• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft is reportedly considering bringing Gears of War to PlayStation

Jigsaah

Gold Member
So did Grubb say anything about day and date, or is this coming like months or years after release?

Also is Playstation getting Gamepass?

Last edited:

Draugoth

Gold Member
I think wherever Microsoft decides to port everything depends on how much it would sell on PlayStation.

We might be seeing the end of console wars. I wouldnt be surprised if Sony ports God of War to Xbox in 6 years or so since Jim Ryan decided to follow Xbox steps aith relaesing titles to OC and having PS Plus Catalog.

Mr.Phoenix

Starfield? Hi-Fi Rush? Gears?

Jesus de Christo. I'm part of the problem I guess, I play all my Xbox games on PC.

What is causing this?
People like you apparently....

If you ask me, every executive who makes decisions for Xbxo should be fired. How could couch analysts like some of us have seen the writing on the wall the second gamepass was announced and MS didn't see it?

Gamepass (especially it being on PC) with the whole day 1 release nonsense was always unsustainable. And would always have done more harm than good. A LOT of us said it, and this whole thing happening now is literal proof of it.

Best deal in gaming? Well hope you guys are happy, when a deal seems too good to be true... it usually is.

Last edited:
So did Grubb say anything about day and date, or is this coming like months or years after release?

He probably doesn't even know himself. Microsoft/Xbox will make an announcement I'd imagine in the next week maybe less to lay it out completely.

200.gif

When it rains it fucking pours for team green

If you ask me, every executive who makes decisions for Xbxo should be fired. How could couch analysts like some of us had seen the writing on the wall the second gamepass was announced and MS didn't see it?

Gamepass (especially it being on PC) with the whole day 1 release nonsense was always unsustainable. And would always have done more harm than good. A LOTR of us said it, and this whole thing happening now is literal proof of it.

Best deal in gaming? Well hope you guys are happy, when a deal seems to good to be true... it usually is.
You may have a point if they were shutting down Gamepass but that doesn't sound like that's happening, so I'd not jump on your high horse just yet love 😅

Mr.Phoenix

I think wherever Microsoft decides to port everything depends on how much it would sell on PlayStation.

We might be seeing the end of console wars. I wouldnt be surprised if Sony ports God of War to Xbox in 6 years or so since Jim Ryan decided to follow Xbox steps aith relaesing titles to OC and having PS Plus Catalog.
Not gonna happen. Couple of things...

1. You think Sony is stupid? if anyone ever needed proof as to why to not release on day one on PC, they just need to look at Xbox. Sony will maintain what they have been doing for the last 4 years. Bring games to PC "eventually", and release their online-focused games on both console and PC simultaneously.

2. You need to ask yourself if there would even be an Xbox in 6 years.

Mr.Phoenix

Where are our Xbox faithful on here, they all seem to be quiet. Would have loved to get their take on these developments.

Now I almost want this whole thing to be all false just to see them come out in force then.

Schmendrick

So are we on some influencer bandwagon where everyone will just copy paste everyone elses entirely fabricated nonsense or are we really experiencing Microsoft officially waving the final fren--- white flag right now?

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member

If you ask me, every executive who makes decisions for Xbxo should be fired. How could couch analysts like some of us had seen the writing on the wall the second gamepass was announced and MS didn't see it?

Gamepass (especially it being on PC) with the whole day 1 release nonsense was always unsustainable. And would always have done more harm than good. A LOTR of us said it, and this whole thing happening now is literal proof of it.

Best deal in gaming? Well hope you guys are happy, when a deal seems to good to be true... it usually is.
I mean, to be clear. I don't really care. However, for a lotta folks this has to be very disappointing. I mean but how can you blame the PC folks. The games play better on PC. I spent 1700 dollars on a 4090 NOT to play everything on it? Yea sure buddy. I'd do the same for PS5 games....I mean it's the main reason I haven't gotten one yet. Also the reason I'm waiting on the Pro. Performance man. I will be buying HFW on PC when it comes out. Should GOW: Ragnarok and FFXVI come to PC I'm buying them there too, even if I have a Pro. For me getting a Pro only means I also have to buy a new TV to really get the most out of console games...I'm willing to do that...at the end of the year but it still wouldn't change where I play most my games. Steam library is too strong.

Gamepass I always looked at like a loss leader. Not sustainable but was never really meant to be one, at least initially. I think they just ran out of time and the ABK deal kinda pushed things over the edge. It was a good try. I enjoy the games I discover on the service and as long as they continue to offer games that I would not otherwise buy for myself...I'll keep the service.

KaiserBecks

Where are the people who usually call this guy a shill with no credibility? Guess they are busy pre ordering already.

XXL

He is also saying the aren't going to discuss this until the END of February.

I don't think they make it that long.

Only way that happens is if MS creates a GamePass first party tier only. Which would also mean native versions for PS5, which would mean they could be sold individually on PS5 as well.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Nothing has been said about this.

But Call of Duty might NOT be coming to GamePass.
I don't think it should. That's just a bad move. They should do the thing EA does. Yearly games like this, you can't just drop every one on Gamepass day one. Get the older ones on there, release new ones a year after.

XXL

I don't think it should. That's just a bad move. They should do the thing EA does. Yearly games like this, you can't just drop every one on Gamepass day one. Get the older ones on there, release new ones a year after.
100% agree. I always found it far fetched.

For note, after the Bethesda acquisition it took a few days for over 20 games to come to GamePass. To this day no ABK games are one GamePass.

Last edited:

RespawnX

I know the metaphor is overplayed but how much smoke do you need to see before realizing there must be an actual fire? Or do you need to be completely engulfed in flames yourself before you finally see it?
You mean spreading rumors and fan boy wars is something worthwhile? Just trying to follow some disuccions but it's getting ridiculous between all the threads rumor popping up. Who the fuck cares if MS goes multiplat? If they want to make more money and this is their best option, why not? The only ones who lose are the console gamers. Less competition has never been good for business, in any economic scenario. It can only go downhill from this point. I'll stick with PC anyway.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Only way that happens is if MS creates a GamePass first party tier only.
Yea I don't really see that making much sense for them. Microsoft's first party needs some help. All these studios, but the output is very similar to prior years. We get maybe one or two big games a year. I feel like that could change in a few years, but by that time, we are into a new generation. The way things are looking, Microsoft has got to play the console race again? From scratch? I don't see how that happens.

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
The longer it goes on, the more PS gamers talk about Xbox games. Not a stretch really.
I don't think PS gamers talking is as big a deal as people being told to not get an Xbox in the future because the other platform may be getting its games. The Xbox faithful are already there. No way is this a winning strat.

Last edited:

Mr.Phoenix

I mean, to be clear. I don't really care. However, for a lotta folks this has to be very disappointing. I mean but how can you blame the PC folks. The games play better on PC. I spent 1700 dollars on a 4090 NOT to play everything on it? Yea sure buddy. I'd do the same for PS5 games....I mean it's the main reason I haven't gotten one yet. Also the reason I'm waiting on the Pro. Performance man. I will be buying HFW on PC when it comes out. Should GOW: Ragnarok and FFXVI come to PC I'm buying them there too, even if I have a Pro. For me getting a Pro only means I also have to buy a new TV to really get the most out of console games...I'm willing to do that...at the end of the year but it still wouldn't change where I play most my games. Steam library is too strong.

Gamepass I always looked at like a loss leader. Not sustainable but was never really meant to be one, at least initially. I think they just ran out of time and the ABK deal kinda pushed things over the edge. It was a good try. I enjoy the games I discover on the service and as long as they continue to offer games that I would not otherwise buy for myself...I'll keep the service.
Dont get me wrong... I am just like you. I play Xbox games on PC. But even worse, I sub to gamepass for like two months in a year and play everything that Xbox has to offer.

The only difference is that I own a PS5. And I don't particularly like gaming on PC. But I don't hate PC gaming enough to justify buying an Xbox to play games that I can also play on the PC for as little as $15/month. For the at most 3 months in a year I would pay for that.

For me it was simple, MS didn't just not give me any reason to own an Xbox, they literally gave me reasons to not own one.

Papa_Wisdom

Where are our Xbox faithful on here, they all seem to be quiet. Would have loved to get their take on these developments.

Now I almost want this whole thing to be all false just to see them come out in force then.
Im more of an Xbox guy and I’m still totally fine with it.

It’s dropping hardware or physical media is where I start to bow out.

Top Bottom