• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microtransactions coming to destiny

Kiro

I'm glad I didn't get sucked in by the intrigue of TTK. To each their own, but microtransactions are not my cup of tea and are a very slippery slope. Cosmetics to start, but that will change I think.

I don't have a lot of love for Bungee anymore. :( Despite developing a tight game (gameplay wise)

n0razi

Yep... slowly but surely
hqdefault.jpg

MrBS

Maybe if I hold out long enough I can subscribe to Destiny Premium and get an xp boost and some silver every month....

No issues with this for the time being. Now don't go crazy Bungie...

I'm not an expert on Destiny, but doesn't that game have really shitty DLC practices? What about some free content without stuffing in microtransactions then?

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Bring on the pets, shaders and whatever they have so that players can make their character their own. So that they are invested. The bring on the free DLC. :)

Mockerre

Call me old and cynical, but this is what I read:

"We moved on to Destiny 2. For this year we don't have even as much content as there was in the last two small expansions. We couldn't get away with selling it. So we'll give it for free, because then you can't have high expectations and complain about it. But we'd still like some money, so here's some dances/hats and probably XP boosts in the future."

I also had a feeling this would happen, as I believe TTK incorporates some elements of the next 2 small expansions (the post-campaign Vex and Cabal missions, some MP maps) - they used what they had to boost the perceived value of TTK.

GlamFM

Banned
Call me old and cynical, but this is what I read:

"We moved on to Destiny 2. For this year we don't have even as much content as there was in the last two small expansions. We couldn't get away with selling it. So we'll give it for free, because then you can't have high expectations and complain about it. But we'd still like some money, so here's some dances/hats and probably XP boosts in the future."

I also had a feeling this would happen, as I believe TTK incorporates some elements of the next 2 small expansions (the post-campaign Vex and Cabal missions, some MP maps) - they used what they had to boost the perceived value of TTK.

Entirely possible. OK with this.

Despera

Banned
Would it get to the point where I can buy the best gear and quick level up items with a few bucks? I secretly hope so :p

Would love to jump back into the game as I adore the gunplay, but I don't have time to grind for exp/gear on a regular basis.

Would it get to the point where I can buy the best gear and quick level up items with a few bucks? I secretly hope so :p

Would love to jump back into the game as I adore the gunplay, but I don't have time to grind for exp/gear on a regular basis.

no no no no no fuck NO!

FyreWulff

No.

You can already quickly level items by using Motes of Light as of the Taken King, and the game rains Motes upon you like candy.. that was rain.

Despera

Banned
No.

You can already quickly level items by using Motes of Light as of the Taken King, and the game rains Motes upon you like candy.. that was rain.
Yeah a friend told me something like that. Guess I'll give it another shot, but if the game still feels too grindy I'm out.

Sorc3r3r

Yup, called long time ago, Destiny can be and will be a microtransaction heaven.

Emotes are the perfect ice breaker.

jimboton

I don't mind.

I just wish they just used the money to set up dedicated servers in pvp (for Osiris at the very least) and release a couple paid sizable expansions (that include new raids) on top of the free events and updates.

Not sure a sprinkling of new stuff here and there is going to keep many people playing till sep 2016.

Spades

Luke Smith: If I fired up a video right now and showed you the emotes you would
literally now have
to throw money at the screen.

My gut is nodding at this. We'll see.

FyreWulff

This has gone live now.

1$ US = 100 silver.

You can buy Silver in these packs

500 4.99$
1000 + 100 bonus 4.99$
2000 + 300 bonus 19.99$

You can return your 30 most recent purchases for silver in-game within 15 minutes of buying an emote, so you can buy an emote, try it out, and return it and get your silver back immediately.

Deku Tree

This has gone live now.

1$ US = 100 silver.

You can buy Silver in these packs

500 4.99$
1000 + 100 bonus 4.99$
2000 + 300 bonus 19.99$

You can return your 30 most recent purchases for silver in-game within 15 minutes of buying an emote, so you can buy an emote, try it out, and return it and get your silver back immediately.

Some people are saying this doesn't work in game right now... And it doesn't actually let you return them... But you can preview the emotes before buying them anyway.

Top Bottom