• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft E3 Media briefing dated - Monday, June 9th at 9:30 AM PDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bgamer90

Banned
Ryse 2 being shown, Lionhead's second project, Samaritan exclusive to Xbox One, games by Rare, Good Science, LXP, and "Platform Next Games", specifics about Platinum's game and titles of the next Gears and Crackdown games are not what I would call safe predictions.

I personally take "being shown" as meaning trailers that will seemingly be nothing more than short cutscenes with the game's logo shown at the end (that is again, if this news is actually true). Multiple game reveals could fit that -- especially the AAA games that won't be coming out anytime soon (e.g.: Gears).

Gears is very safe... we know that it's being worked on. I would honestly be surprised if we didn't see a short obscure trailer with the game's logo. I feel the same for (a new) Crackdown. It has been hinted at too much. An announcement for it wouldn't surprise me at all (even though I would be excited for it). Ryse 2 seems believable to me and would probably be released 2-3 years from now if true so I could also see a quick sneak peek trailer with not much info just for confirmation purposes. I've played Ryse and while it's not a great game, there's definitely a lot of potential for the game to turn into a new "AAA action" series for the Xbox brand. Phil Spencer on his Twitter said that they will show off new studios they are working with and showing them off would obviously have to mean showing off the games that they are working on too. Platnium's game seems all but confirmed at this point so some details about it at E3 wouldn't surprise me.

If you think that's a believable E3 conference schedule, then I doubt you've ever seen E3 pressers before.

This list is promising a huge flood of games oozing from every corner and development studio Microsoft has. That's usually not how it works and what makes me think it's complete tales from someone's ass.

As I said before, the reveals could be nothing more than short obscure 2-3 minute trailers with the game's logo. I don't see how 3-4 of those types of trailers would be hard to fit into a 1.5 hour show. And the list isn't really "a great flood of games". Good number of games yes, but some seemingly won't be coming out until late 2015/early 2016 if true.

Topped off with plenty of third parties with exclusive DLC out the wazoo and it coming from a source that is simply nothing more than a tumblr blog-post, and i'm inclined to bin this rumor the same way I binned the Sony one.

EA, Activision, and Ubisoft giving/showing timed exclusive DLC for Xbox One versions of upcoming games isn't shocking at all. I mean, for the past 4-5 years I think EA and Activision HAS shown or announced timed exclusive DLC during Xbox E3 press conferences. I don't consider that "plenty of third parties"... I mean they are the biggest third parties companies obviously but them together doesn't equal a large number.

Ryse 2 being shown is bullshit. The rest I could believe and would make for an excellent conference.

I thought the same thing. Way to early to show/announce a sequel, and I don't think Crytek has ever had as quick a turnaround as this would be. Unless MS wants to annualize this (which I doubt) I'm fairly confident we won't be seeing this at E3, and that to me is enough to put the entire list in to question.

I think between now and E3 we're going to have to be extra careful about all these leaks and rumors. I recall last year many threads falling victim to "pastbin leaks" which were eventually proven false, and just stirred up uneeded controversy.

Moa

When I look at the general HX1 trailer it's all current day stuff, not one nod to the past at all. If it's not Halo 5 I don't see it being a remake but a new spin off game that still continues the story. That's my speculation any how and I prefer either 5 or a new spin off over H2A.

Remakes have been done to death with Halo maps and HCE, it was a 10 year anniversary time. What they should remake games every 10 years...Nah not for me, that's the quickest way for me to lose interest TBH.

I posted many moons ago how I thought Halo 4's production was done with a smaller team and that production of HX1 has been in the works for quite some time. I believe the next gen speculation that MS were thinking one more year with 360 and had to play a bit of catch up to launch X1 overall but I feel 343i would have been easily working on HX1 for 3 years by now, just a hunch any how.
I know you frequent Team Beyond, so I thought you'd be interested in this.

H2A is happening this year.

Yager

Banned
Last update for tonight.

Train 1:

https://static.squarespace.com/static/51d31cb7e4b0141aacb53a2c/t/536ac8bee4b0f46ed93e38b3/1399507145889/?format=1500w[IMG]

Train 2:

[IMG]https://static.squarespace.com/static/51d31cb7e4b0141aacb53a2c/t/536b00a1e4b0af8b321e9652/1399521448777/?format=1500w[IMG]

Train 3:

[IMG]https://static.squarespace.com/static/51d31cb7e4b0141aacb53a2c/t/536b2ad5e4b029a75390816f/1399532252544/?format=1500w[IMG][/QUOTE]

Can I get a spot on train 3? Choo choooooooo!

p3tran

Banned
oh6RaHV.png

Whoa, new Battletoads? Crackdown Skyline? Third person Perfect Dark? Phantom Dust prequel? RugPuddle?

I want to believe!

I know this list seems too much, but on the other hand, isnt that exactly what we all want as the A' outcome?

Major, how about some help here? ... wink if half of this is true :)

harSon

Banned
oh6RaHV.png

Whoa, new Battletoads? Crackdown Skyline? Third person Perfect Dark? Phantom Dust prequel? RugPuddle?

I want to believe!

It's got more specifics than the Sony leak, and a lot of stuff that's not logical next steps based on what we know, but there's no way this list is real LOL. It'd be the greatest e3 conference of all times, and Microsoft would be smug as fuck leading into e3 if they had anything like this up their sleeves.

I personally take "being shown" as meaning trailers that will seemingly be nothing more than short cutscenes with the game's logo shown at the end (that is again, if this news is actually true). Multiple game reveals could fit that -- especially the AAA games that won't be coming out anytime soon (e.g.: Gears).

Gears is very safe... we know that it's being worked on. I would honestly be surprised if we didn't see a short obscure trailer with the game's logo. I feel the same for (a new) Crackdown. It has been hinted at too much. An announcement for it wouldn't surprise me at all (even though I would be excited for it). Ryse 2 seems believable to me and would probably be released 2-3 years from now if true so I could also see a quick sneak peek trailer with not much info just for confirmation purposes. I've played Ryse and while it's not a great game, there's definitely a lot of potential for the game to turn into a new "AAA action" series for the Xbox brand. Phil Spencer on his Twitter said that they will show off new studios they are working with and showing them off would obviously have to mean showing off the games that they are working on too. Platnium's game seems all but confirmed at this point so some details about it at E3 wouldn't surprise me.

I was talking about the specific details revealed in that rumor, i.e. game titles and so on. You said that the majority of the list was pretty believable, expected and unsurprising. I disagree, there's a lot of reaching there (again, with specific details, but also some completely unconfirmed things, like Rare's games), it contains a fair amount of fancy among the more common sense bits.

Somnia

Sunset Overdrive looks amazing! New video coming out next monday

Video going up today now, they just tweeted they heard us and will get a video out ASAP.

They know that crappy cell cam low res video from game informer leak is hurting more than helping.

Shads

I want to believe!

It kind of feels like someone else wanted to make their own wish list after seeing the Sony one earlier this week. Though this list is a little more detailed I have to admit with codenamed and such, but I'm very skeptical... though it would be absolutely megaton awesome if true just like the Sony list. Multi-console owners will be in a nirvana of games.

Train 3 is filling up reasonably fast, getting me thinking of 4 and beyond...some ideas for future hype train/trolley drivers:

Satya Nadella:
O1ZOQTGl.jpg

IMG Source

Joe Staten (Now with MS game studios, previously of Bungie and Halo fame):
ieiwvFsl.jpg

IMG source

Chris Charla (ID@XBOX head; he should be driving a trolley, idea thanks to JaggedSac):
poSf19zl.jpg

IMG source

Yusuf Mehdi:
LmlPnLZl.jpg

IMG Source

Albert Penello:
qDPuBbBl.jpg

IMG Source

Rod Fergusson (Now with MS game studios, previously of Gears of War fame):
Y200bF9l.jpg

IMG Source

Bonnie Ross (343i):
fZwHRjhl.jpg

IMG source

Frank O'Connor (343i, previously of Bungie fame):
PEylHVZl.jpg

IMG Source

Hats, in case anyone is interested in using them (yea, I'm not the best at photoshop...):
JVBdJ1Rl.jpg

Ba5cxX2l.jpg

Filaipus

Banned
We should put people from Microsoft itself riding the trains.

Nadella maybe could be a good choice, he's quite new but seems to be supporting the games a lot.

Anyone have any guesses on what indies MS will have on stage at their conference?

I feel that along with the AAA games, there will be a few indies shown on stage as well, especially since Sony is likely to have several indies on stage again this year (as they did last year).

My shot in the dark guess is for Playdead studios' next game. Limbo came out summer 2010, almost 4 years ago, and it's known that they're at least working on something. In a recent video interview Phil Spencer teased about a "soulful" game being shown at E3, I wouldn't be surprised if that was it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom