• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft will be streaming the Switch version of Minecraft on April 18th

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Man, I own this game on 4 different consoles, what's another one to the pile. This will be a great game for the pick up and play.

jariw

Was the Wii U version ever patched with this?

No, Minecraft on Wii U was just an ordinary console version port with the Mario content and the option to play single player on the Gamepad.

Terraria OTOH was the Wii U port that got it right.

Cerium

Man, I own this game on 4 different consoles, what's another one to the pile. This will be a great game for the pick up and play.
Portability is a big deal, especially in Japan. If I recall correctly, the Vita version was the most successful game on that platform in Japan, right? I seem to remember something like that.

Portability is a big deal, especially in Japan. If I recall correctly, the Vita version was the most successful game on that platform in Japan, right? I seem to remember something like that.

It is and i Wouldnt be surprised if the vita version is the most successful game on it worldwide

I just came here to say that if Microsoft ever bought Nintendo I'd probably die. Don't get me wrong, I loved the og Xbox back in the day, I use a Surface, I enjoyed the Zune.

But Microsoft would fail Nintendo and their fans so hard. Mario and Pokemon would pretty much be the only surviving IP published with any regularity. All the other studios would wither away on games like Kinect Adventures and Phantom Dust 3.

Then those studioa would be shuttered and we'd get our annualized Mario, Pokemon Go 2 and 3 would be celebrated, and that would be almost it. Maybe Link gets into Killer Instinct at some point too.

baconcow

I really hope they manage to get the PS4/Xbox One sized worlds. After playing those versions, I don't think I could go back to the much smaller PS3/Xbox 360/Wii U world size.

Celine

By leaps and bounds.
Vita true killer app in Japan which came late and lifted up sales.

Symphonia

Banned
They belong to Microsoft, yes. But still they are the Minecraft UK Live Streaming Channel, so it would be more accurate to use this in the title, instead of Microsoft. Kinda reaching... As if satya nadella is now going there and streaming minecraft lol
You literally just admitted Minecraft UK Live are owned by Microsoft, then go on to say it's not Microsoft streaming, although you had just admitted the two are one and the same. What's your beef?

I know people saying they would hate if MS bought Nintendo but I would probably prefer it . Probably one of the only people that feels that way but either way its not going to happen so oh well

I know people saying they would hate if MS bought Nintendo but I would probably prefer it . Probably one of the only people that feels that way but either way its not going to happen so oh well

Why would you prefer it? Microsoft's first party output is pretty low and it seems rare for them to greenlight projects. Nintendo always puts games out that they know won't sell millions (Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2 for instance), if they were part of Microsoft they wouldn't be the same company anymore.

I also don't want the only drastically different machine on the market to go away, competition is great.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
First I've heard. I know they thought they had Donkey Kong when buying Rare,

I believe Microsoft tried to buy Nintendo when they (Microsoft) were first entering the console market.

Microsoft buying Nintendo, not that it would happen, could be good or bad depending on how Microsoft lets Nintendo operate. It would be good in terms of production and hardware as Microsoft would make products like the Switch better, but Nintendo is nothing if it isn't allowed to innovate.

Regardless, it's cool that Microsoft is handling Minecraft well.

I believe Microsoft tried to buy Nintendo when they (Microsoft) were first entering the console market.

Microsoft buying Nintendo, not that it would happen, could be good or bad depending on how Microsoft lets Nintendo operate. It would be good in terms of production and hardware as Microsoft would make products like the Switch better, but Nintendo is nothing if it isn't allowed to innovate.

Regardless, it's cool that Microsoft is handling Minecraft well.

I honestly don't think Microsoft could have made the Switch better. From a hardware perspective the thing is designed about as well as it can be considering the price and size. They could have made the OS better for sure but unless it was the price of a Surface or had a 30 minute battery the Switch is about as good as it can get.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I honestly don't think Microsoft could have made the Switch better. From a hardware perspective the thing is designed about as well as it can be considering the price and size. They could have made the OS better for sure but unless it was the price of a Surface or had a 30 minute battery the Switch can't get much better.

I meant in terms of the OS, Virtual Console (Microsoft owns backwards compatibility as far as how well it's done and with Microsoft's policy of own it once, own it forever, older Nintendo game ownership would cross systems), achievements, general online practices, etc.

Production shortages would probably be a non-issue too.

I meant in terms of the OS, Virtual Console (Microsoft owns backwards compatibility and with Microsoft's policy of own it once, own it forever, older Nintendo game ownership would cross systems), achievements, general online practices, etc.

Oh yeah for sure then. If MS thrive in anything it's making software.

Gowans

Dont think I have or ever will buy a game so many times on as many platforms, Switch has got to be the last one, surely.

I'd imagine much more upgrades, since the Switch has 6X more RAM available than PS360.

It will be interesting indeed. Microsoft didn't make the most out of the Wii U's features when it came to the gamepad so I'll be interested in seeing how much effort goes into this version.

Why would you prefer it? Microsoft's first party output is pretty low and it seems rare for them to greenlight projects. Nintendo always puts games out that they know won't sell millions (Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2 for instance), if they were part of Microsoft they wouldn't be the same company anymore.

I also don't want the only drastically different machine on the market to go away, competition is great.

Maybe not prefer as much as wouldn't mind. I think the current after 2013 MS would handle owning Nintendo differently than earlier MS . Just a opinion though

FStubbs

Microsoft has never had a problem supporting Nintendo handhelds. Didn't Viva Pinata and Blue Dragon see DS releases?

Maybe not prefer as much as wouldn't mind. I think the current after 2013 MS would handle owning Nintendo differently than earlier MS . Just a opinion though

When it comes to exclusive titles the Microsoft of the present seems more interested in putting out games that are guaranteed to sell millions like Gears of War, Halo and Forza. I don't think it's a coincidence that Fable Legends, Scalebound and the Phantom Dust Reimagining were cancelled in a fairly short period. If Microsoft were in charge of Nintendo I think we would see even less of the IP's people are clamoring for. It would be Mario, Zelda, Pokemon and little else. Heck they've owned Rare for over 15 years and we still haven't had a sequel to Conker, a Banjo platformer or honestly much else at all.

Microsoft are a great company but them having Nintendo wouldn't benefit us.

How well on WiiU?

VERY well. I believe it may be second only to the Vita version in Japan in terms of sales, and is actually likely MS' most successful game in Japan of all time. It recently passed 300k in Japan and only Blue Dragon on 360 is behind it (that we know of) at around 200k.

MS only published the 360, XBO, and Wii U versions in Japan. Sony published their versions in Japan.

Microsoft has never had a problem supporting Nintendo handhelds. Didn't Viva Pinata and Blue Dragon see DS releases?

Yepper. Even stranger? Blue Dragon Plus was co-developed by Brownie Brown. a NINTENDO-owned developer (now they're 1-UP Studio). o_O

Really, MS would benefit so much by putting their family IPs on Switch like Rare's, Blinx (hey, it has potential!), Blue Dragon, etc,

Also hard to believe there's been two DS Blue Dragon games, and only one 360 Blue Dragon game.

Top Bottom