• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft //build/ 2015 |OT| Write Once

Status
Not open for further replies.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I want this now.

lhjhbB9.gif

Alx

The headset seems less bulky already (or maybe it's an illusion). But the fact it's hiding the eyes is still unsettling.

f0lken

Microsoft is really stealing from everyone :p
This was the Ubuntu Edge concept a few years back:
ubuntu-edge.jpg

Motorola had one years before that.

Hopefully MS has realized that people don't want the innovation before it can work as intended (Tablet-PCs anyone?) but things that are so refined that it seem new.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
This stuff is blowing my mind.

Schrade

This use of HoloLense for education (The Anatomy demo) is really good.

Hope it actually comes to fruition and isn't just for show.

Who will develop in Objective-C in Visual Studio? Mac environment is moving over to Swift. It's the sole environment that has kept the language alive. Are Microsoft hoping to extend the life of Obj-C to be a thorn in Mac's side?

Lots of people? Swift is so immature right now and Obj-C has decades of build up behind it.Very few people are gonna just drop Obj-C over night. Swift isn't going to take over for a few more years at least.

Darkangel

Hololens has a lot of potential for productivity. Instead of buying 2 monitors you can just sit in your cublicle with hololens and have as many as you want.

I wonder what the resolution is like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom