• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft to hold Xbox & Windows 10 Media event Feb. 25th

Kb/m on console causes too many problems and unnecessary complications, if you want to play with that input go and play on PC

They'll need to be using 14nm fit for the SOC redesign, and possibly ddr4.

Given the overly large size of the Xbox One already I think they could probably do a slim without much in the way of chipset changes... just replace the massive fan with something smaller

JaggedSac

Given the overly large size of the Xbox One already I think they could probably do a slim without much in the way of chipset changes... just replace the massive fan with something smaller

Smaller fan means more noise though. Guess it is a trade-off for size though.

Quantum Break - hands on
Fable Legends - hands on & release date
Gigantic - hands on & release date
Ori DE - hands on & release date

Gears 4 - beta reveal and date of beta
Maybe a KI S3 character reveal

Cuphead - hands on & release date
Below - hands on & release date
Ashen - hands on
Tacoma - hands on
Super hot - hands on

And maybe an indie reveal or 2, don't think they'll be any major new announcement's to get excited about. If we get all of the above though then I'll be more than happy with that.

Then onto Build (more Crackdown 3, please) and then E3!!

Don't even joke man. A Panos designed Xbone would make me double dip, lol.

I don't really see why he wouldn't get involved... Satya has been all about getting rid of the bloat and having the entire company pushing in the same direction, reducing how segregated divisions and teams are so everyone is talking and working together.

I'd be more surprised if he wasn't involved at all, he might not lead the project but I bet they would sit him round the table during planning and development and get his input.

EvB

I'm still thinking they are going to announce something else crazy.

360 games now working on Windows 10, maybe even Xbox One games running on Windows 10.

Time for the Greatest Games Lineup in History Part Two! Damage control incoming. Maybe we get another MAU update? At this point I'm not sure there's anything they could announce to get me excited for the system. The roommate got one for Xmas and I can't be bothered to even pick up the controller. Maybe they announce a pricecut to try and counter U4 but that doesn't make sense because Sony would just counter. They aren't announcing any more third party exclusives, not after Tomb Raider. Maybe this is where they announce their partnership with EA for Battlefield 5.

Miles X

Just hoping for some solid release dates and new gameplay/info

Time for the Greatest Games Lineup in History Part Two! Damage control incoming. Maybe we get another MAU update? At this point I'm not sure there's anything they could announce to get me excited for the system. The roommate got one for Xmas and I can't be bothered to even pick up the controller. Maybe they announce a pricecut to try and counter U4 but that doesn't make sense because Sony would just counter. They aren't announcing any more third party exclusives, not after Tomb Raider. Maybe this is where they announce their partnership with EA for Battlefield 5.

It's funny how you talk about not getting excited about XB1 but then just bitch about anything and everything sales related?

Is that what interests you in a console? If it's selling well ... smh.

I'm still thinking they are going to announce something else crazy.

360 games now working on Windows 10, maybe even Xbox One games running on Windows 10.

The OP article doesn't mention anything about planning any announcements at the event so I wouldn't expect something like that. If they do it, it will be saved for E3 or something I suspect, unless they give us more details on the event and say announcements are due

What's this?
Them having an event to show their upcoming games is damage control?

SONYSONYSONYSONYSONYUNCHARTEDUNCHARTEDUNCHARTEDYAWNYAWNYAWN

JaggedSac

I don't really see why he wouldn't get involved... Satya has been all about getting rid of the bloat and having the entire company pushing in the same direction, reducing how segregated divisions and teams are so everyone is talking and working together.

I'd be more surprised if he wasn't involved at all, he might not lead the project but I bet they would sit him round the table during planning and development and get his input.

True. He is in charge of all hardware going forward.

Justinh

Just want to see that 360 games are purchasable on the Xbox One store and a Phantom Dust anything would be swell...

MS love to blow their load at E3, don't expect any announcements prior.

I'd actually say the contrary is true. The past 2 years they've had a progression of announcements in the May to early June timeframe leading up to E3, I expect it will be similar this year. For example: 2 years ago, I think we got Kinect-less bundle news and SO gameplay in May. Last year, Halo 5 was on the GI cover for June (before E3).

Miles X

Feb 25th:

Ashen
Inside (maybe)
Quantum Break
The Division
Cuphead
Superhot
Gigantic
Fable Legends
Cobalt

Build:
Crackdown!

E3:
Sea of Thieves
ReCore
Gears 4
Forza Horizon 3
Halo Wars 2
?
Team Dakota? PS released 2014.

Gamescom
Pit People
Rare - Battletoads?
Lionheads second project? Has been in the pipeline long enough.

I'd actually say the contrary is true. The past 2 years they've had a progression of announcements in the May to early June timeframe leading up to E3, I expect it will be similar this year. For example: 2 years ago, I think we got Kinect-less bundle news and SO gameplay in May. Last year, Halo 5 was on the GI cover for June (before E3).

I meant new game announcements.

Rembrandt

Banned

lol.

Universal apps. bring them to me.

morpix

I'd re-buy an XBone in a heartbeat if they announced a Slim that can go vertically.
KI Season 3 will be shown at the KI World Cup, so I guess only a character reveal at this one.

All I expect is
Something from KI Season 3
Inside (please, it's been like 2 years and we've seen nothing)
Below
Gears PC footage
Gears 4 beta footage/hands on
Cobalt
Cuphead
Superhot
Fable: Legends
Quantum Break
Maybe something from Recore

Hopes and Dreams:
Phantom Dust is shown not to be dead
LO2 announced
M+KB support announced for gaming

RoKKeR

Is this still the only source for this? It's a smart move, even if there aren't any huge reveals/announcements.

games-for-windows-live-5.jpg

You know it will be this!

ElRenoRaven

Finally they will announce Master Chief Collection for Windows 10. It will include Halo: Reach also and all the bugs from the xbone version will be fixed.

rrs

maybe some forza horizon 2 and sunset overdrive for PC this time??? no more throwing random games at pc please

modalife

Banned
Probably all about games for XBO/W10. An Xbox One S would be pretty big news, and probably saved for E3.

It seems like Xbox and Windows are becoming synonymous in MS vocabulary.

Bsigg12

They are

http://www.zdnet.com/article/further-consolidation-coming-across-microsoft-devices-services/#!

Thing I worry about is that the latest devices under him, while innovative, have had some issues and they are expensive.

While the charger issue sucks, the Surface line is a pretty great set of products that continue to get better. They're priced to around their competition so seeing an Xbox designed from the ground up to be ground breaking and competitive to the nth degree from Panos and his team would be something else.

rrs

Like, what microsoft publishes on PC seems to be everything except all the larger titles which seems to be at odds at treating W10 and Xbox One as equals

Grisby

Not holding my breath for anything big, but it's cool that they're finally putting on something.

Those 'X' events were pretty neat back in the day.

Bessy67

Like, what microsoft publishes on PC seems to be everything except all the larger titles which seems to be at odds at treating W10 and Xbox One as equals
Of course they're hesitant to put the brands that define Xbox on PC. Xbox One doesn't have the 3rd party advantage that Xbox 360 did so exclusive games are pretty much the only selling point for the console. Take those away and Xbox One is pretty much done.

Top Bottom