• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Preps “Surprises” to Steal Attention from PlayStation 3

rubso

Banned
“I don’t want to reveal any plans at the moment because we want to keep a number of surprises up our sleeve. We will ensure we are good value and we’ll do that through having a variety of pricing on games, a variety of pricing on console offers,” said Richard Teversham, a marketing manager for Xbox Europe, in an interview with MCV UK publication.
link

klee123

sp0rsk said:
hey microsoft i think your secrets already out of the bag...

QFT

Unless Sony really has nothing to show, I expect Sony to reveal practically everything during TGS. A HD DVD drive or a few new games from MS wouldn't do much overall in my opinion.

Doom_Bringer said:
whats the secret??!1

screen1rx6.jpg

:lol

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Wollan said:
At this TGS, Sony will have the E3 they we're supposed to have. The gloves are off Microsoft.

I wouldn't put too much faith into that. :/

Wollan

Oh, I expect some juicy announcements. I think the lady at KFC tried to tell me something the other day. It's the calm before the storm.

mckmas8808 said:
I wouldn't put too much faith into that. :/

They cancelled the PS meeting and they need to hype the system if they want it to sell...the only place they can do that is TGS. But before the PS2 launch they held a special even to show off ps2 playable demos and whatnot, it was received well so they might do it again.

There is too much negativity surrounding the PS3 at the moment, it needs hype 10X

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Why dont these companies ever pull really cool/evil supprises.

We just sank the tanker with the first shipment of PS3s on!

SUPPRISE!

Even water damaged they are more expensive than a 360!

SUPPRISE!

Wollan said:
Oh, I expect some juicy announcements. I think the lady at KFC tried to tell me something the other day. It's the calm before the storm.

Those KFC ladies are in the know. Popeye's is shit for info. GO KFC!!! :lol

Wulfer

You guys didn't think Microsoft's internal developers have been quiet for nothing lately, did you? I'm expecting quite a few surprises from Xbox 360 all starting with announcements on Xbox Live because things surprisingly just show up there. This could be for shock value alone and then it gets blasted all over the internet like wildfire. Well, that's one way to cut costs and get free advertisment!

bud

nitendo is a no-show at tgs at amirite?

microsoft at tgs?:lol :lol
because japanese peoples don't like eksuboksu

that only leaves sonyand the ps3.

they better deliver

Proelite

WULFER said:
You guys didn't think Microsoft's internal developers have been quiet for nothing lately, did you? I'm expecting quite a few surprises from Xbox 360 all starting with announcements on Xbox Live all because things surprisingly just show up there. This could be for shock value alone and then it gets blasted all over the internet like wildfire. Well, that's one way to cut costs and get free advertisment!

x06 is probably where they fire all their guns. Btw, isn't the GOW announcement this week!:lol

Ponn

Banned
Ghost said:
Why dont these companies ever pull really cool/evil supprises.

We just sank the tanker with the first shipment of PS3s on!

SUPPRISE!

Even water damaged they are more expensive than a 360!

SUPPRISE!

:lol I can see it now, taking the console wars to a whole new level

NEWS AT 11

This just in. A man who goes by "Major Nelson" on his own website stole a small yacht today taking it out to sea and crashing it into a freight ship carrying the first wave of Playstation 3's to the United States. Grossly underestimating the size difference the smaller yacht actually just hit and dented the freighter then upturned and flipped over as the freighter just kept on going. The Coast Guard saved a knocked out "Major Nelson" who briefly woke up but could only be heard saying "For you Allard...For you".

bud

Kung Fu Jedi said:
How is Sony going to have the E3 they should have a TGS? Are they going to announce a price cut before the system ships? :lol

no

i think the answer you're looking for is a phenomenon called ''video games''

Bud said:
no

i think the answer you're looking for is a phenomenon called ''video games''

Viddy-o? Games? What is this non-sense you speak of? I thought the PS3 was all about pre-rendered movies, Blu-Ray movies, and downloadable movies.

Beowolf said:
a surprise would be some good 360 games.

No doubt. I'm so tired of having Oblivion, GRAW, Chromehounds, Battle For Middle Earth, COD2, PGR3, NCAA Football, Fight Night 3, and those lousy arcade games to play.

Karg

Kung Fu Jedi said:
No doubt. I'm so tired of having Oblivion, GRAW, Chromehounds, Battle For Middle Earth, COD2, PGR3, NCAA Football, Fight Night 3, and those lousy arcade games to play.

Seriously...that list of games sucks. Hard. :lol

Beowolf

Banned
Kung Fu Jedi said:

Well I have Oblivion on my PC as well as COD2 Battle for Middle earth, PGR3 was returned months ago. Fight night 3 is ok and I would rather play BF2 and counterstrike than to play GRAW.

Like I said, the suprise would be some GOOD games.

And chromehounds sucks ass. Returned the next day.

Furoba

Kung Fu Jedi said:

Aside Chromehounds there's nothing to my liking right now. Xbox had a killer catalogue, I don't see those kinds of games on 360.

Some actual interesting games would be nice. :D

Top Bottom