• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft's E3 conference date is Monday, June 10th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nafai1123

Banned
The policy on used games is the same as Sony"The decision is up to the publisher".
Why I do not see the same tragedy for the ps4?

Sony's confirmed games can only be given once...with the publishers permission? Sony's confirmed used gamed can only be bought/sold at participating retailers? It's not the same thing. If Sony reveals they have the same policies, expect equal outrage against them.

RiPPn

Banned
I found a picture of an early Xbox One prototype:

ZO5Gbe0.jpg

Ales

Neo Member
Sony's confirmed games can only be given once...with the publishers permission? Sony's confirmed used gamed can only be bought/sold at participating retailers? It's not the same thing. If Sony reveals they have the same policies, expect equal outrage against them.

After E3 there will be much to laugh.IMHO publisher,MS and Sony have agreed on these policies for a long time.Sony is simply delaying in giving the details.Hope I'm wrong.

Mr Swine

Banned
How many hours left till MS conference? Are they first? Sorry if I'm asking but I don't know what 6:30PM is in my time zone :/

Miles X

http://www.gamesradar.com/viva-pinata-3-what-we-want-to-see/

Great article on what Gamesradar would like to see in Viva Pinata 3. Personally I'd just like it to be more open world like. (Though it is for 360, didn't notice that!) still valid :p

How many hours left till MS conference? Are they first? Sorry if I'm asking but I don't know what 6:30PM is in my time zone :/

21 hours 40 minutes. Yes they're before Sony, Sony is 7 hours after MS finish.

Jondoyle123

Neo Member
After E3 there will be much to laugh.IMHO publisher,MS and Sony have agreed on these policies for a long time.Sony is simply delaying in giving the details.Hope I'm wrong.

do you all come out the woodwork at the same time ? so much fucking negativity floating around

Alx

If you have a 360, install the live event application, it is running a countdown to the conference.

(right now, 21 hours and 29 minutes left)

jbug617

Banned

If you are talking about watching the GT Pre-Show (where there are some game announcements) starts around 21hrs from now

OryoN

The policy on used games is the same as Sony"The decision is up to the publisher".
Why I do not see the same tragedy for the ps4?

Because:

1) The post you quoted mentioned "drm and used game policies," not just the latter. You only focused on a very small portion of the overall picture to make your comparison.
2) "The decision is up to the publisher" statement is just one aspect(not all) of Microsoft's used games policy. That alone doesn't make it the same as Sony's.
3) Most of all, nothing Sony announced, thus far, is as tragic as what Microsoft is setting out to do.

Of course, Sony could drop some info at E3 that could bring PS4's policies much closer XBO's, but until that happen, it's really not that hard to see why one console is currently more reproached than the other. Don't worry, we'll soon get to see what Sony's official stance is, and how "fair" gamers/journalists are in comparing policies on both consoles.

Perkel

Banned
I posted this in TW3 rumor thread:

I opened up CD PROJECT stock to see in what state they are and:

Looks like in may just before E3 ton of people buy their stock. Which means maybe investors know something we don't know

Maybe RED at MS conf is a thing ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom