• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Games Showcase Event Today (11am ET / 8am PT / 4pm UK)

Vawn

Banned
Under a hour, my hopes keeps declining....

Did you see the last full Nintendo Direct (which sadly was a LONG time ago)?

You can show a lot of stuff in that time if you remove all the BS. In a lot of ways, I find that more impactful than having each announcement surrounded by a bunch of filler.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Did you see the last full Nintendo Direct (which sadly was a LONG time ago)?

You can show a lot of stuff in that time if you remove all the BS. In a lot of ways, I find that more impactful than having each announcement surrounded by a bunch of filler.
That's true, but it's still Inside Xbox, which sucked everytime. So yeah, maybe just my natural pessimism : )

longdi

Banned
Under an hour is way above my expectations! 🤷‍♀️

I was expecting some short teaser like what they hyped the last time recently

Vawn

Banned
That's true, but it's still Inside Xbox, which sucked everytime. So yeah, maybe just my natural pessimism : )

I take the fact that it is shorter, shows that maybe they're getting better at these videos.

They've had super long Inside Xbox videos that were super long and still had not much to show.

They can get whatever announcements they have in an hour or 3 hours. The difference is the format of the video, not the content they have to show.

iorek21

If they keep the pacing objective, it is possible to showcase 2-3 short demoes and reveal lots of new games

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
If it's 45 mins or more, that's way more than enough time to show some awesome stuff. They've already shown a lot of stuff related to XSX already, so they don't need a long showcase.

Sony can't afford to have their showcase to only be 50 minutes next month.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
if that list of games is true then holy crap Microsoft will obliterate Sony.

Anthem Redux
New Batman
Cyberpunk 2077
Dying Light 2
Diablo IV
Dead Island 2
Elden Ring
Harry Potter RPG

Observer System Redux
Overwatch 2
Resident Evil 8
Skull & Bones
Starfield
Twin Mirror
Tales of Arise
Vampire: The Masquera

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member

Anthem Redux
New Batman
Cyberpunk 2077
Dying Light 2
Diablo IV
Dead Island 2
Elden Ring
Harry Potter RPG

Observer System Redux
Overwatch 2
Resident Evil 8
Skull & Bones
Starfield
Twin Mirror
Tales of Arise

No Assassin’s Creed which is already confirmed to be shown.

NeoGiffer

tenor.gif

Anthem Redux
New Batman
Cyberpunk 2077
Dying Light 2
Diablo IV
Dead Island 2
Elden Ring
Harry Potter RPG

Observer System Redux
Overwatch 2
Resident Evil 8
Skull & Bones
Starfield
Twin Mirror
Tales of Arise

Is Cyberpunk confirmed, or we don't know...yet?

Vawn

Banned

I can't tell if you're joking. But, if not, why would showing XBX/PS5 games obliterate Sony?

I'm excited for this because I want to see games I'll likely play on PS5. It is the next Xbox show (exclusives) where I'll decide if I need an Xbox at launch as well.

Last edited:

mortal

Gold Member
Seems like this is going to feature mostly cross-gen titles. Would do well to keep expectations in check.

Anthem Redux
New Batman
Cyberpunk 2077
Dying Light 2
Diablo IV
Dead Island 2
Elden Ring
Harry Potter RPG

Observer System Redux
Overwatch 2
Resident Evil 8
Skull & Bones
Starfield
Twin Mirror
Tales of Arise
I don't think Cyberpunk is going to be shown here. CDPR already have announced the June 11th "Night City Wire" event.
I also doubt Elden Ring will be sown, but I would love to be wrong.

DeaDPo0L84

Anthem Redux
New Batman
Cyberpunk 2077
Dying Light 2
Diablo IV
Dead Island 2
Elden Ring
Harry Potter RPG

Observer System Redux
Overwatch 2
Resident Evil 8
Skull & Bones
Starfield
Twin Mirror
Tales of Arise

Why? Won't these games be on the PS5 platform or did Xbox get exclusive rights to all these games?

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier

Anthem Redux
New Batman
Cyberpunk 2077
Dying Light 2
Diablo IV
Dead Island 2
Elden Ring
Harry Potter RPG

Observer System Redux
Overwatch 2
Resident Evil 8
Skull & Bones
Starfield
Twin Mirror
Tales of Arise

very smart

cormack12

Gold Member
And they better not waste our time with little indies. Nobody gives af. Show us next gen AAA!

Microsoft have usually been sticking these in sizzle reels lately. There's room to show off indies, especially stuff like everspace 2. This is an example of a sizzle reel but for bigger titles

Is Cyberpunk confirmed, or we don't know...yet?

Just speculation, but greenberg did respond to tweet asking with a Keanu gif so 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
Microsoft have usually been sticking these in sizzle reels lately. There's room to show off indies, especially stuff like everspace 2. This is an example of a sizzle reel but for bigger titles

Just speculation, but greenberg did respond to tweet asking with a Keanu gif so 🤷‍♀️

. Dbl post

Last edited:

VAL0R

Banned

Anthem Redux
New Batman
Cyberpunk 2077
Dying Light 2
Diablo IV
Dead Island 2
Elden Ring
Harry Potter RPG

Observer System Redux
Overwatch 2
Resident Evil 8
Skull & Bones
Starfield
Twin Mirror
Tales of Arise
I think Phil said the games have not been shown at other Xbox events. So that eliminates Cyberpunk for sure.

whyman

I was going PS5 over series x but after Last of Us going all SJW I no longer want to buy products from Sony. Hope MS has better messaging!

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
And they better not waste our time with little indies. Nobody gives af. Show us next gen AAA!
I give a fuck. I could care less about the next Call of Duty, Battlefield, AC, Watch Dogs, ... Give me new IP or get lost. And new IP is something you can find mostly at indies.

Solarstrike

Fuk yeah i'm so ready for this. It's about time just ram it into my brain. Fuk you Corona COVID-19 sonofabithc social distancing quarantine my asshol. Nothing will ever defeat video games you can get rektd fck you dirty devil. Give me them flops. All i dream about are flops. Flops for breakfast, dinner, lunch, second breakfast. Fuk COVID-19 right back to hell. Praise Lord Spencer

Gamernyc78

Banned
My super hope is that we see some elden ring game play, that would make my day!!! I couod care less about AC, you see one you seen them all. Not saying thy aren't beautiful ganes with different historical stories but I already know what to expect.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Why? Won't these games be on the PS5 platform or did Xbox get exclusive rights to all these games?

of course they will but they don't need to be exclusives, do they?

i know these games likely/probably won't be shown but i still stand by my comment. IF ms were to show these they'd obliterate sony who are doing what? twiddling their thumbs up their ass about right now. we've got a logo + a controller from them. oh well done sony! and btw before anyone calls me a MS fanboi i actually don't own an Xbox but a Playstation :) and likely will be buying a PS5.

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

Elden Ring

tenor.gif
It's quite possible. As of mid last year, there was "info" of MS having a marketing deal for Elden Ring. But since the game got internally delayed I don't know what happened to that deal, I don't know if those deals have dates to expire and also if the deal would cause conflict with the "rumor" that Sony offered Japan Studio staff to FROM to help with the PS5 port/upgrade.

MCplayer

Random shittweet too for the hyyyyype

none of that sounds good to me :\

I want some racing, third person action like splinter cell, diferent games like mirrors edge, Im super tired of past games with swords, apocaliptic etc, I want modern or futuristic thats my jam, cyberpunk doesnt really gets my attention being first person. New batman might be interesting, anthem meh...

Last edited:
I give a fuck. I could care less about the next Call of Duty, Battlefield, AC, Watch Dogs, ... Give me new IP or get lost. And new IP is something you can find mostly at indies.

Lolol! I mean there is a time and place for indie. The very first next gen reveal is not the place. And I'm all for new IP. But I'd rather see AAA new IP that can actually show off the power. I just hate when they pad time with tiny indie games. I just want a solid hour of straight big games that will get people to spring for a new console.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Excited to see what Microsoft has to bring. The only game I'm hyped about atm from Microsoft is Halo Infinite though.

Top Bottom