• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft: Ashen and Cuphead are "lifetime" console exclusives

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Actually according to Kagari it's a SFV situation, meaning it's likely that it will be PC/PS4 at most.

I thought I read that Sony is helping out with the Remake. I haven't kept up with any information since then.

Not to derail, but did something change? Sounded like PS4/pc only (like SFV) last I read.

Ahh, I misunderstood then. Thanks for the clarification.

It's not meant to be an affront against Microsoft, guys.

Haha, I was joking. Thought typing like that would make it apparent.

fight me irl

AgsurEd.gif

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Ok. I'll grab Cuphead on the PS5 then.

*Unless I eventually have enough reasons to get an Xbox One...

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Then I shall play the fuck outta Cuphead on PC. That game looks amazing and running it at 4K+ resolution/downsampling shall be absolutely glorious.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Loving this console exclusive trend. While MS and Sony shovel money to projects PC gamers reap the benefits.

FUUUCK Sony and MS doing all this console exclusive stuff, i cant afford both consoles but i really want to play these games......ohh wait they are coming to PC?

f5axBKB.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So what's the deal with consoles not trying to make anything totally exclusive anymore?
Like do they think PC isn't competition for them or what?

So what's the deal with consoles not trying to make anything totally exclusive anymore?

I guess it makes exclusivity cheaper while keeping it off other home consoles. I think they probably do see PC as competition but as long as it's not the other console they can live with it. With Microsoft it's different though cause I guess they have something to gain form PC gaming

USC-fan

Banned
Good pick up for MS. cuphead art direction is just insane.

Love to see more game that look like a cartoon. Maybe one not super hard...lol

Russell

Tell me about it. I fucking hate the fact that Cuphead is available on PC. In the same way Driveclub and Bloodbourne are exclusive to PlayStation 4, I wish Cuphead was exclusive only to Xbox One. Would have made the console more desirable to people who really want to play the game, which would give people another reason to buy an Xbox One.

Anno

Would have liked to play Cuphead.
Oh well.

It's a bummer that this sentiment has to exist. I'll happily give both of these a shot on PC, but I always wish that more games came to everyone no matter what platform they otherwise prefer.

Tell me about it. I fucking hate the fact that Cuphead is available on PC. In the same way Driveclub and Bloodbourne are exclusive to PlayStation 4, I wish Cuphead was exclusive only to Xbox One. Would have made the console more desirable to people who really want to play the game, which would give people another reason to buy an Xbox One.

This is even worse. "I wish fewer people could experience this sweet looking game because console wars" just makes me sad for games in general.

some of the features of ashen have me drooling, i know cuphead is visually gorgeous and looks like crazy fun but i think its slightly edge out by ashen for me.

Ziffles

FUUUCK Sony and MS doing all this console exclusive stuff, i cant afford both consoles but i really want to play these games......ohh wait they are coming to PC?

f5axBKB.gif

My sentiments exactly. If they want to keep on duking it out for their "console exclusivity", then hey be my guest. As long they keep letting devs have that PC port.

Not coming to PS4 or any other consoles? Np, I'll play it on my
PC
then. This being Xbone console exclusive, doesn't make me want to buy an Xbone at all.

Top Bottom