• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft supposedly forced parity on Division 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

thelastword

Banned
I could have told you that OP and I did do so too, over the last few years, if you've been following tech threads.....that is...

The parity on destiny was clearly obvious, remember when I said MS sent a team of engineers to boost the game on XBOX-ONE, they also sent a team of monee-ngineers too. Destiny could have looked and run so much better on PS4, but they spent lots of time and resources getting the Xbox version up to par.

Ubisoft though takes the cake; egalite, fraternite, liberte ... Division 1, they went for parity and gimping the PS4 version, those downgrades we saw had a lot to do with Xbox one. AC Unity was the biggest sin though. 900p on both consoles and better performance on Xbox, when other games had a 1080p to 720p divide vs Xbox and still better performance and effects. This was the most blatant from Ubi, but everyone knows that Ubisoft is on record saying they gimped the PS4 version, because debates and stuff? Ms and it's fans don't like the debates......

Witcher 3 was blatant, better performance and some reflections on Xbox, marketing deal, Ms dollars, it's clear. Hell, Pro could have had a patch for said game eons ago, but they were too busy. Xbonex got a solid patch with more features, they sure took their time on that version. Pretty much the whole Witcher 3 situation on PS4 including all the promises to fix the bog was a farce, the bog is still not a locked 30fps on Pro for crying out loud, it falls to 27, 26fps still. That hdr implementation was a joke, but clearly, if Xbox One runs the Witcher about on par as a pro in the bog on average, that's all you need to know.

Then we move to Capcom. They need the money, just like Xbox fans say Obsidian needs the money. Strider, where's the AF.... Revelations 2? The most blatant for me from them. 1080p on both consoles, 20+fps uplift on a weak box like Xbox One over PS4 in certain scenes, but get this, alpha heavy scenes, you simply can't make this stuff up.

Now this same MS is saying Sony is anti-consumer, not sharing its base with them, whilst they nickel and dime their base with an Xblive paywall for FREE TO PLAY Games..... Clearly denied PS players much better versions of games, but now it's kumbaya times and the MS horde is bent out of shape pushing a destructive MS agenda in the name of consumer rights, when they know its anything but genuine, whilst Ms goes into full throttle motion sans vaseline with pay to access free to play games and betas on that very horde, deny them good games for five years, but here they are. At least if you had great games to show.... but nothing......

Yet some want an MS paved future, who has the most anti-consumer practices coined-up and known about in the corporate world with Nvidia being the ever studious apprentice in the here and now......

Is it coincidence that all these games were gimped? Sigh! .....Yet baffling that some people would choose to deny that MS has still not rescinded on it's 2013 plan and callous policies...

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
No, but they also didn't pull this shit with The Division. It's an article trying to fan the flames of a pointless console war and capitalizing on that for clicks.

Seriously? We knew about this for a long time. Are people still denying it?

Vawn

Banned
So Microsoft demanded games be held back on PS4 because they had the weaker hardware. Now the 1X passed the Pro, they want third-parties to patch their games to surpass the Pro?

How about you work on getting some worthwhile exclusive games for Xbox One instead of all the PR speak, promises, paying to block games from competitors for periods of time, etc.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Seriously? We knew about this for a long time. Are people still denying it?
Are you dense or have you just conveniently ignored Digital Foundry technical analysis videos were they stated the XB1 versions were the lesser performing ones?

Edit: Don't bother answering, because I won't see it. Just keep fighting the good fight 👍

Last edited:

Journey

Banned
Maybe you wanna defend Microsoft but whether its old or new such practices should be called out only if proven correct and happened indeed cuz otherwise companies may continue to do it

See my post with DF article which basically debunks this.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Jesus Christ this is like when I was at school and had the “your Mum” jokes come out... except in this case both our mums are fat fucks. Just leave it at that. Both parties do it. Yeah Sony May have started it, but Microsoft carried it on. It’s basic business. The only time I care is when I’m locked out of exclusive content, and it’s the same price on both machines. Fuck that noise. But again, BOTH have done it.

So just leave it there. This Division example is nonsense on account of the PS4 version still dropping frames and had no head room for further changes, even though it was ALREADY better looking than the Xbox one... so if you’re really silly enough to believe MS would pay for that kind of support, well... Enjoy voting for Trump I guess?

Gradly

See my post with DF article which basically debunks this.

Maybe but in general such stuff would be better if called out and people talk about it similar to the current trend of downgrade claims etc, in the past game devs were blatantly release bullshots and game reveal that get downgraded once released or microtransactions but gradually we are seeing less of such practices because of the increased awareness and talking about that in social media etc, this is just an example, bad practices if kept hidden believe me they will keep showing up

Last edited:

phil_t98

#SonyToo
kinda funny that people are not reading that it ran better on the PS4 and more stable frame rate but everybody is ignoring that and slating Microsoft when it clearly never happened hoe the OP said it did lol

I could have told you that OP and I did do so too, over the last few years, if you've been following tech threads.....that is...

The parity on destiny was clearly obvious, remember when I said MS sent a team of engineers to boost the game on XBOX-ONE, they also sent a team of monee-ngineers too. Destiny could have looked and run so much better on PS4, but they spent lots of time and resources getting the Xbox version up to par.

Ubisoft though takes the cake; egalite, fraternite, liberte ... Division 1, they went for parity and gimping the PS4 version, those downgrades we saw had a lot to do with Xbox one. AC Unity was the biggest sin though. 900p on both consoles and better performance on Xbox, when other games had a 1080p to 720p divide vs Xbox and still better performance and effects. This was the most blatant from Ubi, but everyone knows that Ubisoft is on record saying they gimped the PS4 version, because debates and stuff? Ms and it's fans don't like the debates......

Witcher 3 was blatant, better performance and some reflections on Xbox, marketing deal, Ms dollars, it's clear. Hell, Pro could have had a patch for said game eons ago, but they were too busy. Xbonex got a solid patch with more features, they sure took their time on that version. Pretty much the whole Witcher 3 situation on PS4 including all the promises to fix the bog was a farce, the bog is still not a locked 30fps on Pro for crying out loud, it falls to 27, 26fps still. That hdr implementation was a joke, but clearly, if Xbox One runs the Witcher about on par as a pro in the bog on average, that's all you need to know.

Then we move to Capcom. They need the money, just like Xbox fans say Obsidian needs the money. Strider, where's the AF.... Revelations 2? The most blatant for me from them. 1080p on both consoles, 20+fps uplift on a weak box like Xbox One over PS4 in certain scenes, but get this, alpha heavy scenes, you simply can't make this stuff up.

Now this same MS is saying Sony is anti-consumer, not sharing its base with them, whilst they nickel and dime their base with an Xblive paywall for FREE TO PLAY Games..... Clearly denied PS players much better versions of games, but now it's kumbaya times and the MS horde is bent out of shape pushing a destructive MS agenda in the name of consumer rights, when they know its anything but genuine, whilst Ms goes into full throttle motion sans vaseline with pay to access free to play games and betas on that very horde, deny them good games for five years, but here they are. At least if you had great games to show.... but nothing......

Yet some want an MS paved future, who has the most anti-consumer practices coined-up and known about in the corporate world with Nvidia being the ever studious apprentice in the here and now......

Is it coincidence that all these games were gimped? Sigh! .....Yet baffling that some people would choose to deny that MS has still not rescinded on it's 2013 plan and callous policies...
Many lies detected.
Performance Analysis: The Division
Divide and conquer?
10/03/2016
"In terms of resolution, we're on familiar ground. PS4 features a solid native 1080p presentation throughout, while on Xbox One dynamic resolution scaling is in effect."
"As we first saw in the beta, the final version of The Division offers up mostly solid frame-rates across both consoles, with Xbox One exhibiting some mild tearing and dropped frames on occasion.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-performance-analysis-the-division

thelastword

Banned
Eurogamer says

"Indoor areas and less demanding scenes see the game output natively in 1080p - just like PS4 - but as we move into outdoor areas and more detailed locations, we see the pixel density take a small hit, with 1792x1008 and 1728x972 framebuffers appearing.

Xbox One holds to a native 1080p when indoors, and it's possible that the extra pixel workload is impacting performance in these scenes."
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-performance-analysis-the-division

That was not common on the XBOX ONE, the divide seen most predominantly; was 1600 x 900 or 1280 x 720 on XBOX-ONE vs 1920 x 1080p on PS4 (with better framerate and better graphical settings in most cases).......An XBOX-ONE game going for parity will not always mean it will hit it, or going for resolutions higher than it typically did, like in this one, does not mean it will outpace PS4 in framerate or they will suceed, but it means that all the resources used to try to get XBOX on par, limits resources and polish and finetuning and upgrades that could be going to PS4.......

So if MS paid UBI to limit what's on PS4 and push XBOX-ONE beyond it's breaking point. It would mean the devs never really pushed PS4.....I don't know what's up for debate here....Ubisoft admitted to it....

"We decided to lock them at the same specs to avoid all the debates and stuff," senior producer Vincent Pontbriand told VideoGamer.com while explaining that it's the consoles' CPUs - not the GPU - that prevents Ubisoft Montreal from improving the game's performance."
https://www.videogamer.com/news/assassins_creed_unity_is_900p_30fps_on_both_ps4_and_xbox_one

A CPU bottleneck, but similar resolutions, assets, graphical settings et al.......

0337_gxkq3.gif

Last edited:

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Jesus fucking Christ you need help. The fact you’re not banned yet is utterly mind boggling. People on OTHER sites (not just era) know of you. You live in some strange alternate reality, where the sun has a Sony logo.

Just... fuck... I don’t know man... it’s embarrassing...

I mean if they have locked the game at Xbox settings on PS4, but the PS4 is still struggling to render it all smoothly, why w.... No, fuck it. I’m not even going there. I could say a water bottle with Microsoft on it is wet, and you would tell me it’s not as wet as a Sony one. Just get a damn life, man... Why have I not blocked you yet like everybody else...

Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Jesus fucking Christ you need help. The fact you’re not banned yet is utterly mind boggling. People on OTHER sites (not just era) know of you. You live in some strange alternate reality, where the sun has a Sony logo.

I mean if they have locked the game at Xbox settings on PS4, but the PS4 is still struggling to render it all smoothly, why w.... No, fuck it. I’m not even going there. I could say a water bottle with Microsoft on it is wet, and you would tell me it’s not as wet as a Sony one. Just get a damn life, man... Why have I not blocked you yet like everybody else...
Lol just block him, man. It makes your GAF browsing experience that much better.

Watch Dogs 1 too, i think.
They found assets on the PC version to make it run the way it was intended before Sony/Microsoft threw a fit.

I'm pretty sure those better performances on the Xbox can be attributed on the fact that the Xbox had better CPU clocks which helped on demanding scenes that rellied on CPU. The AF problem at the early stages of this generation on PS4 can be attributed on the fact that developers where initially more comfortable and had better knowledge doing AF and alpha effects on the EDRAM architecture that Xbox One and Xbox 360 where sharing. As devs moved on and started improving their engines stuff got better on PS4.

thelastword

Banned
There was a trend with the first few titles with Ubisoft if you remember, Black Flag was 900p on both systems at first.....
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-ps4-ac4-patch-analysed-in-depth

Ubi always had an endearing relationship with MS, the 360 days speaks volumes and pretty much anytime MS is releasing a new console, UBI says great things. They praised XBOX-ONE, they said great things about XBONEX and Yves' is already saying 'streaming games is the future'... "because MS is bringing a streaming box"......to town...

I think though, after the debates thing was exposed "oops fashion", they've been a bit low key since then and have had some solid enough ports, not great but solid, as Far Cry 5 should have been 4K CB on PRO instead......

There was a trend with the first few titles with Ubisoft if you remember, Black Flag was 900p on both systems at first.....
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-ps4-ac4-patch-analysed-in-depth

Ubi always had an endearing relationship with MS, the 360 days speaks volumes and pretty much anytime MS is releasing a new console, UBI says great things. They praised XBOX-ONE, they said great things about XBONEX and Yves' is already saying 'streaming games is the future'... "because MS is bringing a streaming box"......to town...

I think though, after the debates thing was exposed "oops fashion", they've been a bit low key since then and have had some solid enough ports, not great but solid, as Far Cry 5 should have been 4K CB on PRO instead......

Or the port of the game was easier for the Xbox One (many similarities with Xbox 360) and afterwards they updated the PS4 edition with a patch. It's not that the update came 5 years later. They did it almost after release, if they wanted to gimp the PS4 edition they would have never released the update. Also lot's of developers had good relations with MS on the 360 era simply because MS and the 360 was more friendly for them and easier to develop. That's how you build a healthy console.

Someone can use your arguments to say the same things about Kojima and Sony. He hates Xbox and even MGS V was gimped on the Xbox One.

Lol, it's Bish's alternate account.

pr0cs

Feels like the old gaf when we've gone back to blatant console wars. At least some things have returned to normal

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I expected this type of topic you usually see in Gamespot's System Wars or Gamefaqs.

thelastword

Banned
I'm pretty sure those better performances on the Xbox can be attributed on the fact that the Xbox had better CPU clocks which helped on demanding scenes that rellied on CPU. The AF problem at the early stages of this generation on PS4 can be attributed on the fact that developers where initially more comfortable and had better knowledge doing AF and alpha effects on the EDRAM architecture that Xbox One and Xbox 360 where sharing. As devs moved on and started improving their engines stuff got better on PS4.
Better CPU clocks? by how much? You really expect that was responsible for giving us the 5fps framerate divide we occasionaly saw in that game?

Besides, XBOX's CPU does not give more than PS4. MS's layered OS consumes more CPU power than PS4, also, PS4 has a very fast sub-bus that quickens comms between CPU-GPU-MEM......You could also read what 4A games said on this if you want to get more technical....Remember, the games where people used that false conclusion also received improvements to performance, I'm talking AC Unity on PS4 and GTA5.

Dev From 4A Games

"Oles Shishkovstov: Let's put it that way - we have seen scenarios where a single CPU core was fully loaded just by issuing draw-calls on Xbox One (and that's surely on the 'mono' driver with several fast-path calls utilised). Then, the same scenario on PS4, it was actually difficult to find those draw-calls in the profile graphs, because they are using almost no time and are barely visible as a result.

In general - I don't really get why they choose DX11 as a starting point for the console. It's a console! Why care about some legacy stuff at all? On PS4, most GPU commands are just a few DWORDs written into the command buffer, let's say just a few CPU clock cycles. On Xbox One it easily could be one million times slower because of all the bookkeeping the API does."

Or the port of the game was easier for the Xbox One (many similarities with Xbox 360) and afterwards they updated the PS4 edition with a patch. It's not that the update came 5 years later. They did it almost after release, if they wanted to gimp the PS4 edition they would have never released the update. Also lot's of developers had good relations with MS on the 360 era simply because MS and the 360 was more friendly for them and easier to develop. That's how you build a healthy console.

Someone can use your arguments to say the same things about Kojima and Sony. He hates Xbox and even MGS V was gimped on the Xbox One.
I know a patch came after release, my point was that Ubi's entire development focus was based in parity from the beginning with 900p being the focus for black flag on both systems, which means XBOX ONE was the base spec for which they developed....So much so, that Unity came after and they did not bother to patch that to 1080p on PS4, (where they had a marketing deal with MS on that one) and now talks of the Division (where money was exchanged too)......

It's clear, Ubi is tight with MS and they're not shy about it....Even Syndicate is 900p on both XBOX-ONE and PS4. CPU issues (on both consoles) has nothing to do with offering better resolution and effects from the PS4 GPU.....PS4 should have received better rez and effects, and since the XBOX-ONE CPU has no tangible gains, 4A even said PS4 offers more CPU-side, then it means that UBI concentrated on polishing the XBOX version at 900p and did not do much in boosting framerate and rez on PS4, hence why XBOX performed better with no tangible CPU gains on release....

Also, do you remember when Ubi patched Syndicate on PRO, how much of a farce the messaging and delivery was on that? That patch stayed bad for quite some time, they even said they would update base PS4 to 1080p at the time of the patch, but that never happened either....

Last edited:
Eurogamer says

"Indoor areas and less demanding scenes see the game output natively in 1080p - just like PS4 - but as we move into outdoor areas and more detailed locations, we see the pixel density take a small hit, with 1792x1008 and 1728x972 framebuffers appearing.

Xbox One holds to a native 1080p when indoors, and it's possible that the extra pixel workload is impacting performance in these scenes."

That was not common on the XBOX ONE, the divide seen most predominantly; was 1600 x 900 or 1280 x 720 on XBOX-ONE vs 1920 x 1080p on PS4 (with better framerate and better graphical settings in most cases).......An XBOX-ONE game going for parity will not always mean it will hit it, or going for resolutions higher than it typically did, like in this one, does not mean it will outpace PS4 in framerate or they will suceed, but it means that all the resources used to try to get XBOX on par, limits resources and polish and finetuning and upgrades that could be going to PS4.......

So if MS paid UBI to limit what's on PS4 and push XBOX-ONE beyond it's breaking point. It would mean the devs never really pushed PS4.....I don't know what's up for debate here....Ubisoft admitted to it....

"We decided to lock them at the same specs to avoid all the debates and stuff," senior producer Vincent Pontbriand told VideoGamer.com while explaining that it's the consoles' CPUs - not the GPU - that prevents Ubisoft Montreal from improving the game's performance."
https://www.videogamer.com/news/assassins_creed_unity_is_900p_30fps_on_both_ps4_and_xbox_one

A CPU bottleneck, but similar resolutions, assets, graphical settings et al.......

0337_gxkq3.gif

The Xbox One has a CPU clock of 1.75GHz while PS4 has CPU clock of 1.6GHz. The Xbox One has always had a slight advantage in this aspect. Seems likes you have a misleading agenda to push.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Eurogamer says

0337_gxkq3.gif

Last edited:

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Would you believe I haven’t, solely because I live in hope the site will do the right thing already. I shouldn’t have to lol

yeah its bad really how he gets away with it, when you post a decent response he ignores it completely, also forgetting the game ran better on PS4 just to hit the anti Microsoft agenda

phil_t98

#SonyToo
On consoles the PS4 has the edge, with a locked native 1080p resolution and slightly more stable performance. But all told, the experience on Xbox One is still excellent, and the game is a beautiful release across both consoles - Sony's system just provides added refinement here, but we'd happily play the game on either machine.

Digital foundry verdict on it, clearly PS4 has the lead on this game so no idea why people saying they the same on both consoles

Gradly

On consoles the PS4 has the edge, with a locked native 1080p resolution and slightly more stable performance. But all told, the experience on Xbox One is still excellent, and the game is a beautiful release across both consoles - Sony's system just provides added refinement here, but we'd happily play the game on either machine.

Digital foundry verdict on it, clearly PS4 has the lead on this game so no idea why people saying they the same on both consoles
Forced parity doesn't mean the numbers will be exactly the same, it's just to make both experiences almost on par, again if one company like Ubisoft does it once it's probably gonna do it over and over again so it's better be called out cuz its an effective solution and I'm talking in general. I only remember the buzz surrounding Unity tbh

If this is true let Microsoft/Ubisoft defend themselves don't try to downplay the matter in support of your favorite company

FranXico

I think parity is being forced way more than we actually think behind the scenes.
I don't know what are people referring to as "gimping" if some devs make conscious decisions while designing their games to make sure the experience is as uniform as possible across all supported platforms.

This is probably what happens behind the scenes, not sinister execs telling them to downgrade this or that version.

thelastword

Banned
The Xbox One has a CPU clock of 1.75GHz while PS4 has CPU clock of 1.6GHz. The Xbox One has always had a slight advantage in this aspect. Seems likes you have a misleading agenda to push.
The XBOX's mutilayered OS consumes more CPU power, plus the XBOX API drowns performance even further.....I even gave a dev quote from the guys who did Metro.....This is common knowledge or should be at least.....You believe 1.75 GHz over 1.6GHz on a jaguar is going to give you 5fps on the former?....Then explain how GTA and Unity got perf improvements with no new CPU installed or clock upgrades on PS4. Remember, Ubi said the game was CPU bound.....

I think parity is being forced way more than we actually think behind the scenes.
Absolutely, but yet, there were some really clear and blatant cases this gen, where no dev had to do an "oops", " you shouldn't have heard that"......to decipher

Still, if we use Ubi's own charts.....and forget about the XBOX api and the Layered OS's cpu drain......Way back then, Ubi showed this.....

a4275ab53e97480ae62727f1e40b3702c942772dadd740b7449d8f082b80dace.jpg

So here XBOX slighty pulls ahead in the CPU demo.

But watch below...the same simulation on the GPU, nothwithstanding PS4 has async compute which works in tandem with the graphics pipeline and offloads from the CPU and you can see that Ubi did not do much wiith PS4.

So look below;

Same test on the GPU...
ps4gpu_x1gpu-600x371.jpg

Such a huge divide in GPGPU performance, 1600 dancers rendered on PS4 vs 830 on the XBOX ONE, and people logically expect that rez, effects and even framerate should be the same. If Ubi spent some time with PS4, it would have a rez and effects upgrade and the small CPU divide could be offset with Async Compute....That was back then...

Still, I know that the ICE team had an update to the PS4 API, that improved drawcalls an insane amount, hence why the 4A Games dev said it's so fast on PS4. There have also been many improvements to PS4's API over the years, but we hardly talk about it since PS4 is more powerful over XBOX ONE. All we see in our firmware updates are perf updates and many seem to be content with that............

Last edited:
The XBOX's mutilayered OS consumes more CPU power, plus the XBOX API drowns performance even further.....I even gave a dev quote from the guys who did Metro.....This is common knowledge or should be at least.....You believe 1.75 GHz over 1.6 on a jaguar is going to give you 5fps....Then explain how GTA and Unity got perf improvements later on PS4 with no new CPU installed or clock upgrades. Rememeber, Ubi said the game was CPU bound.....

Better understanding of the hardware and the ability to offload stuff on GPU. As i already said, Xbox One has a lot of similarities on the design philosophy with Xbox 360, so i suppose in the early days it was easier for devs to give better results on one platform. That's nothing new.

Other than that i cannot really speak in a lot of depth about technical stuff. None of us really can. A dev quote in my book is nothing. Is just a way to prove a wrong point and it's not common knowledge. We don't know how Xbox OS works, we don't know how the DX Api on the Xbox works.

For me a common thing would be the Xbox OS to stop working when Games OS takes over and runs a game to conserve performance. I suppose devs are smarter than us all.

Also regarding Unity and some other games: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...es-more-cpu-power-to-xbox-one-developers-blog

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Funny as now multiplats are really the best on xbox one x 🤣

Last edited:

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Forced parity doesn't mean the numbers will be exactly the same, it's just to make both experiences almost on par, again if one company like Ubisoft does it once it's probably gonna do it over and over again so it's better be called out cuz its an effective solution and I'm talking in general. I only remember the buzz surrounding Unity tbh

If this is true let Microsoft/Ubisoft defend themselves don't try to downplay the matter in support of your favorite company

if I remember right from early this gen battlefield had higher res on PS4 but better frames on xbox was that also paid to be the same?

what people are forgetting is the PS4 is more powerful than x1 but not massively more powerful so the early games were very similar

Also its the same game so it will look and run similar on similar hardware

Are people expecting higher Res textures on PS4? or Higher than 1080p res on standard PS4? I don't get it because the PS4 ran the game the best already

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Some people, I won’t mention names, have zero understanding of the factors that make game X perform the way it does on hardware Y. They simply see a higher number and think that it means the game should perform better. It simply doesn’t work that way. Yes, we can’t ignore the fact that on paper the Xbox is weaker than the PlayStation, that’s a fact. On paper. But each console has its own strengths and weaknesses in some areas that are contrary to the opposite console.

That’s why all this is, well, stupid. The Divison has been said to be gimped because Xbox cried and made them make it the same quality... yet it’s actually not, it’s higher res? And even then taking into account that the base assets were all the same, it still runs with a lot of dropped frames on PS4, meaning it’s already taxing the system... meaning... where were they going to add the missing or gimped features?

This thread is like trying to argue with the kids at school who have to be right. Even when you prove them wrong in one area, they instantly jump into another, and so on. It’s like arguing with a trump supporter who keeps mentioning Hillary...

There’s no conspiracy here. Just hog standard multi platform releases examplified by the fact it was earlier in the generation.

Or do you really think Ubi soft is THAT stupid?

Xenon

When people said they wanted to go back to the old neogaf, I didn't think they meant back in time.

HonoredCarelessCygnet.gif

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
IDK, I played The Division and I highly doubt the base PS4 could have handled any better.

Gradly

if I remember right from early this gen battlefield had higher res on PS4 but better frames on xbox was that also paid to be the same?

what people are forgetting is the PS4 is more powerful than x1 but not massively more powerful so the early games were very similar

Also its the same game so it will look and run similar on similar hardware

Are people expecting higher Res textures on PS4? or Higher than 1080p res on standard PS4? I don't get it because the PS4 ran the game the best already
I can't remember every game and not every game had suffered from that but few games that had Microsoft marketing deal, and so the Xbox was the lead platform, raised some concerns in the past similar to Unity (remember "to avoid all the debates and stuff") and now Division, so the possibility of a forced parity is there. Now whether true or false we may not be able to confirm that and this is why for the 3rd time I repeat that such practice is bad and it's better to talk about it to eliminate it because yea peoples voice is effective nowadays. Unless there is a definitive proof I don't attack or defend any party. If it's my favorite platform or company personally id rather stay silent than blindly defend that

You make it like its impossible for this to happen but what if this turns out to be true, will you still take the same stance and defend Microsoft and Ubisoft? No one knows what happen behind the scenes unless something exposed or leaked

phil_t98

#SonyToo
I can't remember every game and not every game had suffered from that but few games that had Microsoft marketing deal, and so the Xbox was the lead platform, raised some concerns in the past similar to Unity (remember "to avoid all the debates and stuff") and now Division, so the possibility of a forced parity is there. Now whether true or false we may not be able to confirm that and this is why for the 3rd time I repeat that such practice is bad and it's better to talk about it to eliminate it because yea peoples voice is effective nowadays. Unless there is a definitive proof I don't attack or defend any party. If it's my favorite platform or company personally id rather stay silent than blindly defend that

You make it like its impossible for this to happen but what if this turns out to be true, will you still take the same stance and defend Microsoft and Ubisoft? No one knows what happen behind the scenes unless something exposed or leaked

I aint saying its impossible to happen, I am saying that The Divison was better on the PS4 so if that happened with Microsoft then they wasted money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom