• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft will be at PAX Prime this weekend with Xbox One, games, “surprises”

biRdy

Old Killer Instinct news, parroted by one of the game's developers, and an old BF4 trailer.

Why are they even bothering with this?

This championship is entertaining, but would be nice if they actually showed some new stuff.

Ouch. Singer is awful.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't she just some fan that does musical covers of songs from games she likes? Kind of cool for MS to bring her in and let her perform for this. Better than a performance by Beyonce or something.

biRdy

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't she just some fan that does musical covers of songs from games she likes? Kind of cool for MS to bring her in and let her perform for this. Better than a performance by Beyonce or something.

Not 100% sure, but its nice to see performances by people who actually have an interest in Halo, instead of just paying someone that has never played Halo to perform.

Possum

Goddamn, it was RYSE footage.

Ugh

Also some reiterations of previously known Killer Instinct info, an old BF4 trailer, and a Titanfall trailer.

I'll probably be attacked for this but, this game looks awesome but all the impressions I've heard from people getting hands on is really disappointing.

I agree. But I can also see where the concerns are coming from.

I honestly think that Ryse trailer just shown was pretty good.

Incredibly repetitive and shallow, but also looks like I could have some fun playing it. After all, I finished and enjoyed Ninety-Nine Nights, this can't be much worse.

It's just sad because it seems like such a wasted opportunity.

VRMN

The Ryse trailer was pretty good, I thought. I have a hard time getting worried about these finishing moves being more or less QTEs, because that's what God of War did and it worked perfectly well for that. I care more about the combat leading up to those finishers, which is where God of War shone. They haven't shown enough of that stuff for me to get a feel for that in Ryse.

The thing that's weirding me out is their seeming focus in these playable demos on a multiplayer mode I couldn't care less about. For me, the game is going to live or die by its single player.

I'll probably be attacked for this but, this game looks awesome but all the impressions I've heard from people getting hands on is really disappointing.

Ryse looks amazing. I really hope the final game lives up to its potential. Yes, there's a lot of really bad gifs/pics/impressions floating around, but I'm really hoping that's just pre-release jank that gets fixed before release.

Skeff

Ryse Looks like I'd buy it at £4 in a few years for the single player campaign, I really wanted Ryse to be good...The IP seems fanastic, it's just a shame the game looks completely terrible.

Feindflug

Incredibly repetitive and shallow, but also looks like I could have some fun playing it. After all, I finished and enjoyed Ninety-Nine Nights, this can't be much worse.

It's just sad because it seems like such a wasted opportunity.

I totally agree, maybe a different studio would've been a better choice for this game...who knows maybe the game at first person could've been a better fit for Crytek. That being said the game looks really good graphically.

About the tournament I am really enjoying it thus far, some really intense fights with some really cool kills...the whole vibe is really positive.

Pistola ftw! :p

ZQQLANDER

Are these just semi-standard announcers or is it just hard announcing Halo as a sport? Seems like the latter to me.

Sydle

So RYSE looked really good. Maybe they'll clean it up a bit more in time for launch, but they are cutting it close. Makes me wish MS wouldn't have forced this as a Kinect game in the beginning, seems they MAY have something in a new IP here.

bidguy

Banned
So RYSE looked really good. Maybe they'll clean it up a bit more in time for launch, but they are cutting it close. Makes me wish MS wouldn't have forced this as a Kinect game in the beginning, seems they MAY have something in a new IP here.

hope thats just because its alpha gameplay but the amount of blood was way too low. otherwise it looked pretty good

VRMN

Wow. This has actually been pretty awesome as a tournament. I wasn't expecting anything, but it's been really entertaining.

Top Bottom