• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft E3 Media briefing dated - Monday, June 9th at 9:30 AM PDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love to see Ryse 2. I enjoyed the first a lot. If they add more enemy types and combat variety they'll have a fantastic game.

If they do Ryse 2 they need to add Cesaer mode where twitch viewers can make it harder or easier for you as you move up the tournament (viewers being the cesaer)

Filaipus

Banned
You know a list is fake when it is that good haha.

And halo 5 won't be this year, no way. It will follow the same rule as every other Halo. They tease it (2013) , then they show gameplay or a more evolved teaser (2014) and then they release next year (2015).

@Major and Phil

Glad you saw the gifs and images, they are really good!

*hugs*

If they do Ryse 2 they need to add Cesaer mode where twitch viewers can make it harder or easier for you as you move up the tournament (viewers being the cesaer)

This is a great idea. And the more they vote the louder the crowd gets.

I ran into Phil in the office today - he said he was really enjoying reading this thread.

Oh, and the GIFs :)

yes the gifs.. looking forward to e3

SkareKro

I ran into Phil in the office today - he said he was really enjoying reading this thread.

Can you ask him how many t-shirts he plans on wearing at E3. That's all we want to know.lol

Also beat your records on Powerstar Golf last night. Step yo game UP , Marcus psp.

blakep267

haven't played Ryse yet, but i watched a walkthrough it would be super dope if they added an open world and better RPG elements like armor and shit like that to the sequel.

Ehh. I mean then they are going into Asscreed territory and that would suck to me. I think Ryse is perefctl fine as a really linear game.

If they could just take the second half of Ryse, add more weapons to it and maybe a little bit of exploration but not overly do it, that'd be fine.

Chettlar

Banned
I still disagree, what sells and makes the most coin? Campaign and some multiplayer, not just multiplayer. We know factually something like 50% only even play campaign. So to get the most sales its a new game with a new campaign, CEA was the best remake I've ever seen and it still only sold 2 million.

I would argue that Halo 2's multiplayer would actually sell more than CEA's campaign.

Plus, campaign's get old after playing the same thing over and over. By contrast multiplayer thrives on being the same thing over and over, as long as it's really good. I have a number of friends that absolutely love halo, but don't really see the point in buying CEA just to play a new game with "new graphics" while they practically foam at the mouth at the mention of getting to play Halo 2 multiplayer again.

You're not understanding the appeal here. The appeal is NOT for the new graphics. As far as Halo CEA goes, really the only improvement is the graphics. Lots of people pass on that because they can't see the point in rebuying something just to make it look pretty.

That really isn't comparable to Halo 2. I mean, sure, a lot of people including myself would love the thought of a shiny new Halo 2, but that's not the main thing here. The main thing is the multiplayer, which is currently unavailable. If I wanted to go play the CE campaign, I could do so, and for a much cheaper price than buying CEA. But no matter what I do, there is absolutely no way I can play Halo 2's multiplayer. At all. (Barring PC, which doesn't really count for a number of reasons).

The situations are not parallel. I would bet you money if I had any that H5 does not release this year and that H2, when it does release, will sell more than Halo CEA. Much more.

Now what most who want H2A are really getting at is multiplayer and population retention. Why would MS want to cannibalise multi-population with a H2A stand alone and then have that compete with Halo 5? If they did that would logically point to a shoe horned experience.

By that logic, Halo 4 would have been cannibalized by Halo Reach.

If Halo 2A releases and is wildly popular, then the logical step would be to take that formula and improve on it for Halo 5. This is also why a Halo 5 beta would make a lot of sense. Get people invested in it for free.

Remember, people mainly want Halo 2 because they want that fantastic arena-style gameplay that it had + nostalgia. Remember, though, that people also crave new things. This is a 10 year old remake. The nostalgia will wear off eventually, and by that time, people will be craving something new.

Perhaps H2A is for the 360 only you may say? That would negate the "urgent need" perspective for buying into X1 though.

I agree, but that's really neither here nor there.

Perhaps H2A is for both platforms you may say? That would create a large technical hurdle for development between P2P vs dedis. We've seen games that support official X1 Azure servers don't use a hybrid model. We can safely assume 343i will be using official servers unlike say COD with their own hybrid networking model. So again another minefield for development/resources/game releases.

I don't think it will be for both platforms, but it worked just fine for PvZ and Titanfall.

To me the stars don't seem to be aligning for H2A, it just feels like too many reasons not to and better opportunities are to be had with new Halo games.

Now looking forward post E3, they show their hidden cards now, garner sales and solid releases through this important first year and really align themselves with a solid platform with exclusive reasons to buy a platform in time for XMAS season. Would H2A do that for XMAS compared to say H5 or a new Halo campaign AND multiplayer game?

I don't think so, perhaps I'm wrong, perhaps they have a bunch of Halo games for this year that will overlap each other. Speculation is fun but we'll find out soon enough.

You're also forgetting the amount of time Halo 5 would need for production. Frankly, I don't want Halo 5 to only have a two year dev cycle. The best Halos have all had ample dev cycles. Halo 5 needs that, especially since it's apparantly a known fact that Halo 4 was actually a bit time-starved.

Just announce new colors please!!!!

xbox-one-white.jpg

I need it in White.

blakep267

Hi Phil!

Did you see my Tweet?

Would you do me a favor and tell Phil to get a GAF account? plsthnx

Lol, thats a terrible idea. Granted a lot of people here are great, but then you get turned on. See Pennello and drive club director before everything was straightened out

Ehh. I mean then they are going into Asscreed territory and that would suck to me. I think Ryse is perefctl fine as a really linear game.

If they could just take the second half of Ryse, add more weapons to it and maybe a little bit of exploration but not overly do it, that'd be fine.

your right take the open world out but they should add in some sort of equipment upgrade system.

Even Assassin's Creed has some time off to tinker between a mediocre first entry and an outstanding second. I think Ryse needs the same.

Hawk269

A more in depth Ryse would kick ass. Hopefully they do it.

It has been rumored for a while that a new Ryse would not be set in the same time period. Originally a rumor suggested it was England and called "Ryse: Knights of England".

I basically want something similar to the first game, but with more enemy variety, at least 2 chapters longer and just a bit of exploration available. Not open world, but just some openness for hidden goodies, perhaps a hidden dungeon you can explore or something like that. Visually, I expect it to blow the doors of of everything. I still am of the belief that Ryse Son of Rome is in my opinion, them most graphically next gen game so far. They did such an amazing job on it visually and it was a launch game.

Ryse arena co-OP was great fun with your mates. I regret trading it in actually. Sequel is most welcome but I think it's too early, maybe next year to announce that.

Would love to see Ryse 2. I enjoyed the first a lot. If they add more enemy types and combat variety they'll have a fantastic game.

I would love too, but next year. As you said, the game needs tons of content, let's give them time to build it!

RoKKeR

So we're hearing more about Games for Gold for XBO at E3, correct? Any predictions?

I personally think Ryse is a lock for the first game... would provide some great value right out of the gate.

Xbox One is lead platform for The Division?
Ubisoft's The Division?
Assassins Creed Ubisoft?
Watch Dogs onlyonplaystationbutnotreally Ubisoft?

rrc1594

So we're hearing more about Games for Gold for XBO at E3, correct? Any predictions?

I personally think Ryse is a lock for the first game... would provide some great value right out of the gate.

What if HA2 was first games with gold. Then Halo 5 comes out later this year

Hawk269

That is good to hear Major. Tell Phil, we are looking forward to E3. I hope you guys really deliver.

Oh and....

HALO WARS 2!!!!
HALO WARS 2!!!!
HALO WARS 2!!!!

Make it so Phil! :)

RoKKeR

Xbox One is lead platform for The Division?
Ubisoft's The Division?
Assassins Creed Ubisoft?
Watch Dogs onlyonplaystationbutnotreally Ubisoft?

Obviously it's not the lead platform but last year they announced a partnership with Microsoft for "exclusive content" (lol) for the game.

http://www.totalxbox.com/60751/tom-clancys-the-division-gets-exclusive-xbox-one-dlc/

What if HA2 was first games with gold. Then Halo 5 comes out later this year

Would make no sense, because the very nature of H2A is a cash-in, essentially. One I and many, many others will gladly pony up for. Doesn't really make any sense to offer a full, unreleased, important AAA title for free.

Obviously it's not the lead platform but last year they announced a partnership with Microsoft for "exclusive content" (lol) for the game.

http://www.totalxbox.com/60751/tom-clancys-the-division-gets-exclusive-xbox-one-dlc/

Would make no sense, because the very nature of H2A is a cash-in, essentially. One I and many, many others will gladly pony up for. Doesn't really make any sense to offer a full, unreleased, important AAA title for free.

you_got_me_breaking_bad.gif

But yeah I totally forgot that. I wonder if that will remain true. Ubisoft seems to have hitched a ride to Sony's wagon.

Pathos

Banned
Not necessarily. It just means its the system they're focusing on building the game around. (Not that I think any of that list is real).
Oh okay. The XBO is getting exclusive content for The Division so maybe but I agree, the list seems to be made up of hopes and dreams.

rrc1594

I'm not serious, but that would be some MAJOR fan service

spanks

Speaking of Ryse 2, I hope they really change it up. The first one had a great setting, great graphics, and great potential, but the linearity and repetitiveness ruined it for me. Imagine Ryse 2 as a more open Zelda-alike, or even Dark Souls style. Exploring Ancient Rome/England would be a lot cooler than just using it as a pretty backdrop for a basic brawler. They should lean away from the obvious God of War inspiration imo.

JaggedSac

Needs multiple weapon types, armor types, leveling up needs more depth, couple more combos, fix the little glitches, add campaign coop, lots more enemy types, couple better gameplay elements(better than ballista stuff, didn't care for that).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom