on this game has been really cryptic.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Or maybe he means the "Xbox Live experience", which MS has done before with multiplatform games ("with an online experience you'll only find on the 360"). Hmmm, wish we knew more though...

Wollan

Well, I'm sure all possible third party exclusives 08 snatch ups and all the GTA4 X360 specific material (obviously not the online mode) will be announced now at GDC. Six days to go.

Quazar

Wollan said:
Well, I'm sure all possible third party exclusives 08 snatch ups and all the GTA4 X360 specific material (obviously not the online mode) will be announced now at GDC. Six days to go.

Doubt it.

El_TigroX said:
They are buying a japanese developer... Sega? I'm putting my stake in the ground.
That would be another collosal mistake by MSFT is true (alluding to the Rare fiasco of course).

If MSFT is going to buy a developer they should go after GOOD ones, like Capcom.

h3ro

Mattrick has a 3 Year plan... WTF?!? I just got this thing six months ago! :D

:lol @ Major talking to Mattrick about what Mattrick has been playing lately...

Major: So what have you been playing lately?
Mattrick: I just finished Assasin's Cree....
Major: [super soft sexy voice] ooooooh yeahhh

:lol :lol

Wollan

DevilWillcry said:
Then what will they announce at E3?
I would expect 09 stuff. I can't remember any of the big three announcing 07 material last E3 (that would give them like max four months to build up hype for something new).
Though MS did announce Scene it & Viva Party I believe but nothing big.

harSon

Banned
DevilWillcry said:
Then what will they announce at E3?

They haven't announced something of significance since the middle of last year... I'm sure they have enough announcements to cover both shows :lol

watership

I check Major's Twitter and see he's going to post a show mid week, and I come back to GAF in the evening and he's being roasted for false hype.

He just updated his TWITTER kids. Everyone pull their pants up.

Wollan said:
I would expect 09 stuff. I can't remember any of the big three announcing 07 material last E3.
Though MS did announce Scene it & Viva Party I believe but nothing big.
RE5, SF4, and FO3 are all 2009 at the earliest. What 3rd party games are even left to secure for 2008?

h3ro

watership said:
I check Major's Twitter and see he's going to post a show mid week, and I come back to GAF in the evening and he's being roasted for false hype.

He just updated his TWITTER kids. Everyone pull their pants up.

Actually, the podcast with Don Mattrick is already up... and he just updated his Twitter to let us know that...

Posting an interview I did with Don Mattrick. Since it's his first time on the show, I thought he deserved a special mid-week edition.

Theres your mid week show...

Wollan

DevilWillcry said:
RE5, SF4, and FO3 are all 2009 at the earliest. What 3rd party games are even left to secure for 2008?
F03 is this fall for sure. Capcom have been teasing with RE5 date but I feel confident it will be this year (or maybe they will follow their famous Jan/feb cycle).

RBH

Sean said:
stotch said:
He talked about it in the MSNBC interview

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22086617/page/2/

Wish he'd talk about what this stuff is.
Interesting.

He probably just misspoke and meant only the DLC is exclusive, but having the multiplayer be 360-exclusive as well would be huge and give more justification to that $50 million figure.

Metal Gear MMOG
Tekken 360
Street Fighter 4 this year 360 exclusive
Shenmue 3 and 4 Exclusive
Alex Kidd 360
Splatterhouse 360
Silent Hill Vs Evil Dead starring Bruce Campbell and Ray Liotta
Conker Kart

Wollan said:
F03 is this fall for sure. Capcom have been teasing with RE5 date but I feel confident it will be this year (or maybe they will follow their famous Jan/feb cycle).
Oh ok, I can see FO3 making late 2008, but I am positive RE5 is a 2009 title.

h3ro

Ash Sparrow said:
Metal Gear MMOG
Tekken 360
Street Fighter 4 this year 360 exclusive
Shenmue 3 and 4 Exclusive
Alex Kidd 360
Splatterhouse 360
Silent Hill Vs Evil Dead starring Bruce Campbell and Ray Liotta
Conker Kart

360 Fit
Super Master Chief Galaxy
Cooking Shepard

People of Gaf: there will never ever be anything of substance, or breaking news on the Major Nelson show/blog/whatever. Learn it. Live it. Love it.

Wollan

DevilWillcry said:
Oh ok, I can see FO3 making late 2008, but I am positive RE5 is a 2009 title.
If RE5 doesn't release before next year then there won't be a exclusivity deal.
If RE5 releases this year then I think it's possible it will happen.

Top Bottom