• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No. 9 [New images]

no7_o8uvupk.png

no7_o2ihu0e.png

no7_11hauoj.png

no7_10thubb.png

but what we have on display this time around is pretty much the finished product, minus some fine-tuning.

gogojira

I was so hyped for this game during the Kickstarter and now I'm feeling pretty good that I didn't back it. Maybe it'll be awesome and I'll end up scooping it up, but it just looks bad. Like real bad.

methodman

Banned
I woulda enjoyed sprites a lot more... This was the last and final game I ever kickstart (unless there's a monkey Island kickstarter)

Gattsu25

Banned
I've been on a bit of a media blackout...didn't know this game was going to be 3D.

How similar is this game going to be to Mighty GUNVOLT?

All it needs is some good Anti-aliasing..
and an exact release date.

I've been on a bit of a media blackout...didn't know this game was going to be 3D.

How similar is this game going to be to Mighty GUNVOLT?

Indeed. I watched the very first footage of the game, and I'm pretty sure it was a 2D game.
I am somewhat shocked that they went 3D for the relase, in a positive manner.

it still looks so drab. This game should have more color! Mega Man X was colorful as fuck on SNES! I really don't want to believe that their commitment to mobile killed this game's ceiling but that's what it's looking like.

.Anema

I'm kinda disappointed... I mean, this is not what I understand by gorgeous graphics and models, holy shit Inafune :/

Ridley327

Not that the aliasing isn't bad on its own, but man, this art style really doesn't play well with the 2.5D approach. This needed a more capable studio working on the tech to pull it off.

Converse

Banned
I'm sort of glad it looks so shitty. I think the project has displayed some really despicable crowdfunding practices -- the game itself looks so unappealing, it makes it easier for me to write off entirely.

Biker19

Banned
LMFAO, that looks horrible.

How much money did Keiji get from Kickstarter for this project again? $4+ million? And this is the final result? Pitiful.

That looks awful. I would have bought it for the art style alone if it looked anything like the concept picture.
Not even joking when I say Mega Man X looks better.

Ridley327

People like to act like his horrible comebacks are brutal, but this shit is always the one that stuck out as an actual stinger to me.

Inafune was in charge when Clover was shut down, right? I can't imagine there's much love between Inafune and Inaba/Kamiya.

Top Bottom