• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft's E3 conference date is Monday, June 10th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Titanfall sounds very cool.

I still need Microsoft to convince me about this cloud nonsense... say it works as they suggest it does and the Xbox One goes from 10 times more powerful than the 360 to 40 times... I guess the specs don't really matter that much and games will just scale ala PC?

Very confusing.

The 40x number is just PR talk. That doesn't mean cloud processing can't be useful though. The usefulness depends entirely on the on developer.

Ashes

Banned
The reaction in the Titanfall thread is priceless.

The game sounds great though. Great pickup by MS moneyhats or not.

And from the looks of things maybe this is why Sony has courted Bungie/Activison for Destiny.

They see it as a nice counterpoint obviously that game is third party but they have exclusive elements and will probably have PS4 lead marketing etc.

Destiny is coming to everything I think. And some of the mods are claiming that Titanfall is a timed exclusive.

I'm not sure what to think. I was excited by the dev/concept, but reading the rest of the op, it sounds very pr-ish, with the comments etc. Feels like an mmo or something quite like it. Need more info.

derFeef

Titanfall looks awesome, and it's not one of the 15 exclusives I assume because published by EA and on PC/360.

I guess you can count that. The question is ... at MS conference, or at EA conference? I am going to say Microsoft as it uses the cloud, Smartglass and Kinect.

so basically X1 gets Destiny same time as PS4 version this year, while PS4 has to wait probably a year for TitanFall to hit. Sounds like X1 won that round to me.

Miles X

I guess you can count that. The question is ... at MS conference, or at EA conference? I am going to say Microsoft as it uses the cloud, Smartglass and Kinect.

It may be there but it isn't 1 of the 15 MS published exclusives.

I think it'll be at both, looks like a heavy hitter.

so basically X1 gets Destiny same time as PS4 version this year, while PS4 has to wait probably a year for TitanFall to hit. Sounds like X1 won that round to me.

I would hedge my bets on it not getting it at all.

DEADEVIL

In Regards to' Titan', Was intitially excited just to see what Respawn was working on all this time, but wow after the leak I'm definately stoked to see the game in action at E3.

Ashes

Banned

It might have won more than that. If sales pick up such as in Mass Effect and Cod. So most players buy the x1 version for sequels.

I would hedge my bets on it not getting it at all.

They didn't rule out working on other consoles. That in it self means it's coming some time down the line. At least that's my take if I didn't trust the mods.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Titanfall news was nice to wake up to this morning, would be better if it was a surprise bit it kind of was already rumored to be a Xbox One exclusive. Good news!

Izick

Titanfall sounds really awesome. Wish we could see what it looks like though. I really like that it's 60FPS though; seems like one of their principles from CoD 4.

Miles X

It might have won more than that. If sales pick up such as in Mass Effect and Cod. So most players buy the x1 version for sequels.

They didn't rule out working on other consoles. That in it self means it's coming some time down the line. At least that's my take if I didn't trust the mods.

No it doesn't, they said they were looking at other platforms in the future but wanted this game to be exclusive.

I mean, it wouldn't surprise me if it went to PS4, but I see a similar situation to ME1 on 360, with ME2 and 3 going to PS3. Something similar I bet.

Titanfall sounds really awesome. Wish we could see what it looks like though. I really like that it's 60FPS though; seems like one of their principles from CoD 4.

Same, I'm not sure if/how the cloud comes into it, but this plus Forza 5 running in native 1080p at 60fps makes me very excited for next gen.

Did someone say Crackdown 3 with destructible city? Did someone say next gen State of Decay?

HELL F'ING YEAH TO BOTH!

I really hope we do see a new CD3. Will it be enough to convince me to buy a One day one? I guess we'll see, but for now I'm firmly committed to building a new gaming PC.

Hindle

Banned
I'm really interested to see if Titanfall is a Gears style partnership. The games stay exclusive as long as MS supply the cheques.

Miles X

How does every X1 thread, even great news like Titanfall manage to fall into such a mess, what is wrong with some people 0_o

It has me really excited, the whole thing feels like a nex gen game which I havn't felt from anything else I've seen so far (save for Quantum Break I guess, but know very little about it)

Izick

Same, I'm not sure if/how the cloud comes into it, but this plus Forza 5 running in native 1080p at 60fps makes me very excited for next gen.

Wait, did they confirm F5 as being 1080p? That's really cool! Doesn't affect me that much, as I have a 720p TV, but I'm happy for others who have a better one!

Now all we need is a next-gen versions of Saints Row IV and MGS V and we can call it a day!

How does every X1 thread, even great news like Titanfall manage to fall into such a mess, what is wrong with some people 0_o

It has me really excited, the whole thing feels like a nex gen game which I havn't felt from anything else I've seen so far (save for Quantum Break I guess, but know very little about it)

Better just to ignore those people.

Like, for that thread in particular, I scanned the first few posts for info and bounced as soon as I could. I knew nothing would come out of it as long as the game was console exclusive to the One. I'd rather talk about it in here.

I love the "that's Microsoft's only megaton leaked then lol" comments.

Nope.

It was rumoured to be their biggest third party exclusive no?

Leaks suck anyways. They take away all the excitement of reveals. Hope no more happen to anyone.

What do you mean "feels"? Just curious.

Wait, did they confirm F5 as being 1080p? That's really cool! Doesn't affect me that much, as I have a 720p TV, but I'm happy for others who have a better one!

Yep confirmed 1080p native. A lot of meltdowns from the usual suspects while you slept over that one.

It was rumoured to be their biggest third party exclusive no?

Leaks suck anyways. They take away all the excitement of reveals. Hope no more happen to anyone.

The magazine was going to be out before the presser anyway, it seems.

I'm sure MS have a lot more up their sleeve. Black Tusk comes to mind.

Edit; lol double

Izick

Yep confirmed 1080p native. A lot of meltdowns from the usual suspects while you slept over that one.

Nice! I know people immediately jumped to the "yeah well...it's not 1080p! What resolution!?!?" bullshit. Damn, this is awesome!

EDIT: Also, Titanfall isn't there biggest third party exclusive to me. I still want to see Mirror's Edge or that rumored Insomniac game. I don't even know if those are real, or if they're exclusive, bot those would be bigger to me. Not sure how others feel though.

Ashes

Banned
No it doesn't, they said they were looking at other platforms in the future but wanted this game to be exclusive.

I mean, it wouldn't surprise me if it went to PS4, but I see a similar situation to ME1 on 360, with ME2 and 3 going to PS3. Something similar I bet.

That's one way to read it. ;)

abadguy

Banned

Holy shit at the Forza 1080p 60 fps thread! What a clusterfuck that is.

So now that Titanfall has been confirmed as X1 exclusive after it was rumored by a poster on this site i wonder how many other of the rumored exclusives will be confirmed.Like Hawken,Dead Rising 3 and Insomniac's new IP.

Miles X

That's one way to read it. ;)

I'm just saying what they said ..

"So here's the exclusivity mention: They thought working on PS4, Xbox One and PC would prove too difficult for a small team, so they decided to focus on one console instead of two. (er...). "Not to say we won't [go multiplatform] in the future, but for our first game we wanted to focus on making the best game we could."

I'm really interested to see if Titanfall is a Gears style partnership. The games stay exclusive as long as MS supply the cheques.

It doesn't sound like. Sounds like Respawn are hoping to expand the platforms the game/its sequel is on. Still, would be interesting. I could see MS paying for exclusivity if it proves to be a big success.

Maximilian Kolbe trying to get himself clipped in that Titanfall thread.

Wish he'd read his PMs.

Dude, just let it slide of your back like a water slides off a ducks back or how I managed to slide* away from a horde of zombies in SoD. (*note, there was no sliding, only panicked screaming as the horde approached)

Miles X

It doesn't sound like. Sounds like Respawn are hoping to expand the platforms the game/its sequel is on. Still, would be interesting. I could see MS paying for exclusivity if it proves to be a big success.

Wish he'd read his PMs.

Dude, just let it slide of your back like a water slides off a ducks back or how I managed to slide* away from a horde of zombies in SoD. (*note, there was no sliding, only panicked screaming as the horde approached)

Yeah, I didn't actually read any of that thread, it's just a shame is all. Nothing can stop my hype now! I need 5 games within the first 6 months to pick up an X1, looks like I'm gonna get than handily. Titanfall being the first.

Ashes

Banned
I'm just saying what they said ..

"So here's the exclusivity mention: They thought working on PS4, Xbox One and PC would prove too difficult for a small team, so they decided to focus on one console instead of two. (er...). "Not to say we won't [go multiplatform] in the future, but for our first game we wanted to focus on making the best game we could."

Yeah I read that too.

Izick

Get on that asap, game is stupidly good. Click Miles' tag for details.

It definitely is; I played the demo and loved it, but I'm trying to save up enough Bing rewards so I can buy it. It's too bad, I bet they ditch those Bing rewards come Xbox One, especially with them ditching the points system in favor of money.

m23

So did I read they were working on a single player campaign for TitanFall?

The game just exudes potential to be a system seller.

Cartman posted that there is a one player mode, but not much known about it yet.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
He said he's focusing on MS Studios games. Why would this be his big one? The game itself will be a big reveal (or would have been), but nothing to do with Spencer really.

I don't think he's ever specified it is an MS game. I don't think he's even said it is a game.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Hopefully TitanFall was only supposed to be at the E3 conference because MS can't fit in their show due to the large amount of 1st party games we will see, right guys? Guys?

Izick

Well, all I can say is that even with the new consoles coming out, this year and early next is shaping up to be one of the best in those consoles' life-cycles.

Hopefully TitanFall was only supposed to be at the E3 conference because MS can't fit in their show due to the large amount of 1st party games we will see, right guys? Guys?

Um, yeah....okay.

Anyway, it probably could be that, or maybe GI just wanted to do an exclusive cover story of it because they know it's going to be a big game. It really doesn't point one way or the other.

mikey1123

Too much complaining about the comments going on. Addressing the fanboys are just as bad as their post. I mean, every other post someone is complaining. Just ignore them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom