• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft E3 Media briefing dated - Monday, June 9th at 9:30 AM PDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright people, who wants to be on the Hype Train!!!

and-here-we-go-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1271.gif

This one is for the Major

I would jump on if I didn't steal my avatar from this thread. :)

Speaking of Ryse 2, I hope they really change it up. The first one had a great setting, great graphics, and great potential, but the linearity and repetitiveness ruined it for me. Imagine Ryse 2 as a more open Zelda-alike, or even Dark Souls style. Exploring Ancient Rome/England would be a lot cooler than just using it as a pretty backdrop for a basic brawler. They should lean away from the obvious God of War inspiration imo.

Not everything needs to be like Dark Souls. It just doesn't have to be like Call of Duty with swords.

spanks

Not everything needs to be like Dark Souls. It just doesn't have to be like Call of Duty with swords.

I'd prefer a more Zelda type approach, even going open world with some RPG elements. I mention Dark Souls as an alternative in the opposite direction; if they're going to focus on combat, the combat better have lot's of nuance and gravity behind it. Mowing down samey bad guys in a hack-n-slash is even more boring that mowing down samey bad guys in an FPS.

I second the motion for a white X1. I would be totally cool with a disc less, 1 TB, white sku. I don't mind going all digital this gen, give it to me at $499 with Kinect and I am all in.

MCD

Hahaha love the placement. I'm not into e3 pics or whatever. And I wish I could get hyped but this year might clash with my finals but we will see.

Caayn

I ran into Phil in the office today - he said he was really enjoying reading this thread.

Oh, and the GIFs :)
Watch out before you know it Spencer will require that you use a Spencer-ized avatar, looks like Ford is already helping Spencer with that.

Hi Phil have you read my E3 plan for the Halo reveal yet?
Easy, just have Frank O'Connor drive this thing onto stage while Phill is on the turret and reveals a Halo trilogy anniversary tattoo on his arm for the Xbox One.

And please give us Halo back by making it Halo again(more like the original trilogy) instead of another Reach/Halo 4

iMax

Wow. I just remembered that Rod Fergusson and Joseph Staten are with MS now. They've got a solid team there now.

Yup. The idea that these two legends are overseeing both Halo and Gears of War should make every Xbox fan extremely excited.

Lazarus, wtf...lol

Black Tusk have been in charge of the new Gears of War for all of four months. They're not even out of pre-production yet. I seriously doubt they'll even have a name yet. It'll probably be just Gears of War 4. At most, we'll get a CG trailer and a speech from Rod.

Could I be tossed back on the train? Changed avatars (the Super Time Force avatars are popular!) and I wanted to add some Phil Spencer magic to mine. I just finished playing Bioshock Infinite on the 360 (got it on a great XBLA sale), arguably the best game of the generation for me. Elizabeth is my favorite gaming character now :)

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
That leak is bad as the Sony one. Nothing on it seems that unsurprising except for dates but its far too much for one conference and reads like a fanboy wishlist

FrsDvl

Just got my Xbox today, put me on this train, cause Nintendo's train never delivered last year. won't ride again 1/10.

Wubbys

Also Phil if you're reading this please tell the fine folks at Rare we want Conker's Other Bad Fur Day (With Christopher Seavor attached if possible)

Thank You.

Filaipus

Banned
Edge Magazine has reached the consumer folks. Waiting for someone to scan the magazine and tell us the news :D

@edit

Had no idea that wasn't allowed. O well, so... how do we work this out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom