• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft's E3 conference date is Monday, June 10th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I scan each thread for interesting stuff. The Nintendo thread doesn't seem to be clogged up with MSony stuff for the most part, and this thread doesn't have a ton of PS4 stuff either so far. Obviously discussion about the other consoles is going to spill into the threads, but it's more than that.

Not saying there's necessarily anything wrong with it, just something I noticed.

Lmao. Out of 260 pages there were 2 pages about Xbox. Thats because there has been a lot of leaks and news for it today. At the end of the day we are all gamers and we like to discuss what is happening in the gaming world regardless of company.

They spent $50 million on GTA DLC loan. Yea $1 billion is a big number, but how much for third parties. Should have taken that $400 million of cash down the drain for the NFL and thrown it straight at games.

Not arguments here. I even said as much after they revealed that figure. Seems a terrible waste of money, but that's MS.

TRios Zen

Honestly don't care if Fallout 4 is exclusive or not, as long as it happens. Doesn't mean I'm not aware what a FO4 exclusivity deal could mean in the larger picture, just that knowing it's coming soon would be more important to me than any single system selling point.

I will eventually buy all three next gen systems; the order in which my money is spent is what's being decided Monday. I preferred the 360 this gen, so MS has that good will in their favor, show me enticing games on Monday and I'll put money down to reserve.

statham

Titanfall not at MS press conference?
Electronic Arts ‏@EA 3m

There’s a lot more of Titanfall to be revealed. Tune in to the EA E3 press conference on Monday June 10 at 1pm PDT for the details.

JudgeB

Banned
It's a sickening waste, I can't even process it tbh.

Waste to us maybe, but not to them. To them, it took business away from the PS3 and brought people to them, to buy the multiplat version of the game, and in some cases, to even buy an Xbox. To us it is wasting money since it has no bearing on us, bar us getting content "on time", but to them it is the farthest thing from a waste.

Miles X

Waste to us maybe, but not to them. To them, it took business away from the PS3 and brought people to them, to buy the multiplat version of the game, and in some cases, to even buy an Xbox. To us it is wasting money since it has no bearing on us, bar us getting content "on time", but to them it is the farthest thing from a waste.

Talking about the NFL stuff for Kinect.

It may be at both, the GI article did mention it being at the EA press conference as well. Also, the GI article was going to go live on Sunday, so I don't think Microsoft were counting on it being their showstopper or anything.

DEADEVIL

Storm in a teacup.

Apparently NBA Live 14.

That excites me. But EA has an uphill battle regardless going up against 2K nexrt gen or not.

Would love the option to shoot foul shots with Kinect. Or participate in the All-Star 3 point contest via Kinect 2.0. K Sports already pulled this off with perfection.

FrankT

It may be at both, the GI article did mention it being at the EA press conference as well. Also, the GI article was going to go live on Sunday, so I don't think Microsoft were counting on it being their showstopper or anything.
M

Or this.

Talking about the NFL stuff for Kinect.

The NFL stuff is weird. Sony has Sunday Ticket, but they don't really have quality Sunday Ticket. What they do is charge their users full price for Sunday Ticket, but feed them the Directv mobile feeds (really awful on a big screen), which costs in reality 30-40 dollars. Microsoft spends 400 million on an NFL deal that nets them zero games. Sony users are dumb to overpay for what Directv/Sony are providing them, and MS is dumb to overpay for what the NFL is providing them. My takeaway from all of that is that the NFL are some shrewd motherfuckers.

Titanfall not being at the MS press conference tells you that it was never intended to be a huge reveal for them. Good news, I guess.

Sorry, thought you were referring to the GTA4 DLC, disregard :p.

That was actually a very good investment by MS. Those episodes were better than the base game and by a considerable margin.

More of that and less of wasting money on something that most of the rest of world can't access or has no interest in.

DEADEVIL

Yup, but not Patrick's info so much. At least how I see it now. I expect to see it whether or not there is any truth to a deal in place we shall see.

They spent $50 million on GTA DLC loan. Yea $1 billion is a big number, but how much for third parties. Should have taken that $400 million of cash down the drain for the NFL and thrown it straight at games.

You clearly have no idea how big Football is. Just simply making a game isn't the only way you promote your system.

MasLegio

Banned
sorry for pointing out a thread people might have missed since no once had mentioned these relevant news in the Microsoft E3 Conference thread

keep walking with those blinders on people...

You clearly have no idea how big Football is. Just simply making a game isn't the only way you promote your system.

The NFL is huge. But how does offering me an app that shows scores and stats entice me to buy your console? I can get all of that on my phone, tablet etc. What are Microsoft getting for that 400 million dollar partnership other than the right to call themselves an NFL partner and provide some lame apps you can view while watching a game?

Vico

Well...
It could still be at both press conferences, but they wouldn't word it like that.

I remember years past games being at two conferences.

I know Ubisoft did it last year with Blacklist (Microsot and Ubisoft's press conferences) and ACIII (Sony and Ubisoft's press conferences).
Can't think of such an example with EA.

why?
because business reasons.

RDJkWli.png

untitledytupg.png

I'm guess we get that answer sheet Monday morning before the conference.

m23

TitanFall will be at MS conference one way or another, either a trailer or a short demo. I have a feeling there will be a very heavy focus on first party stuff from them though, and that excites me.

Well...
It could still be at both press conferences, but they wouldn't word it like that.

Something that bothered me about the GI issue was that TitanFall was the only unannounced game in the entire issue.

Now if GI planned for the issue to go out during E3 and didn't want to be behind, they'd have covered everything. Alternatively, if they didn't want to leak, they'd have covered nothing. Why cover just TitanFall?

Not sure if it has anything to do with it appearing at EA's presser or not, but it's strange nonetheless.

Vico

Something that bothered me about the GI issue was that TitanFall was the only unannounced game in the entire issue.

Now if GI planned for the issue to go out during E3 and didn't want to be behind, they'd have covered everything. Alternatively, if they didn't want to leak, they'd have covered nothing. Why cover just TitanFall?

Not sure if it has anything to do with it appearing at EA's presser or not, but it's strange nonetheless.

Well, i'm pretty sure last year's july cover was only about one E3 game too, Gears Judgment.
And we still got some surprises like Watch Dogs.

Miles X

message recieved!!!

only post good news or get banned!!

im out

So you're only interested if you can post bad news? lol There is absolutely no point in shitting up this thread with inconsequential news with the aim being just to shit on the X1. Plenty of other threads you can do that in.

You do know the NFL brings in 9 billion a year right?

Apparently you should only focus on something that's popular worldwide. Catering to one specific market, even if it is by far the biggest market for gaming, is a bad thing. I can understand the complaint that 400 million for apps etc is a bad thing, but to suggest that they shouldnt focus on something simply because it's only popular in the US is just not very bright.

message recieved!!!

only post good news or get banned!!

im out

Or have legitimate complaints that don't come across as some poor attempt at trolling or otherwise attempting to derail a thread that has so far managed (surprisingly) to avoid any major derail.

Still, bye I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom