• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft's E3 conference date is Monday, June 10th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Computer

When it comes to the NSA scandal blame the American government. I can bet that these companies did not have a choice in this deal. The Government is a very corrupt organization. So you can boycott Microsoft but it will be pointless. They still spy on you through your phone.

FGMPR

Banned
So that whole Reddit astroturfing thing was complete bullshit. Big surprise.

The mods have been banning posters left, right and center on GAF. So if you are implying that this forum hasn't been infected with their taint, or that Microsoft are "innocent" of being behind such tactics, then you would be wrong.

Mik_Pad

Banned
After this E3 I think I'll buy a 360 (I hope the rumors about a smaller and cheaper 360's are true) since there is no BC in The X1 and play all those games I have missed for 2-3 years until all this DRM bull is settled and the X1 has a bigger catalog of games.

Klocker

wow... yes between that and the GPU down clock nonsense, it's almost the opposite whereby it is an underground collusion to discredit MS and Xbox due to the no more disc sharing policies

The mods have been banning posters left, right and center on GAF. So if you are implying that this forum hasn't been infected with their taint, or that Microsoft are "innocent" of being behind such tactics, then you would be wrong.

or perhaps you sir, would be wrong. Non of us know the details. I have a hard time believing these practices come directly form corporate policies within MS or Sony.

Having an opposite opinion of others and being bad at expressing it in defense of the anger toward something you are excited about is not the same as a pile of shills... although I would assume they exist on BOTH sides.

SHOCKING!

Not surprised that it got 25 pages, anything even resembling bad news really amps up the paranoia in a select group of posters. The funny thing is that it doesn't even matter- even after that reddit mod came out, there are still people saying "It doesn't matter. Microsoft clearly is doing this" as if other companies don't engage in the same behavior.

Unfortunately, the posters who contributed to that 25 page shitshow are really taking over right now and its almost a blessing that GAF will (likely) be down for E3 so those reactionaries can relax a bit. I'm actually shocked I haven't been accused of being a shill yet.

Alx

As for NeoGaf, I would say that I have seen "FUD juniors" of all types, so I wouldn't single out Microsoft, but I don't think they're clean either. This "war" is just dirty.

SPDIF

The mods have been banning posters left, right and center on GAF. So if you are implying that this forum hasn't been infected with their taint, or that Microsoft/Google/Apple/Sony/Samsung are "innocent" of being behind such tactics, then you would be wrong.

Fixed.

Every company does it, not that that makes it ok. Besides he's talking about the case of Microsoft specifically targeting Reddit, which did turn out to be false.

I dont know if I am partial to Microsoft or whatever, but even though it has been a horrendous month for them, Im actually more excited for this E3 conference and the X1 than I am for the Sony one (and yeah, Im still debating X1 vs PS4 for my new console fix). Cant wait to see what they have in store for us!!!

Klocker

the 360 has around 250gflops

and if I could just add... GPU FLOPS (MS has pointed to 1.2 TF) is nowhere near the end all be all of system power, CPU, RAM, ESRAM, other helper chips, all will contribute to the perceived "power" of the machine compared to 360

Speaking of gifs from the old thread, this one is far more awesome than any I could ever make. Shame it's PGR though, never really cared for it. I do like me some Forza though.

igtl9b3wi4rmhpolel.gif

I hope they dont bring back any of the same people from the Xbone reveal. Except maybe Donn Mattrick so he can come out and apologize to gamers.

jbug617

Banned
So a Polish weekly saying The Witcher 3 will be at Microsoft's press conference.

Games we probably will see

TitanFall
The Witcher 3
Forza 5
Quantum Break
Rare's Historic IP

RETROEX

Hey, some interesting info here.

http://translate.google.com/transla...40-oculus-rift-e3-xbox-one-i-prochiy-oftopik/

This is ukranian gaming podcast wich is running by one of the Prime World: Defender's devs in his blog. They just air a newest show, recorded yesterday from LA where they talks about e3. And at the end they spoiled that some ukranian studio is making a big free-to-play game for microsoft. All names were cuted out obviously.

Any idea what studio is?... CDp?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
So a Polish weekly saying The Witcher 3 will be at Microsoft's press conference.

Games we probably will see

TitanFall
The Witcher 3
Forza 5
Quantum Break
Rare's Historic IP

They should have enough exclusives for the 90 minutes. Don't see why they would waste time on The Witcher.

Ales

Neo Member
I don't think it matters what games they show. The drm and used game policies are as close to moral and political views you can get in gaming. As long as those exist the majority of the hardcore gaming fans and press will be opposed to the Xbox One. I assume MS knew there would be some backlash but I doubt they knew how large and unified the backlash would be. As shown by their confusing post announcement press releases and interviews.

The policy on used games is the same as Sony"The decision is up to the publisher".
Why I do not see the same tragedy for the ps4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom