• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft teases for E3 with countdown: "And it's on..."

Karak

This is all that matters. I'm a consumer. I don't really care about the benefits devs get from one console. What I do know is that competition helps stop complacency. Sony being a prime example this last generation. Knocked down a peg due to their arrogance but ultimately, we're all better off for it because they went from being the worst console to arguably the best console.

No one company should hold all that power.

I am a consumer of games.
So what helps devs helps me.

For example I would rather buy 1 high power system and have the 400 extra to buy the same games that WOULD have been exclusive on my system of choice. Even if the system of choice was 100 more.
And then also have one really cool lesser power one where they go nuts with all the extra weird things(tablet controllers)

And yes I agree with all the rest. But I also didn't ever indicate that I wanted MS or Sony gone. Just that having them both fight for the same spot, isn't all happy land as we would like it to be.

Anyway that's just a random future. I am sure if it happened we would both find positives and negatives for both. I owned all the systems every gen. It's just life these days and random thoughts I am speaking.

ekim

Karak, you mentioned the 720 will be revealed before CES in private for certain people. Yet we have no leaks so far - where did that reveal take place? When can we expect something official for the public? Before E3?

DocStar

Neo Member
Karak, you mentioned the 720 will be revealed before CES in private for certain people. Yet we have no leaks so far - where did that reveal take place? When can we expect something official for the public? Before E3?

Has CES already started?
God, I'm not up to date :(

Reiko

Banned

Leaks are more subtle. After CES you will have to do some forum hunting.

That is on the occasion that someone is dumb enough to break NDA and not get caught.

Karak

Leaks are more subtle. After CES you will have to do some forum hunting.

That is on the occasion that someone is dumb enough to break NDA and not get caught.

Yep. As I said in the post could be anywhere from as soon as now, to as far away as 1 month. Even longer. Dumb enough to break an NDA...sounds so derogatory hahahaha. But true.
It shows the level of desire though. Man. That plus the desire to TELL others makes for a fine broken NDA wine.

For the first outside of Microsoft and investors, I'm sure they're not your typical gaming editor. They're probably elites in the business and not going to break an NDA with Microsoft...at least this early they won't.

ekim

For the first outside of Microsoft and investors, I'm sure they're not your typical gaming editor. They're probably elites in the business and not going to break an NDA with Microsoft...at least this early they won't.

I thought the elite already have access to devkits for months now. But maybe they showed them the final thing.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I wonder if special invitations to pre-preorder at the Microsoft store will be sent out to loyal fans (ie. 10 year+ Xbox Live subscribers). I have a feeling MS will do a lot to cater to its most loyal fans to ensure they stick around.

DocStar

Neo Member
I wonder if special invitations to pre-preorder at the Microsoft store will be sent out to loyal fans (ie. 10 year+ Xbox Live subscribers). I have a feeling MS will do a lot to cater to its most loyal fans to ensure they stick around.

I got Kinect from them, when they started the "Closed Beta Thing" ... does this count? :p

I did. I heard it was in. Like for sure.

images

mrklaw

MrArseFace
The time when people start to say 'so and so can do no wrong, it's theirs for the taking' is usually precisely the time they trip over themselves and fall flat on their faces.

Karak

The time when people start to say 'so and so can do no wrong, it's theirs for the taking' is usually precisely the time they trip over themselves and fall flat on their faces.

So completely true. Except for 1 gen. That has been the case. Then again currently they are all very close. So who really is the REAL winner and the real ones saying "we can do no wrong"

Majanew

Banned
how could alan wake be first party if microsoft doesn't own remedy?

Also, destiny will be multiplatform.

Yes, but the first game [Destiny] is supposed to be timed exclusive on Xbox/New Xbox. For a year I believe.

And MS doesn't need to own Remedy for AW2 to be called first-party. I would hunt the link, but I'm on my phone and don't feel like it. :p

Yes, but the first game [Destiny] is supposed to be timed exclusive on Xbox/New Xbox. For a year I believe.

And MS doesn't need to own Remedy for AW2 to be called first-party. I would hunt the link, but I'm on my phone and don't feel like it. :p

the contract which that was written on was fairly old and only written as a precaution because bungie didn't have ps3 engineers readily on hand yet. Perhaps it might be, but i highly doubt it. I expect to see some stuff coming through the pipeline within a couple months.

And don't they, I figured contractual work was second party, not first, specially with remedy owning the IP?

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew

Most likely select partners have had an introduction to the new console. This could have been behind closed doors at CES but its more probable they got an invitation to the Xbox campus. This is to get partners to pledge support for the console and start working on products like accessories and whatever.

Don't expect too many leaks from these initial meetings. The people involved know better than that. When more people start getting involved closer to the reveal is when we will get the juicy stuff.

Until then its going to be mysterious forum posts and LinkedIn profile slips hahah that kind of thing.

Karak

Correct on both counts.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
So completely true. Except for 1 gen. That has been the case. Then again currently they are all very close. So who really is the REAL winner and the real ones saying "we can do no wrong"

This time t be fair MS isn't being that bullish. But the spectators are and I thnk its unwarranted.

As you say, both MS and Sony are both pretty close, and that's after the disastrous launch by Sony. This time they know they are challenging so will fight harder. It's very much anyone's game (well, perhaps not Nintendo), and still room for some disruption

Karak

This time t be fair MS isn't being that bullish. But the spectators are and I thnk its unwarranted.

As you say, both MS and Sony are both pretty close, and that's after the disastrous launch by Sony. This time they know they are challenging so will fight harder. It's very much anyone's game (well, perhaps not Nintendo), and still room for some disruption

Strangely I do not think Sony feels their launch was anything but a total success. The hardcore paid out the ass until Sony dropped the price then bought even more. If anything I felt that they have an impression of success throughout. That is just how they appear to me.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Strangely I do not think Sony feels their launch was anything but a total success. The hardcore paid out the ass until Sony dropped the price then bought even more. If anything I felt that they have an impression of success throughout. That is just how they appear to me.

how they come across in PR and presentations has to be positive, even if internally they know they're doing badly.

ekim

Rumored 720 leaks confirmed?

"Insider" confirms rumored specs. Other insider confirms the confirmation by heralding sending MS info about this leak.

Source : http://club.tgfcer.com/thread-6596213-2-1.html

User "BD" was a former UBI (now other 3rd party) employee and says that he will leak infos about the 720's dedicated OS Ram, if MS will not spill the beans itself on E3.

Other users confirm his affiliation to the industry.

Now an alleged other insider pretty much confirms the rumored specs:
Eight-core cpu, 8g memory, 8xxx graphics, windows 8 kernel specially os, 640g hard drive.

and later as an answer on the question whether an 8800 or 8900 series GPU is used:
(the 8880 seems to be a typo - I think he means 8800)

now "BD" comes back into the play:
You're gone, I said you divulge sensitive information sent letters to the MS PR tomorrow.

Disclaimer : everything was translated via google translate.

New thread worthy?

derFeef

I don't think MS is going to promote Destiny much. We already know it's going to be on the PS3, unless it's on the New Xbox and not PS4, but that's unlikely.

Why? Getting a headstart and possible bigger userbase in an upcoming (possibly) big new franchise is not a bad idea. Plus MS has history with Bungie, they have the fans there.

Hindle

Banned
MS will promote Destiny in a way that it sells the most on thier consoles. Kind of like Cod or Mass Effect, both multiplatform games but people associate them with the 360 not the Ps3.

bkiz

Neo Member
MS will promote Destiny in a way that it sells the most on thier consoles. Kind of like Cod or Mass Effect, both multiplatform games but people associate them with the 360 not the Ps3.

They'll push it just as hard as halo 4, if not more given that bungie has done so much for ms. They owe them to make sure Destiny sells well from the start, not that it needs it.

Top Bottom