• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Preps “Surprises” to Steal Attention from PlayStation 3

Am I the only one who hopes Microsoft has an ultra-secret Rare game up its sleeve, and will unveil it only a few months before launch, in the same way Nintendo did it in the past with Diddy Kong Racing?

Furoba

AtomicShroom said:
Am I the only one who hopes Microsoft has an ultra-secret Rare game up its sleeve, and will unveil it only a few months before launch, in the same way Nintendo did it in the past with Diddy Kong Racing?

And delay it 4 years? :D

Beowolf

Banned
Christopher said:
Machines that don't break?

18.gif

of course they've got some stuff up their sleeve. they'd be stupid if they didn't. sony no doubt still have things up their sleeve, and as far as the japanese market goes, don't forget that Nintendo haven't really shown off games tailored for that market on the Wii yet.

i mean, sony are unlikely to debut real time Killzone in real time at TGS, but they could pull out a DMC4 or similar third party title and cause a few waves.

Beowolf said:
Well I have Oblivion on my PC as well as COD2 Battle for Middle earth, PGR3 was returned months ago. Fight night 3 is ok and I would rather play BF2 and counterstrike than to play GRAW.

Like I said, the suprise would be some GOOD games.

And chromehounds sucks ass. Returned the next day.

I appreciate that you have those on your PC, but to say there aren't any good games because you have them on your PC is just wrong. Obviously you thought enough of Oblivion, COD2, and BFME to buy them for the PC. They'll be good games on the 360 as well.

As for PGR3 being returned months ago, that's fine too, but that isn't indicative of the quality of the title. I'm not a huge fan of Fight Night 3 either, but it is still a very good game that a lot of others enjoy quite a bit. Because I don't get into as much as others, doesn't mean I don't recognize it as a good title.

You don't enjoy playing GRAW as much as BF2 (which is also available on the 360 btw) or Counterstrike, so it's not a good game? Might not be your cup of tea, but it's still an amazing game that is a blast to play.

All the games that I listed are GOOD games. Because you've already played them or they don't necessarily appeal directly to you, doesn't mean that they aren't good.

Case in point. Chromehounds. Awesome game. If you returned it after one day, than you totally missed the point. Single Player is average, but multiplayer is off the charts. Everything improves dramatically, and you only have to look around at the opinions on this board to realize how good a game it really is. But, because it doesn't appeal to you, it must not be good right?

An exmple from my own point of view. RockStar Table Tennis. Hold no appeal to me. Isn't something I'd ever buy, and it's just not something that I "get" as game. Yet, every indication is that it's a very good game. I've had a number of friends recommend it to me very highly, and the reviews all say the same. The fact that it doesn't appeal to me, in no way makes it crappy game.

Furoba said:
And delay it 4 years? :D

Hah no. I'm talking about a game that's already almost done but that they have never talked about. Like Diddy Kong Racing. That game came out of absolutely nowhere and shipped in the few next months after it was unveiled. Would be awesome if MS did the same.

Furoba

AtomicShroom said:
Hah no. I'm talking about a game that's already almost done but that they have never talked about. Like Diddy Kong Racing. That game came out of absolutely nowhere and shipped in the few next months after it was unveiled. Would be awesome if MS did the same.

Something like a +AAA Banjo-Kazooie/Conker title this winter would be nice, but it is Rare we're talking about...

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
GOOD 360 games that are NOT ports.

here here, everytime i don't have fun with the X360 my cock shrivels an inch.
I now have a big inversion that reaches all the way out the back of my head :(

Furoba said:
Something like a +AAA Banjo-Kazooie/Conker title this winter would be nice, but it is Rare we're talking about...

Well they did it with DKR. They can do it again. The team behind StarFox Adventures hasn't made a single game ever since. It's been 4 years. Surely they have something about ready by now.

Beowolf

Banned
So I guess I have to rave and say the the 360 is the greatest console ever?

lol, yea right.

Bottomline, 360 still does not have a AAA OMG must have game for its system yet.

You can insult me, post your lame pictures, but you wont be able to show an AAA title.

Proelite

Crimson Skies the next gen sequel.

Squad based air combat. 64 players multiplayer. Customizable planes ala chromehounds. Persistent online war in the world of Crimsonverse ala Chromehounds. Every squad has a customizable zepplin. 60 fps. Ground warfare. 720p. 4xAA. 4 player co-op. Procedural worlds. Thousands of planes on screen. Epic sp not ala chromehounds.

BELIEVE!:lol

Kung Fu Jedi said:
I appreciate that you have those on your PC, but to say there aren't any good games because you have them on your PC is just wrong. Obviously you thought enough of Oblivion, COD2, and BFME to buy them for the PC. They'll be good games on the 360 as well.

As for PGR3 being returned months ago, that's fine too, but that isn't indicative of the quality of the title. I'm not a huge fan of Fight Night 3 either, but it is still a very good game that a lot of others enjoy quite a bit. Because I don't get into as much as others, doesn't mean I don't recognize it as a good title.

You don't enjoy playing GRAW as much as BF2 (which is also available on the 360 btw) or Counterstrike, so it's not a good game? Might not be your cup of tea, but it's still an amazing game that is a blast to play.

All the games that I listed are GOOD games. Because you've already played them or they don't necessarily appeal directly to you, doesn't mean that they aren't good.

Case in point. Chromehounds. Awesome game. If you returned it after one day, than you totally missed the point. Single Player is average, but multiplayer is off the charts. Everything improves dramatically, and you only have to look around at the opinions on this board to realize how good a game it really is. But, because it doesn't appeal to you, it must not be good right?

An exmple from my own point of view. RockStar Table Tennis. Hold no appeal to me. Isn't something I'd ever buy, and it's just not something that I "get" as game. Yet, every indication is that it's a very good game. I've had a number of friends recommend it to me very highly, and the reviews all say the same. The fact that it doesn't appeal to me, in no way makes it crappy game.

You wasted that many words on Beowolf? You know you would have had the same effect on him by just posting "nuh-huh!"

DCharlie

IMO Bottomline, 360 IMO still does not have a AAA OMG IMO must have IMO game for its system yet.... IMO

You can insult me, post your IMO lame pictures IMO , but IMO you wont be able to show an, IMO, AAA title. IMO

all fixed !

but it is true and i defend your right to think that there aren't any AAA titles or games you like. Just accept that some of us think there are some good games worth playing. :/

Beowolf

Banned
fix it all you want.

But show me an AAA title. A true system seller.

Can you do that? or can you just insult me, so that the next guy below you can say "good one"

DCharlie

fix it all you want.

Can you do that? or can you just insult me, so that the next guy below you can say "good one"

well, yes, i can show you an AAA title - that is a system seller - but just not to you.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Trollin' Trollin' Trollin' Beowolf be trollin'!

*sung to the tune of Rawhide*

Beowolf said:
fix it all you want.

System seller is based on prefrence

Graw is a system Seller. Show me one good ps3 system seller? (im not into JRPGS or MGS4 style interactive movies)

You really should not have bought a 360.

Blackace

daxsector said:
Even though this guy is a troll, I also feel that 360 needs better exclusive titles.

All systems need this... and a lot of companies aren't giving them out.. To MS' credit they do buy a lot more outside help for exclusive content.. just they get robbed a lot.. (True Fantasy/DQ8 I am looking at you) But to say that the 360 has no system movers is just flat out wrong and turning a blind eye to the numbers... the 360 games have outsold the PC counter parts in most cases

bud

Kabuki Waq said:

Graw is a system Seller. Show me one good ps3 system seller? (im not into JRPGS or MGS4 style interactive movies)

haha u funny

what about gran turismo 5

Blackace

Kabuki Waq said:
lol you mean the racing sim with NO RACING AI? :p

let's not get banned for PS3 trolling... the system isn't even out yet...

bud

Kabuki Waq said:
lol you mean the racing sim with NO RACING AI? :p

oh so you have played gt5?

how was it?

and while you're at it: how was mgs4? since you've already established that it is an interactive movie.

Kabuki Waq said:

You heard it here folks! JRPGS and interactive movies are the only two genres available on PS3! awesome!

btw lol @ this thread

Bud said:
oh so you have played gt5?

how was it?

and while you're at it: how was mgs4? since you've already established that it is an interactive movie.

treat of bannage makes me stop. If you want my Ultra insider info PM me.

I will say that I am interested in seeing how the Zune plays into the MS strategy. Rumors persist that it'll have some Xbox branding, and obviously it'll connect to the 360 the same way that the iPod will, but aside from that, will it have some from of Live integration? Music Store connected into the Marketplace? What are the other Zune devices?

Top Bottom