• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No. 9 |OT| The Blue Bomba

Rymuth

Inafune dodged that Red Ash question like a pro~

Still, his expression when the question was asked was just priceless.

Crocodile

Meh, they are answering all soft-balls in this Q&A :(

If they wanted the game to look better, they should have followed Bloodstained's example and used the most advanced platforms as the base (PC/PS4/Bone) and then down-ported to other platforms. 10 platforms is rather crazy though, I don't even think Ubisoft during their height of having Assassin's Creed on literally everything managed 10 platforms at once.

Let's not forget that Bloodstained is also going to be on Wii U and Vita but those platforms are down-port targets, and in the case of these platforms, they aren't even doing it themselves but retained Armature to do it because it requires a port of Unreal Engine 4, which isn't even supported on Wii U and Vita, to those platforms. This lets them focus on their primary versions of the game and not worry about developing for every platform at once.

MN9 was kickstarted in 2013. Using PS4/Xbone as a base when those systems weren't even out yet seems like a good way to stymie pledges. Lots of people at that point had a 360/PS3/WiiU but who among the backers knew if they were getting a Xbone/PS4?

CldRWv0VYAEgYIH.jpg:large

LOOKIN GOOD

ZoddGutts

Biggest worry about this game during the KS happen, having so many versions would hold back the game back for various of reasons. Glad Shenmue is just PS4/PC. With Bloodstained at least the WiiU/Vita versions are being handled by another studio.

djpookie2000

Neo Member
UPS delivered my copy today. One day early, woo hoo.

Amway, when i redeemed the code that came with the game, it unlocked the digital version of the full game.

To verify this, I deleted the disc install data,went to the PSN, and downloaded the full game to my PS4.

I am pretty sure this wasn't suppose to happen.

dity

So, has someone brought up that the steam keys on Humble Bundle for the "Ray" DLC are actually the Retro Hero DLC and the Retro Hero DLC is another Retro Hero DLC?

That's why you'll see this window when you go to redeem the Retro Hero DLC:

LjcXW7Y.png

So, has someone brought up that the steam keys on Humble Bundle for the "Ray" DLC are actually the Retro Hero DLC and the Retro Hero DLC is another Retro Hero DLC?

LjcXW7Y.png

That's a very common situation here, it seems.

Amon-Lau

LjcXW7Y.png

Yup everyone is having this issue...

Eusis

I originally wanted a Vita key but had enough of waiting so when the surveys came out I went for PS4. I kind of wish I had a Steam key though =(
On PS it's cross buy so you'll get that when it's out too! Though maybe you won't care when it hits.

LjcXW7Y.png

Yeah, it's all over this thread, the Kickstarter comments and even the live stream right now.

Cmagus

Sucks it turned out the way it did but I hope they continue to explore Mighty No. 9.

Hopefully they really learned what went wrong. If they do make a sequel (which will most likely happen) then I hope they apply what they learned from this. I'm still looking forward to playing it because I did enjoy the demo and game play but I'd be lying if this didn't sour me on Kickstarter projects.

MN9 was kickstarted in 2013. Using PS4/Xbone as a base when those systems weren't even out yet seems like a good way to stymie pledges. Lots of people at that point had a 360/PS3/WiiU but who among the backers knew if they were getting a Xbone/PS4?

Seems safe to say most if all of them would eventually migrate from last gen to current gen, but I see your point. Bloodstained's KS followed almost 2 years later when both new consoles had been released already.

LjcXW7Y.png

Same issue here.

So 10 AM tomorrow on Steam? Ah, well. I want to keep watching but it's late, and that pizza is making me hungry. I'll just sit through the VOD tomorrow, I guess.

Man I really do feel bad for these guys.

I hope Inafune gets the chance of making a MN9 sequel (not Kickstarter) where he'll focus only on PC, PS4, XB1 and learn from all his mistakes.

Danji

I got tired of waiting for stuff to work, so I went out and bought a PS4 copy of the game from walmart. I wanted to check it out before making my review anyways.

ameleco

fuck me "Even if its not perfect, its better than nothing"

What a great sell for the game haha

I died when he said that lol. I just can't believe it. Anyway, I might still get this game as more people play/review it. I'm not against a mediocre game as long as its cheap.

JohngPR

I really do hope they make a sequel. If they made this game look cel shaded like the key art, it would have went a long way in at the very least turning heads.

I really do like the anime-like art they made for the game.

Trace

Banned
From reddit:

Haven't beat any bosses. I played through about half of the levels before saying "fuck it" and quitting.
The game lags extremely badly and has frame glitches all over the place, so you'll be in a time sensitive spot, and die because the screen glitches and you ran into a spike or something.
I'd say it's closest to MegaMan X6 specifically because of the "difficulty" in the level design. What I mean by that is, it's not hard in the sense of "we made this challenging and hope you can get past it and enjoy it because of the challenge." It's hard in a "we made this level design this way because Fuck You."
The load times are a joke (at least on Wii U). If you die, you are looking at about 30-45 seconds of a black loading screen before the level restarts.
All in all, it just feels extremely unpolished and VERY much like an early beta. But aside from the technical issues, the game just isn't good.

Compsiox

Banned
I got tired of waiting for stuff to work, so I went out and bought a PS4 copy of the game from walmart. I wanted to check it out before making my review anyways. Feel free to join us for this wonderful hate-fueled journey. www.twitch.tv/gigaboots

Self promotion is a no no around here. Also you should have just waited. Can't be too much longer.

Top Bottom