• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Studios' creative director has some choice words about always-online

It was just too perfect

http://youtu.be/7QJO_xH0eEk

0241_u9j6d.gif

Has it peaked yet? lawl

Wow. 20+ more pages. Updated list, that you can replace the OP one with if you want shinobi.

Oh and yes, eventually even:

nothing_stops_this_train-9763.gif

Microsoft Press Release:
"We are aware of the comments made by an employee on Twitter. This person is not a spokesperson for Microsoft, and his personal views are not reflective of those of the company. We have not made any announcements about our product roadmap, and have no further comment on this matter."

jtb

Banned
Anyone who has Balmer or Kaz as their avatar has no problem in wearing their allegiance on their sleeve.

Arthur Gies up in here!

heh I think it's a terrible idea. But I have no qualms with not buying the console and watching it fail.

Voting with your wallet doesn't mean nearly as much if you don't express why you're abstaining.

I think they'll be able to put two and two together (it's what most producers of goods have to do when their products don't sell), but this is a fair point.

He is making a parody of certain board shills and online personalities.

Nah, (sadly) I did mean that unironically. MS don't give a shit about anything or anyone but the money.

MarkusRJR

Damn, this thread blew up. That OP is fucking incredible too. I can't get over the Sweet Billy bit. That was just too much for me to handle, lol.

Boss Man

It's like a virus spreading to all parts of the internet with no sign of stopping.

What will be Microsoft's anti virus?
I wonder if Shinobi's thread will end up forcing their hand and making them announce early.

Guys, our very own Shinobi may end up making Mircosoft announce the Xbox early and causing them to drop always-online.

Reiko

Banned
whoa, I'm going to avoid this topic until MS says something.

There are tons of pro Microsoft fans not posting in this topic.

Most are actually connected to the franchises instead like Halo, Forza, Alan Wake, Gears, ...etc

On the hardware end, MS is potentially fucking up the image of the software end, which is undeserved.

Game Guru

To be fair, a person can have their biases, but they should try to keep those biases in check if they are trying to make an objective assessment.

For example, I am a self-admitted Nintendo fan and will get a Wii U eventually, but even I cannot deny that some of Nintendo's policies are poorly implemented compared to the other console companies. Conversely, I have not owned a Sony console since the PS2, but I think Sony's actually hitting it out of the park with the PS4 and the only things I'm concerned with is possible price and backwards compatibility with digital games. I do own an Xbox 360, but the rumors about always online are worrying me enough to possibly return to Sony despite my concerns about the PS4. There should be logical reasons why one owns a certain console as opposed to others.

Ding-Ding

I wonder if Shinobi's thread will end up forcing their hand and making them announce early.

Guys, our very own Shinobi may end up making Mircosoft announce the Xbox early and causing them to drop always-online.

I doubt it. I can imagine MS will announce making only bleak references to always online, then they will sit there waiting for some pre-order figures.

If pre-orders look like they are getting hit because of always online, only then can I see them having a rethink.

7500+ posts about a guy obviously trolling another on twitter. How will gaf spin this crow onslaught when MS announce non always on??

Oh, no, no, no. This isn't going to go unnoticed. If it ends up the next Xbox is NOT always online that isn't going to be some sort of big bullet point that deserves praise. It shouldn't have been considered in the first place. If Microsoft doesn't do this then I'll eat crow, but I won't praise them. If Microsoft ends up doing this then they can eat shit and I'll get a PS4.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
To be fair, a person can have their biases, but they should try to keep those biases in check if they are trying to make an objective assessment.

For example, I am a self-admitted Nintendo fan and will get a Wii U eventually, but even I cannot deny that some of Nintendo's policies are poorly implemented compared to the other console companies. Conversely, I have not owned a Sony console since the PS2, but I think Sony's actually hitting it out of the park with the PS4 and the only things I'm concerned with is possible price and backwards compatibility with digital games. I do own an Xbox 360, but the rumors about always online are worrying me enough to possibly return to Sony despite my concerns about the PS4. There should be logical reasons why one owns a certain console as opposed to others.

I think the universal rule of "don't be a dumbass" applies. Follow that and you'll be fine.

Shahed

Which mod is sniping pro-Xbox posters in here?

I think that's a good thing. They could use a cooling off period. Console launches get a bit heated and it's annoying having to sift through so much agenda driven and corporate apologist nonsense.

The same needs to happen to some pro-Sony people as well. Thankfully the Nintendo lot have been dealt with and calmed down already

tirminyl

Good lord. I would have never thought that this would have blown up the way it did. Mr. Orth gon' get this work.

Thanks for the the updated story links.

blackflag

Pshh go away with your logic and reasoning.

Top Bottom