• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Is So Sorry About How It's Treated Xbox One Fans So Far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox Mulder

Doesn't mean jack, he still did it for money. The guy was greedy. On that show he was featured on in the 80's, he started boasting about already buying a sports car.

lol, being successful is greedy now?

Buying a sports car must be cool, especially if your company that you built in your teens created a notable racing franchise like Test Drive.

Mattrick has gaming cred, more than anyone else they still have there, but the internet hated him because of kinect and he comes off like a goofy asshole.

Bedlam

Too soon, MS. It's complicated. Give it time....

Maybe I'll buy your box in 3 years or so at a reduced price. That way I might not feel like I am paying for gimmicks that I don't want.

I don't even see this tour as an apology. An apology is when you actually flat out apologize. When you try to spin what you do into positives that make it sound like you weren't really wrong, you aren't apologizing.

That's what liars do.

Red Mage

That's fine and all but now they have to spend a whole gen proving it. Everyone saw what they tried to pull, so instead of just bringing their already established fans on-board to the new gen, they have to win them back and hope to win over some new ones. Going to be tough.

It's funny, many say "the casuals will never even know about their old policies, it won't matter in the long run" but i think a lot of 360 gamers will know, and will remember.

From my personal experience (which isn't scientific at all) many of the casuals know of the original policies, but not the 180.

Yo baby come back you know I never meant to hit you, you know I'd never hurt you baby. You just made me a little mad. But you're right. Just come back to me, I'll make it up to you. I love you.

Love,
Microsoft

Pretty much what I was thinking.

I've never had issue with MS in the industry, but I no longer trust them to not try to pull the same stunt down the road.

SeanR1221

Yo baby come back you know I never meant to hit you, you know I'd never hurt you baby. You just made me a little mad. But you're right. Just come back to me, I'll make it up to you. I love you.

Love,
Microsoft

I'm sorry, but I fucking hate when MS' 180 gets compared to domestic abuse. Not only is it disgusting, but it's completely unnecessary.

FINALBOSS

Banned
From my personal experience (which isn't scientific at all) many of the casuals know of the original policies, but not the 180.

Pretty much what I was thinking.

I've never had issue with MS in the industry, but I no longer trust them to not try to pull the same stunt down the road.

That's why the first impression is so big--especially when it was at E3. All the major news outlets reported on it. A large portion of the uninformed still have no idea MS 180ed on a lot of that stuff. Although it won't really matter come November when they see the prices anyways.

Iacobellis

Because PS4 is assuredly going to get the rest of Europe and Asia. Pretty much right now the US and UK are enough for 360 to keep up with the worldwide sales of the PS3. Imagine if PS4 gained ground in either region.

He doesn't have to imagine. Just look at the PS2.

Flatline

Banned
picarddrawstheline6css6.gif

OK, I'm laughing my ass off here, did you make this?

todd44890

Banned
Bring on the games microsoft. Thank you. While people are wasting their energy bashing you, I will be enjoying your games.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
I was referring to this image. Someone said this image is lying, but I'm having trouble seeing what's false about it

If you're referring to Major Nelson's interview, that's a separate discussion.

Signing on to any Xbox and having instant access to your DL's is a joke.

Yeah, you can DL them some more, but then you get to wait 2 hours. That's not instant by any means.

I hope they start revealing some games.

They have announced jack shit for it since E3 where as Sony has been rolling stuff out on a near weekly basis.

The smaller downloadable games scene for the X1 is near non existent.

Microsoft wants to apologize?

Here's a good frame of reference to start from.

http://msnbcmedia2.msn.com/j/ap/japan%20sony%20playstation-1206757491_v2.grid-5x2.jpg[IMG]
[URL="http://youtu.be/62FBv1e96qY?t=5m54s"]And, Jack Tretton at E3 2011 publically apologizing.[/URL][/QUOTE]

I forgot how good that Trenton speech was. They handled that well.

Nokterian

Even after this all apology stuff i still don't trust them the slightest. I am just done with Microsoft in terms of there console. I mean there is more behind a paywall then people can think off even when it should be free like on PC. If they would ever knock off 100 euro's and even lose kinect then i will consider it but for now no just no. Even after a few months how they have changed yeah well i guess it is a nice cover up i think.

For now i will stick with my PC like i always do and next year i will buy a console and i all ready made up my mind that is going to be a PS4. Not only is it cheaper but also more powerful and a lot of my friends are buying it also. Exclusives or not i am getting what is right for my wallet.

Signing on to any Xbox and having instant access to your DL's is a joke.

Yeah, you can DL them some more, but then you get to wait 2 hours. That's not instant by any means.

You can start playing while the game is downloading or that is the plan for it anyway. Probably something similar to WoW where you can download and start playing while the game keep downloading.

Also by instant access, I am sure they are talking about when sign into your profile and your entire library is available under your profile and you can find and download the content you want. Currently, when you sign into your none primary console you either have to go find the game you have in the library in Marketplace and download them or go to your download history and scroll through pages and pages of all the crap you downloaded.

I am glad they are waking up now and realize what a wrong direction they were taken with the Xbox. They dismantled the entire community grass root support and all the community projects and now they are paying the price. There is no one left to help champion their cause and evangelize their system and sending out the message so they are left with the disjointed, confusing and contradicting messages about Xbox One.

rothbart

I really dislike how they're trying to sell "no longer fucking you" as a selling point.

If their console is so amazing and has differentiating factors over a cheaper system, you'd think they'd opt to mention AT LEAST ONE in their infographic, wouldn't you?

Otherwise, people should feel even better about buying after making a "PS4 is $100 cheaper..." decision.

TheContact

GameStop trains people? Tell that to the girl who asked if I wanted Tales of Xillia on the "Vista"

*hint: the game isn't even for the Vita

On the other hand, MS really dropped the ball with their marketing

I hope they start revealing some games.

They have announced jack shit for it since E3 where as Sony has been rolling stuff out on a near weekly basis.

Yes, but once again to be totally fair to MS, they annoinced a LOT of stuff at E3.

Way more than Sony! So its understandable if we don't hear anything else for a while.

ms has treated me like a princess. theyre buttering me up with all their recent changes. cant wait to play ki and forza. oh they added a free headseat.. how cool is that?! xbox on!

Zephyrus

Banned
Can I laugh at microsoft?

Is it allowed in here?

But like really laugh. Coming deep from my very being while looking at them with pity and disgust at the same time?

Am I allowed?

Iacobellis

It makes you wonder... If Microsoft cut general exclusive support on 360 so early to pave way for the Xbox One, why do games like Ryse and Dead Rising 3 play like absolute shit?

hwy_61

Banned
It makes you wonder... If Microsoft cut general exclusive support on 360 so early to pave way for the Xbox One, why do games like Ryse and Dead Rising 3 play like absolute shit?

Did you play them?

EDIT: I only ask because of the recent PAX demo of Dead Rising. It actually ran pretty damned smooth.

I don't know about Ryse but Dead Rising has looked way better in the recent videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom