• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft: Ashen and Cuphead are "lifetime" console exclusives

moozoom

NO way I'm buying an Xbone, so I hope these won't be too demanding specs-wise. The boyfriend just bought a portable, so let's hope it will be able to run those games. I followed Ashen since it was revealed, and it looks really good (cuphead too but the genre doesn't really suits me)

There is this beautiful Darks Souls-with-a-mouse game too, that is PC bound that I want to play, so I'll borrow an xbox controller when it's released.

Really want to see more of Ashen. The concept seems pretty cool, but ambitious and I'm curious if they pull it off. Already hyped for Cuphead.

Durante

Since I found out that Cuphead has coop I'll probably get it day 1.
Ashen also looks great.

Praise the non-competing PC!

I believe 2016 is too far away and the wait may hurt the game impact. Since it was already show last E3, I was hoping I could play it soon. Looks amazing.

Oneself

Those 2 and Ori might become "late life cycle" system sellers for me. Cuphead looks right up my alley gameplay-wise and is probably the best looking 2D game ever, period.

Too bad. If its MS published cant really complain. Cuphead looks amazing. I think ill play it eventually.
Can't really complain to MS either way. Good job for them, shame for me as I really want to play Cuphead. Might play it on PC if that's the case, even though I'm not a fan of playing there.

Robert7lee

Neo Member
Too bad for people with only PS4. Cuphead looks amazing, though I'm a bit worried about the talk about it being so difficult. I kinda suck at 2D platformers ... :p

Can you really call this game a platformer? It's a series of boss fights, VERY difficult boss fight from what I've heard. Probably more action orientated, I hope.

Anyone disappointed it's not a side scrolling platformer?

Btw there were games mentioned at Xbox press event that were for windows 10, does that mean they were windows 10 exclusive? Really don't want to part from windows 7.

Well Microsoft is further committing itself to X1 and the PC with moves like this. Plus a developer having to spend less time porting across more platforms means more valuable development focused on the the ones that are having it as exclusive. Win/Win for X1 and PC owners.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
This about as weird as the No Man's Sky comparison.

Anyway, Cuphead looks amazing (obviously) and this is a good get for MS in the console space. I'll be getting it for PC but still, good on them. Man, PC has been making out like a bandit lately. Fucking dope!

Nothing weird about it. Cuphead is a hardcore bullet-hell game, and despite it looking amazing, doesn't have much appeal. Ashen just looks mediocre. My point was that neither of these games are going to do anything for Microsoft as exclusives.

wachie

Great. Buying on PC then.

Cuphead looks absolutely amazing. Shame it's on One, but i'll settle for the PC version
Why shame? These "exclusives" are still available on PC, just like some of PS4's. I don't mind them as long as I still have an option of PC.

LowerLevel

Ori is already released. We are at least half a year or more from Cuphead release. People attention could move to other games, or some other dev could attempt something similar.

My meaning is that the point I think you were trying to convey could probably have been applied to Ori last year as it was shown pretty early and was also delayed, if I'm not mistaken, but it seemed to turn out all right. It, too, was Xbox/PC only. Just a thought...

Coreda

From reading the thread title it sounds like the games are exclusive to Xbox One, but the OP mentions PC as well. Could be clearer.

T.O.P

Banned
Cuphead looks absolutely amazing. Shame it's on One, but i'll settle for the PC version

tumblr_ngjlocoC8g1qa9dopo2_500.gif

smh

New002

From reading the thread title it sounds like the games are exclusive to Xbox One, but the OP mentions PC as well. Could be clearer.

That's the terminology these days :(

"Console exclusive" means it's exclusive to said console, but is available on other non-console devices as well.

Ushay

Does it make me petty that I find it annoying that there seem to be so many "shame it's on XB1" posts in this thread?

It's annoying as hell. I have no idea what these people get from doing this over and over. We get it, you dislike X / Y / Z brand/company, nobody gives a shit.

U bought a console for 2 games on PC and one exclusive that's a new IP w/o gameplay? Nice

Oh right, I forgot you need to justify how you spend your paycheck around here, sorry

I'll make sure to check with you next time I make a purchase

Also if you believed my post was 100% serious, I dunno what to say

Cuphead looks amazing. I've loved it ever since it was shown off at last years E3 and was really hoping for a timed exclusive announcement. Its a great get for Microsoft.

Shame that I probably wont get a chance to play it unless I happen to buy an Xbox in the future.

Dai101

Banned
What is Cuphead, a SHMUP? It really looks wonderful but that gameplay style isn't really for me. Would have loved it to be a platformer but all the footage I can find is just Contra/R-Type with beautiful graphics.

Cuphead is not a SHMUP.

Cuphead is more a run and gun with a focus on boss battles in the vein of Contra: Hard Corps

Top Bottom