• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft's E3 conference date is Monday, June 10th

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=560438&page=1

Follow these first pages before the reveal, this hype was all about games, and guess what? GAMES INBOUND!!!

Sorry, I am uper hyped for new announcements, e3 time is the best time...or can be depending on whether or not the platform holders actually put on a good show.

As far as asking you to teach me how, I was refering to you saying you could feel the smell. I found it funny and wanted to point it out ;P

oVerde

Banned
Sorry, I am uper hyped for new announcements, e3 time is the best time...or can be depending on whether or not the platform holders actually put on a good show.

As far as asking you to teach me how, I was refering to you saying you could feel the smell. I found it funny and wanted to point it out ;P
oh! Ahaha is it okay in English someone saying that something is so near that you can almost feel the smell of it, right? I know that this expression is okay in Portuguese :p

Alpende

1630 GMT? :/

It's BST in the UK right, so 17:30?

At least that's what Xbox UK just posted on Facebook. I hope so, because I have a hospital appointment at 16:30. :(

Well the event is at 18:30 in the Netherlands and we are 1 hour ahead of you, so yes 17:30 for the UK.

Alx

So, the conference will not be watchable on XBL ? I didn't notice any announcement on the dashboard yesterday. That's strange, considering it worked fine for the reveal.

Miles X

So, the conference will not be watchable on XBL ? I didn't notice any announcement on the dashboard yesterday. That's strange, considering it worked fine for the reveal.

Watch the main event live at 12:30p ET/9:30a PT/16:30 GMT via the live global stream that will be available on Xbox LIVE and Xbox.com.

Majanew

Banned
0QEpsuh.png

Alx

Watch the main event live at 12:30p ET/9:30a PT/16:30 GMT via the live global stream that will be available on Xbox LIVE and Xbox.com.

Ho cool thanks. I still think they should advertise it on the dashboard like they did for the previous event, but I suppose there is still time for that.
I just watched the video teaser, too. It may be a silly detail, but I really like that shade of green they're using for the X1. Much better than the 360 green.

Wonder what the chances of Cry On being resurrected, its a shame cause the idea and artwork was beautiful

I'd love it, but there's almost zero chance. For starters, I don't know who would resurrect it since AQ Interactive who were supposed to publish it don't exist anymore. Cavia, who were Mistwalker's partner for the project don't exist anymore either.

Hindle

Banned
I mentioned this earlier but I'm interested in the multiplayer for Ryse. Chariot races or one vs ine fights to the death would be awesome.

oVerde

Banned
I mentioned this earlier but I'm interested in the multiplayer for Ryse. Chariot races or one vs ine fights to the death would be awesome.
Indeed multiplayer Kinect games were very playful, still playing them, whatever how it ends to be multiplayer will be cool for sure Crytek can do no wrong with MS helping.

Hindle

Banned
Indeed multiplayer Kinect games were very playful, still playing them, whatever how it ends to be multiplayer will be cool for sure Crytek can do no wrong with MS helping.

I think they'll do different modes for Kinect and the controller. I'm interested as to what they do for the controller really. Ancient Rome is so ripe for possibilities.

JudgeB

Banned
On a side note, remember all those space-cases who thought Sony's shares rising on the 21st were due to some perceived strength in the (meaningless) console scene? That pretty much encapsulates the majority of the console discussion here right now.

The funny part is that since thw 21st, Sony has dropped in stock to a lower amount than they were at the day before the MS reveal. MS has also rebounded since the reveal drop in stock and is now 50cents higher than it was the day before the reveal. Just another point of how the stock price was being used as "ammo", and that it ultimately meant NOTHING.

Not to go off on some stock rant, or to complain though, so let's get back to the topic on hand...GAMES

Bring on the GAMES and many will all of a sudden put the rest of the stuff in the back of their minds, at least a little bit I think. I'm very excited to see what they have in store, and what Sony has in store as well. The only negative about Sony is that perhaps they showed too many exclusives at their reveal and might not have as much BIG exclusives to show at E3. MS SHOULD be at an advantage to drop some bombs.

Gorki247

It doesn't seem like Lionhead's game with MMO elements is a full-on MMORPG.

I imagine it will have some persistent world elements to it, but I doubt it will be anything like your standard MMO. In fact, with promised cloud processing, I can see a lot of Xbox One games being like that.

So considering that job advert was referring to the "development of a major brand new IP", I assume this MMO-like game won't be Fable.

What are the chances that Lionhead are working on two next-gen games; this new IP and Fable IV?

As a fan of the franchise, I'm obviously excited for Anniversary but I hope it isn't their last Fable game and would like to see it continue on Xbox One. I think they can turn it around (even though I enjoyed every installment).

Satchel

Banned
Will the Xbone be the first console to release with a backlog?

Seriously, the confirmed/rumoured launch lineup looks fucking ridonkulous.

daebo

Oooooh yes....

So I subscribe to Game Informer through Google Play and my tablet just downloaded the July issue which has this on the cover. Did someone fuck up?

According to article it is Xbox One and PC. With a 360 version being developed by someone else. Game uses cloud a bunch apparently.

So considering that job advert was referring to the "development of a major brand new IP", I assume this MMO-like game won't be Fable.

What are the chances that Lionhead are working on two next-gen games; this new IP and Fable IV?

As a fan of the franchise, I'm obviously excited for Anniversary but I hope it isn't their last Fable game and would like to see it continue on Xbox One. I think they can turn it around (even though I enjoyed every installment).

Fable will definitely continue. If Fable IV is not in full production already, it will be.

Crazy that they mock Microsoft for a comment Respawn made about the Cloud. And by "they" I mean the usual suspects.

Hmmmm if only someone would.comment in some sort of documentary fashion how people can often act like they know more than they actually do. Maybe the folks over at gametrailers could accommodate?

Dabanton

The reaction in the Titanfall thread is priceless.

The game sounds great though. Great pickup by MS moneyhats or not.

And from the looks of things maybe this is why Sony has courted Bungie/Activison for Destiny.

They see it as a nice counterpoint obviously that game is third party but they have exclusive elements and will probably have PS4 lead marketing etc.

abadguy

Banned
They're dragging this out aren't they! At GamesCom we'll then have to wait for TGS :)

Guessing that's where MS Osaka's game will dabut, assuming it's far enough along to show anything. Also just saw the Titanfall thread, game sounds amazing! If they deliver on what they are talking i may just have to get that as well as Destiny. Also lol at the amount of salt in that thread.

Will the Xbone be the first console to release with a backlog?

Seriously, the confirmed/rumoured launch lineup looks fucking ridonkulous.
Where can i see the list of rumored/confirmed launch titles?

The reaction in the Titanfall thread is priceless.

The game sounds great though. Great pickup by MS moneyhats or not.

And from the looks of things maybe this is why Sony has courted Bungie/Activison for Destiny.

They see it as a nice counterpoint obviously that game is third party but they have exclusive elements and will probably have PS4 lead marketing etc.

Surprised its coming Spring 14'

thats like baby months after the X1 launch no? :O

Dabanton

Surprised its coming Spring 14'

thats like baby months after the X1 launch no? :O

That makes sense as it will be a great lead in to the second round of software.

Plus of course it avoids CoD:Ghosts and more importantly as no doubt what IW or rather Respawn learned when they made MW a good beta can turn just another FPS game into a phenomenon. I'm sure anyone who was in the legendary CoD:MW beta on the 360 will say how that game became a damm addiction to a lot of people.

I expect the announcement of a beta next year.

Titanfall sounds very cool.

I still need Microsoft to convince me about this cloud nonsense... say it works as they suggest it does and the Xbox One goes from 10 times more powerful than the 360 to 40 times... I guess the specs don't really matter that much and games will just scale ala PC?

Very confusing.

daebo

I still need Microsoft to convince me about this cloud nonsense... say it works as they suggest it does and the Xbox One goes from 10 times more powerful than the 360 to 40 times... I guess the specs don't really matter that much and games will just scale ala PC?

Very confusing.

I'm just convinced that games that take advantage of it will be like MMOs. changing the enemy AI - events - stuff like that w/o having to download additional content to change the AI. I think it's a cool idea to move MMO style eventing to consoles.

With that being said, I've already got titanfall fatigue from that other thread. I've backed out of it.

Very confusing.

That's sort of what it sounds like, I suppose. Offloading huge amounts of data to server side ala MMOs allowing devs to overcome RAM restrictions, in theory.

We still know so little about it or what potential it could have, so I'm holding off judgement until we learn more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom