• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft HoloLens Project Designer Killed in Drunk Driving Hit-and-Run

Fhtagn

One of my best friends, a roommate from my college days, someone I've known for 2 decades now, is an interaction designer on this project, so this thread title gave me a tiny panic attack. Thankfully, for me, it's not him. But still so very very awful.

RIP. That people still drive drunk after decades of effort to prevent it is so horrifying.

bms2993

Banned
Thoughts and Prayers to his family, friends and colleagues.

Also, if you drive drunk you are absolutely the worst person and deserve to be thrown in jail. No 1,000 dollar find and points on your license. JAIL.

Seriously FUCK DRUNK DRIVERS.They don't need to be allowed to be in our civilization. Lock them away and throw away the key.

wildfire

Banned
I hope his family is doing alright. If he had dependents I hope all of his affairs to take care of them have been finalized before this tragedy.

RIP

And he was only 30, that's really young to already be working as a lead on such a big project at MS. Really awful news. Drunk driving too, that just makes me upset.

xzeldax3

Fuck drunk drivers. What a terrible and pointless accident. I'm glad the guy was caught and my thoughts go out to the family of the deceased.

Varjis

RIP

I honestly will never understand why the US doesn't have insanely strict laws regarding drinking and driving. I feel if you were ever caught driving under the influence you lose the "privilege" of driving a motor vehicle for at least 5 years. After that if you are caught again, banned for life.

And this is from someone who got pulled over (Tag had expired the day before, oops!) and had an officer convinced I had been drinking because the thimble sized amount of wine I tasted at a Whole Foods 2 hours before was strong on my breath. (A sobriety test and his commanding officer also showing up, small towns being what they are, and realizing I was fine so he let me go) I was so infuriated at the experience I couldn't believe how stupid the officer was...

Yet every time I see a story like this, I'm reminded that however much I was inconvenienced, the officer was still doing his job and trying to make sure something horrible didn't happen.

Compsiox

Banned
Drunk driving has been around forever. How come nothing is really being done to PREVENT? Not just punish.

If you went to jail for 10 days + the current punishments for being pulled over while drunk less people would drive drunk or drink when they know they will have to drive at some point.

If you kill someone while drunk driving, your entire life in prison and therapy/help groups. If you complete your 20 years of therapy/help without a problem you get released.

NOW that would be ideal.

HardRojo

Terrible news, he was only 30 too. People don't understand it's not only their lives at stake when they, out of stupidity, decide to drive after drinking,

Drunk driving has been around forever. How come nothing is really being done to PREVENT? Not just punish.

If you went to jail for 10 days + the current punishments for being pulled over while drunk less people would drive drunk or drink when they know they will have to drive at some point.

If you kill someone while drunk driving, your entire life in prison and therapy/help groups. If you complete your 20 years of therapy/help without a problem you get released.

NOW that would be ideal.

Sadly can't really do much to prevent it beyond posting cops outside every bar every night to administer tests to everyone who leaves. And even then, people drink at home.

I dunno.

Sad sad stuff.

RIP

Alcohol is the worst drug out there. Straight Edge for Life.

Meth says hello. Not to turn this into a thing...

Top Bottom