• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft supposedly forced parity on Division 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't there some leak about an Assassin's Creed game in the same time frame? then PR jumped in and claimed that parity was enforced "to avoid arguments" around which console was better.

That doesn't look good for the current gen.

Shmunter

I love how conspiranoic people can be ... But you forget that the platform that sells the most by far is Sony and that knocks down all the arguments.

What does a company prefer? have 60 million angry users or 120 million?
A “theory” does not automatically make it a conspiracy. The article here is case in point.

Millions of dollars hinge on simple contractual bullet points. When your marketing focuses on Power, but you demonstrate the opposite, the house of cards falls and conversations logically take place.

huraga

Banned
A “theory” does not automatically make it a conspiracy. The article here is case in point.

Millions of dollars hinge on simple contractual bullet points. When your marketing focuses on Power, but you demonstrate the opposite, the house of cards falls and conversations logically take place.

But technically that marketing is true, Xbox Series X has 12tflops and PS5 10,2. Microsoft never lied. Why is it not true?

Till now only were compared a few games with old engines from the last gen.

Most people are judging both consoles only for a few intergenerational games. It´s so stupid and ridiculous.

The most logical would be wait till next gen games and in that moment compare games but people wants to declare a winner asap.

It´s very unfair.

Shmunter

But technically that marketing is true, Xbox Series X has 12tflops and PS5 10,2. Microsoft never lied. Why is it not true?

Most people are judging both consoles only for a few intergenerational games. It´s so stupid and ridiculous.

The most logical would be wait till next gen games and in that moment compare games but people wants to declare a winner asap.

It´s very unfair.
It doesn’t matter what is true or not. It’s all about perception. The media and discussions currently taking place are questioning MS’s claims. This is not a positive for the company any way you shake it.

jaysius

Banned
Yeah, when a game patch is bugging, blame Microsoft,not Ubisoft.

Microsoft is the cause of world hunger, cancer, and COVID 19.
No worries once this dies down again Sony fanbois will continue to invent tech that the PS5 doesn’t have and talk out of their asses about technology they have no fucking clue about.

thanos perfectly balanced.jpg

huraga

Banned
It doesn’t matter what is true or not. It’s all about perception. The media and discussions currently taking place are questioning MS’s claims. This is not a positive for the company any way you shake it.

Microsoft or the press maybe made mistakes, but they are doing so well. Microsoft brought us a amazing console with a superb design and with the best service that no one made in this industry ever.

Sony is continuing the same model, nothing new, only a new gamepad , 3d sound and with the same old business.

I´ve both consoles and I´m so happy with them but for me I have better perception with Microsoft and the Xbox. I don't feel cheated, just that it's too early to judge both machines.

Time will give or take away the reason but for me Microsoft is adding more value to its product.

It´s very unfair.

The biggest PS5 wins so far were all due to bugs. It's funny and sad at the same time.

RCU005

Is there any actual proof of this?

I find it hard to believe some random guy who writes for some random site that casually drops this in an article about Spider-Man downgrades.

I remember Microsoft used to do this with 360/PS3 games. They had a clause in their contracts or something legal that said that PS3 games could not be better than 360 games if publishers wanted to release a game on 360. It could at least be equal.

REDRZA MWS

Yeah you have Spencer saying he hates console warring, yet they do stuff like this.
Like I said, both companies make “deals” with all different requirements, mostly unsaid for these exact reasons. Also, not only did Phil Spencer say he hates console wars, he also praised the Dualsense.

Lastly, nobody here is running a game division for either multi billion dollar company. Get a life. Enjoy what you have, why the need to constantly hate on something you’ll never own? It’s really weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom