• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft may be trying to bring NIS America games To the Xbox Platform

Chukhopops

I can believe that, they already brought most of the Spike Chunsoft games. It’s easier to get in smaller devs with GP deals and it would solve one of the perceived weaknesses of MS.

jhjfss

Angry Good Night GIF

Kagey K

Banned
Psikyo shmups starting popping up in the Xbox store too - with more on the way.
Cave's Deathsmiles earlier in the year.
All good steps forward.

I hope the console can at least get somewhat close to xb360 levels of japanese stuff.
I think they are already doing better than the 360 as far as Japanese support goes, and if they can continue to claw marketshare it's going to be hard for Japanese devs to ignore them.

Especially since Japan isn't really buying consoles anymore.

anthony2690

Banned
All good steps forward.

I hope the console can at least get somewhat close to xb360 levels of japanese stuff.
Can't wait for the gunbird games and hopefully the upcoming akai katana remake :)

All good steps forward.

It gone to be really hard to beat 360 days for me as 360 has Lost Odyssey as a 1st party game
But i have a feeling they will buy a Japanese developer/publisher after the Activision deal is done

Last edited:

Naked Lunch

I think they are already doing better than the 360 as far as Japanese support goes, and if they can continue to claw marketshare it's going to be hard for Japanese devs to ignore them.

Especially since Japan isn't really buying consoles anymore.
hmmm...you think so? Im not so sure - yet at least.
PS4/Switch still gets tons of Japanese stuff that never shows up on Xbox. I mainly follow the shmup releases.

There were segments of the PS360 gen the 360 got everything and ended up with the better versions on top of it. My Japanese 360 shumps are some of the prizes of my collection - but even those have almost all popped up on switch in recent years.

Regardless - things are moving in the right direction for Japanese xbox stuff.
Night and day from the XB1 era.

Kagey K

Banned
hmmm...you think so? Im not so sure - yet at least.
PS4/Switch still gets tons of Japanese stuff that never shows up on Xbox. I mainly follow the shmup releases.

There were segments of the PS360 gen the 360 got everything and ended up with the better versions on top of it. My Japanese 360 shumps are some of the prizes of my collection - but even those have almost all popped up on switch in recent years.

Regardless - things are moving in the right direction for Japanese xbox stuff.
Night and day from the XB1 era.
I will admit shmups are a bit of a blindspot for me.

I don't like or get the genre and i played (1942) a lot. So I may have overlooked those.

It seems like they are getting more support in almost everything else though.

Naked Lunch

Would be wild to see more of the Ys series on Xbox.
I think only Ys origins ever made it.

I don't like or get the genre and i played (1942) a lot. So I may have overlooked those.
If you liked 1942, give 19XX or 1942 Loop Master both from Capcom Arcade Stadium, Strikers 1945 II, or Battle Garegga a shot.
All WWII themed, all time great shmups - basically modern updates to the OG 1942.

anthony2690

Banned
Would be wild to see more of the Ys series on Xbox.
I think only Ys origins ever made it.

If you liked 1942, give 19XX or 1942 Loop Master both from Capcom Arcade Stadium, Strikers 1945 II, or Battle Garegga a shot.
All WWII themed, all time great shmups - basically modern updates to the OG 1942.
Capcom Arcade Stadium highlights for me personally are:
Progear
Gigawing
Varth

Honestly worth the price admission for them 3 games alone & even crazier you can get the games separately for £1.69 a piece :)

Naked Lunch

Capcom Arcade Stadium highlights for me personally are:
Progear
Gigawing
Varth

Honestly worth the price admission for them 3 games alone & even crazier you can get the games separately for £1.69 a piece :)
Oh absolutely I love Capcom Stadium - the full package. Progear all day, every day.
Kagey K Kagey K was saying the only shmup he ever liked was the ol 1942 - so I was trying to think of new(er) shmups that are the spiritual, and in some cases direct (19XX), successors to '42.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
Oh absolutely I love Capcom Stadium - the full package. Progear all day, every day.
Kagey K Kagey K was saying the only shmup he ever liked was the ol 1942 - so I was trying to think of new(er) shmups that are the spiritual, and in some cases direct (19XX), successors to '42.
Quite a few of them 194x games on the collection, personally never liked 1942 myself, always felt so dated, I can imagine for it's time it was great though.

I commend their efforts to expand the XBOX Japanese portfolio, but I really doubt most XBOX owners will even bat an eyelid with their games and offerings for the obvious reasons.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Disgaea 6 is 70 euro’s on PC
The steam forum is just 1 giant collection of people complaining like hell about the pricing

Top Bottom