• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft E3 Media briefing dated - Monday, June 9th at 9:30 AM PDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimiNutz

Banned
If that list is real I will buy a second X1 for he bedroom to celebrate.
Shame we won't get anything half as good as that :(

JimiNutz

Banned
I think MS is going hard this E3. last year was very very good and i expect something similar if not better.

No doubt but that list is way too good to be true. Can't think of an E3 presentation that was ever as good as that.
Don't get me wrong, I hope and expect MS to go hard and I will be excited for sure but that list is unbelievable...

Best case scenario someone from MS is reading that and getting ideas for next year etc.

Lucreto

I expect it to be a lot like last year.

Lots of games and a few just trailers where we hear nothing about them until the following E3.

http://kotaku.com/more-signs-that-big-xbox-one-leak-was-real-1573633520

well things are getting interesting now. could this E3 be the best E3 for gaming industries in general?

but rumors are rumors of course..

Yea, ntkrnl's leaks were pretty fun to read about, and it's interesting how much he has been spot on about. I wonder if the Halo 3 and 4 rumors he talked about (War Collection) will come to fruition. I would be pretty pumped for that...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=98909600&postcount=2292
ntkrnl said:
That is the plan.

Let me reiterate some of the Halo stuff, as there is some confusion and I didn't lay all the cards down.

Two versions of H2A.

Collectors Edition with the Beta access, the Halo series (not the Blomkamp one)

War Collection with the above, as well as ports of Halo 3 & 4 for XB1.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=98913587&postcount=2689
ntkrnl said:
Halo 2 HD
Halo 3 Port
Halo 4 Port
Halo 5

In the span of one year.

Don't forget two live action series too!

Oh, and he mentioned the two live action series...was that known before? I know that it was known that there would be a live action series/movie, but was it known there would be two of them?

I know you frequent Team Beyond, so I thought you'd be interested in this.

H2A is happening this year.

So you disagree and link your own post about your own speculation? Why not just post that directly here?

I prefer to derive my speculation from someone who works at 343i...

Stinkles response

I can tell you that his "halo info" contains some red hot fanboy nonsense.

Personally I still don't see H2A, it's a minefield technically and player expectations wise. It's far worse than trying to please matchmaking with playlists and settings even.

I still speculate a new spin off game or Halo 5 or both for this year over H2A. I mean straight up logic points:

1. The tech is way outdated e.g. XBL, clans, P2P, not like CEA for old vs new mode, trueskill, havok physics.
2. Fix or no fix development choices that are a minefield e.g. BXR, superbounce, double shot.
3. Halo Xbox One trailer is all about new story, new art assets and ZERO from the past e.g. new spin off continuing story or Halo 5.
4. The studio resources for Spartan Ops are better suited to migrate to a spin off game or content for Halo 5 than H2A e.g. experience, code, art, cadence adjustment.
5. CEA sold only 2 million, it was a swan song IMO.
6. Come XMAS season what is going to sell more? H2A or a new Halo game with a new campaign and multiplayer with modes akin to Halo 2/3?

Look I'd love H2A myself, Delta Halo, Cairo Station, Regret and a ton of multiplayer maps are still my favs but it just wouldn't have me wanting to play night after night. Now if a new spin off game or H5 has those elements updated for dedis, graphics, maps, player matchmaking toggles...now we're talking and we get a new campaign to boot.

Is Black Tusk working on a new Gears of war? what about the game they kind of teased in the last e3?

They are. I think the other IP they're working on is basically on hold. I see them coming back to it after one (or two?) Gears games. Or maybe if their first gears game is super successful, they'll turn into a 2-game studio, a la Naughty Dog (I would love for that to happen). But that is probably pretty far off as their GoW game is rumored for 2016.

According to Ntkrnl, what they showed at last E3 was codenamed Shangheist.

ntkrnl said:
Black Tusk cancelled project was called "Shangheist." May have involved stealing stuff from the Chinese (though I think that may have been a reference to the name and maybe not the gameplay? Not sure...)

Sydle

Is Black Tusk working on a new Gears of war? what about the game they kind of teased in the last e3?

New Gears of War.

Black Tusk is to Gears of War as 343i is to Halo. In other words, they're a franchise house now.

Wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing more GoW merchandising late next year leading up to the new game's release in 2016. HD trilogy, live action TV mini series, animated shorts, etc.

m23

Oh, and he mentioned the two live action series...was that known before? I know that it was known that there would be a live action series/movie, but was it known there would be two of them?

It wasn't known before he said it, and it was recently confirmed by Microsoft that there are indeed two Halo series in production.

Phil mentioned stuff about having to move things out of the E3 presser and having May stuff.
I suppose the SO reveal+trailer is one of those things.

I was the one who asked the question to Phil about news Pre-E3 and I specifically mentioned "except for Sunset Overdrive"

Steverulez: @XboxP3 how's e3 prep going? Are we likely to get any news pre-e3 except sunset overdrive on Thursday? Can't wait to hear about it

XboxP3: @Steverulez Yea, you'll get a couple of things before. May should be a good month for news. Took me a month to get plans set.

Based on how he's worded it, I would expect there are still 2 things to come this month?

SkareKro

I like how they've already showed off Sunset Overdrive already. Keeps the hype train going leading into E3. Any guesses as to what other stuff they'll show off pre E3?

Whatever happened to ntkrnl anyway?

When they found him, he was probably tortured with copies of Fighter Within until he confessed.

Hes not locked deep in a vault in Phil's office, a prison underneath his green Xbox throne for all of eternity
with Banjo, Joanna Dark and Blinx for company

oh6RaHV.png

Whoa, new Battletoads? Crackdown Skyline? Third person Perfect Dark? Phantom Dust prequel? RugPuddle?

I want to believe!

When was this list originally posted? Sunset Overdrive information is correct, and that was revealed ~20 hours ago

blakep267

you may see Sunset overdrive multiplayer at e3, so it keeps the hype going, but you don't have to show the same thing again.

I also think we'll see Below sometime this month before e3.

i honestly dont know why anyone will give a crap about Halo anymore when Destiny is being made by the guys who made the OG Halo(the one i gave a shit about)

LowerLevel

The list came out before the gameplay reveal, but most people could had taken an educated guess of what kind of game would SO be.

Maybe, but I personally thought it would be more of a 3rd person open-world Borderlands/PSO style game. But I haven't really been fully following it tbh...

The list came out before the gameplay reveal, but most people could had taken an educated guess of what kind of game would SO be.

I definitely didn't see parkour focus initially. And it didn't strike me JSR until the trailer today. And he also called that it would look exactly like the CG trailer, which a lot of people seem to think.

Even the R&C influence wasn't obvious immediately, and it definitely has a lot of that.

Throw me on the train please.

Fotos

i honestly dont know why anyone will give a crap about Halo anymore when Destiny is being made by the guys who made the OG Halo(the one i gave a shit about)

Maybe some people still like Halo...

EDIT: Read over my post realized i went full retard. It's fixed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom