• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No. 9 Will Not Release In 2015 (According to GameInformer)

I just want to play the Mega Man clone. Why do you keep doing this Inafume???

What could they have as a reason to delay into 2016?

Jobbs

Banned
I wonder if they got the picture that a lot of people think the game looks bad and are delaying to retool it and make it better. If that's true I'm fine with that. Just please let me toggle the pop up text.

I'm up for delaying a game as long as it's because the game needs improvement/bug fixing. One of the things I hate most of the newer console generations is the mentality of "ship it as is, we will patch it later" so I hope that MN9 doesn't have a day one patch when it releases. That been said I was really looking forward playing the game by September, at least Dangan Ronpa:AE will help with the wait.

Wensih

I'm not sure why a producer/character designer ever had such as high a pedigree as Inafune. He had some dope designs but people talk about him like he was solely responsible or the lead developer behind MegaMan. Megaman seems to always be associated with Inafune, but I never hear the actual creator, Kitamura, mentioned.

Chobel

I thought it's only the retail getting delayed, but Comcept silence about the whole thing makes think there's more to this. Seriously what the hell is going on?

aww man. I'm a backer and wanted to play it this year. Ah well....as long as its early 2016 I guess they have their reasons.

:::insert miyamoto quote:::

KingJ2002

Hmmm... understandable to be disappointed but honestly this isn't the first time a high profile Kickstarter title wasn't released on time.

Just look at amplitude... it was supposed to be released March of this year... now they're aiming for December.

Kickstarter should ensure that companies put down better estimates for the release window as backers should have a good idea when the game (and/or items) will be in their hands.

S1kkZ

i wonder if only the retail vesion is delayed? damn, was so excited to play this next month.

lets hope they send the backer rewards out on time...

Wait why all the negativity toward inafune? Did i miss something huge? Can someone give me a summary of why he is suddenly bad and red ash is a failure @_@?

I'd be okay with a delay. Anything that can make MN9 better I'm down with. Right now I'd be satisfied if the Red Ash Anime KS gets funded. They're so close. $14,000 to go and 24 hours to go.

Wait why all the negativity toward inafune? Did i miss something huge? Can someone give me a summary of why he is suddenly bad and red ash is a failure @_@?
People were disappointed with how MN9 looked after seeing the concept art. Other than that, he started up a kickstarter for a Megaman Legends clone with very little effort put into it without releasing his first kickstarter project. He's also pushing to make these franchises "big" with cross media projects such as anime and live action movies without any of the games being released. There's even a kickstarter for a Red Ash anime.
Despite getting a lot more than he needed, Mighty No 9 might be delayed and has features cut out of it.
I'm sure there's more that I'm not remembering right now

People were disappointed with how MN9 looked after seeing the concept art. Other than that, he started up a kickstarter for a Megaman Legends clone with very little effort put into it without releasing his first kickstarter project. He's also pushing to make these franchises "big" with cross media projects such as anime and live action movies without any of the games being released. There's even a kickstarter for a Red Ash anime.
Despite getting a lot more than he needed, Mighty No 9 might be delayed and has features cut out of it.
I'm sure there's more that I'm not remembering right now
Wait what?????? First time Im hearing this. Is this true? Other than a delayed 3DS and Vita release what other promised features are not being met????

Wait what?????? First time Im hearing this. Is this true? Other than a delayed 3DS and Vita release what other promised features are not being met????
Saw it on twitter yesterday. Something about normal enemy transformations.
This is what I saw:
tumblr_noev9uvywy1rgcw9go2_1280.png

Apologies if it's fake.

yami4ct

Doesn't anyone share the same concern for Shenmue :/

Shenmue has its whole dev cycle ahead of it. MN9 has been in development for a while and is supposed to be done soon. If Shenmue looks not great close to releases, then I might start to worry.

Also, there's the whole Red Ash debacle. After that and MN9 so far, I don't have much faith Comcept can deliver well on a crowd funded project.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Saw it on twitter yesterday. Something about normal enemy transformations.
This is what I saw:
tumblr_noev9uvywy1rgcw9go2_1280.png

Apologies if it's fake.

Is the any truth behind that image? Because if it's true then it's very worrying that Mighty No 9 suffered from development budget despite raking in $4.1 million and raises question to where did the money go?

Is the any truth behind that image? Because if it's true then it's very worrying that Mighty No 9 suffered from development budget despite raking in $4.1 million and raises question to where did the money go?

Into unneeded things that nobody asked for like voice acting and an animation series...

S1kkZ

4 million for a game that comes out on seven plattforms, 3ds/vita versions will be developed from scratch (by a different team i think)....thats not really a lot of money.
they also have to pay for the production and shipment of the backer rewards.

It's been two years since the project launched, how far is $4 million supposed to stretch?

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Are they really not going to comment on this or set the record straight until after the Red Ash kickstarter fails?

Thats amazing. This is quite the week for Inafune!

4 million for a game that comes out on seven plattforms, 3ds/vita versions will be developed from scratch (by a different team i think)....thats not really a lot of money.
they also have to pay for the production and shipment of the backer rewards.

Didn't they later state they had extra funding aside from the Kickstarter? They launched a 2nd fundraising campaign, right? I'm guessing Deep Silver might have helped throw in some coin into it too, considering they're publishing it?

Top Bottom