• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No. 9 Will Not Release In 2015 (According to GameInformer)

While admitting that there is a difference between 3D models and 2D. Not mention it was not even a MegaMan clone but for some reason we need to compare to shit in Inafune while we call others users astrosurfers.

That sounds fair to you?

Comparing like games to each other? Sure. It's completely fair.

First game I backed, too. So fucking bitter. What the fuck is taking so long? The game is a goddamn side scroller. Fuck.

Not to mention that it's no ordinary or inexperienced team behind the development, no it's Inafune and his carefully selected "veteran" team.

Comparing like games to each other? Sure. It's completely fair.

The attitude of shitting in somebody because he doesn't overly snark about a game he wants while praising the game of other people that is tangentially related to the discussion?

Not to mention that it's no ordinary or inexperienced team behind the development, no it's Inafune and his carefully selected "veteran" team.

Now InterCreates are not veterans in MegaMan games?

Holy Hell.

Brashnir

The attitude of shitting in somebody because he doesn't overly snark about a game he wants while praising the game of other people that is tangentially related to the discussion?

Now InterCreates are not veterans in MegaMan games?

Holy Hell.

I have no horse in this discussion, but you're really coming off as an overly-defensive twit right now.

I don't understand why this game seems to have troubled development, didn't look like the game is super ambitious or anything, seems like a very straight forward megaman clone.

I've only backed 2 game so far, I hope Shenmue3 goes more smoothly than Mighty No9 :(

rhandino

Banned
If the game is going to be delayed, which I'd like to think is only the physical copies, they are obviously not going to announce that while they have a KS campaign running as unlikely that they gonna reach the funding goal of re:DASH.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1087029

Look how many people shitted on the poster because he dared to use "award winning".
It reads like sarcasm or kind of try hardy.

I read other threads titles that he has created and I didn't find one that looks like that and while I didn't attack him I did think that it was weird =/

They shat on the poster because he posted a big list of meaningless awards unrelated to the actual topic for what seemed like no reason.

And what does the game from Jobbs has to do with this one to disassociate people promoting here to shit in Inafune and calling a user astrosurfer while posting his honest opinion here?

It reads like sarcasm or kind of try hardy.

I read other threads titles that he has created and I didn't find one that looks like that and I didn't attack I did think that it was weird =/

And I think most of the posts were just sarcastically calling him an astroturfer. Obviously he wasn't banned, so it was just users jokingly calling him one.

Frustrating, but if they're doing it for quality control reasons then i certainly don't mind, lots of great stuff coming out in the fall anyway.

Though, i did not back it so i certainly understand those who did being upset. I am looking forward to playing it though, i don't quite agree with the hate its gotten. It certainly looks damn fun, and i hope it grows into an interesting new IP.

FatalT

Banned
And what does the game from Jobbs has to do with this one to disassociate people promoting here to shit in Inafune and calling a user astrosurfer while posting his honest opinion here?

Astroturf Weekly - (RUNNER-UP) Most Supportive Non-Employee, July 2015

EDIT: This is the difference. No one is using bottom of the barrel awards in a thread to promote Jobbs' game in either a sarcastic or try-hard manner. If you can't look at that thread and see that then I don't know what to tell you. How many other GAF threads have you seen have something like that for a game that hasn't even released yet?

So experienced teams should know better since their veteran expertise will guarantee their game won't be delayed? What industry are you following exactly? Shit happens in any creative development, regardless of the veteran hands at the helm, you know this.

I mean did we not just see Uncharted 4 get delayed, a game by some of the most trusted veteran devs in the field? Inafune has a lot to be slammed for certainly, but lets not employ double standards here.

yeah, it worked great for Bioshock Infinite.

wait.
What, what?

I assure if they released the game in the state it was in on it's original release date it would have been of lower quality. Or did you not read about the issues the team was running into? Is that what you wanted?

Jebusman

Banned
And I think most of the posts were just sarcastically calling him an astroturfer. Obviously he wasn't banned, so it was just users jokingly calling him one.

Yeah, like I didn't believe for a second he was an actual astroturfer, his post history just didn't fit with that kind of role.

The whole thing was an in-joke for backers that did not come across nearly as cleanly as he had hoped. No harm no foul there. Anyone trying to use that as an example of "hostile attacks on MN9 fans" is a little out of line.

Crocodile

Never said they weren't, on the contrary actually. But the fact that it's taking so damn long makes it look like it's their first time.

Despite the fact that we don't know if this is delayed or not, we don't even know WHY yet. Strong developers have delayed games all the time. At least fucking wait till we have some confirmation or details before you start shitting on a developer who has delivered time and time again. I'm shocked that someone with your username would be so fast to throw shade on one of the best developers the Mega Man franchise has ever had. Like come on dude :/

kubricks

Why? I like what I saw in that speed run video.
Stretch goal for an earlier release date incoming? lol

(Please don't tell me it has anyting to do with Redash.)

Yeah, like I didn't believe for a second he was an actual astroturfer, his post history just didn't fit with that kind of role.

The whole thing was an in-joke for backers that did not come across nearly as cleanly as he had hoped. No harm no foul there. Anyone trying to use that as an example of "hostile attacks on MN9 fans" is a little out of line.

So was in joke and not mean spirited the fact that many accused him of that without having a hint of irony? Or that thread also devolved in "Kamiya tweet N9"?

Or look FatalT post above to see some people were really meaning to accuse him of that...

FLAguy954

For the people who regret backing this game, why?

For all we know, all of the shit they are getting about the game being 'bland' to some probably prompted them to make some last minute decisions, hence the delay.

After all of the bullshit software releases of the past year, shouldn't delays be encouraged so that the product will be more compelling in the end?

Astroturf Weekly - (RUNNER-UP) Most Supportive Non-Employee, July 2015

EDIT: This is the difference. No one is using bottom of the barrel awards in a thread to promote Jobbs' game in either a sarcastic or try-hard manner. If you can't look at that thread and see that then I don't know what to tell you. How many other GAF threads have you seen have something like that for a game that hasn't even released yet?

I already explained it was a joke, I thought it was funny because they talked about the awards in their last backer update. I'm not an Astroturf, I'm not an english native speaker, not only my english is "mediocre" but probably my sense of humor is different from some of you.

I really don't know how can anyone can call me astroturf after checking my thread history, I made threads about things I like, that's the reason why you see me doing repeatedly threads about Mega Man, Mighty no 9, Blazblue, DOA and other stuff.

By the way, no moderator contacted me or banned me, I think is pretty clear they don't think I'm doing anything wrong, just a thread that backfired, move on please.

Jebusman

Banned
So was in joke and not mean spirited the fact that many accused him of that without having a hint of irony? Or that thread also devolved in "Kamiya tweet N9"?

Or look FatalT post above to see some people were really meaning to accuse him of that...

Dude what.

If anything I just took that as a joke on the situation as well.

The joke being that a publication called "Astroturf Weekly", a news organization no doubt dedicated to the wonders of astroturfing, is awarding someone the "non-employee" award, implying that a super fan's postings on the matter are approaching the same type of quality that a typical astroturfer would be. I'm assuming he got the runner-up prize since the poster/OP was doing it sarcastically, whereas a "true" astroturfer would be dead serious.

I mean if I'm reading that entirely wrong, that's all on me. But seriously.

FatalT isn't actually calling you an astroturfer. He's just making a joke that your post had all the hallmarks of an astroturfer, despite not being one, and that a fictional organization would've given you a prize.

FatalT

Banned

Excuse me but the award clearly reads "Non-Employee," GOSH!

I already explained it was a joke, I thought it was funny because they talked about the awards in their last backer update. I'm not an Astroturf, I'm not an english native speaker, not only my english is "mediocre" but probably my sense of humor is different from some of you.

I really don't know how can anyone can call me astroturf after checking my thread history, I made threads about things I like, that's the reason why you see me doing repeatedly threads about Mega Man, Mighty no 9, Blazblue, DOA and other stuff.

By the way, no moderator contacted me or banned me, I think is pretty clear they don't think I'm doing anything wrong, just a thread that backfired, move on please.

Your English is great, actually! Much better than TheBaronofNA's. That thread is a badge of shame now though. You shouldn't be allowed to live that down :p

Also DAMMIT the joke was Captiosus'! I just ran with it.

Dude what.

If anything I just took that as a joke on the situation as well.

The joke being that a publication called "Astroturf Weekly", a news organization no doubt dedicated to the wonders of astroturfing, is awarding someone the "non-employee" award, implying that a super fan's postings on the matter are approaching the same type of quality that a typical astroturfer would be. I'm assuming he got the runner-up prize since the poster/OP was doing it sarcastically, whereas a "true" astroturfer would be dead serious.

I mean if I'm reading that entirely wrong, that's all on me. But seriously.

FatalT isn't actually calling you an astroturfer. He's just making a joke that your post had all the hallmarks of an astroturfer, despite not being one, and that a fictional organization would've given you a prize.

See the edit:

You were claiming that were jokes in good fate but people actually mean it calling him that.

Also DAMMIT the joke was Captiosus'! I just ran with it.

That edit implied that you believed he was an astrosurfer and just not "joking in good faith"

English is also my second language.

FatalT

Banned
See the edit:

You were claiming that were jokes in good fate but people actually mean it calling him that.

That edit implied that you believed he was an astrosurfer and just not "joking in good faith"

English is also my second language.

I feel like it's more of a playful poke that you shouldn't bring an in-joke from a Kickstarter to a forum where not everyone is a backer. You wouldn't go to your grandparents' house and bring up jokes you and your friends make together. "HEY GRAMPS, FEED THE CAT PIZZA HAHA!" He'd look at you like you're an idiot and quietly whisper to your grandmother about you smoking jive cigarettes again.

Oh, I'm sorry. Well your writing isn't bad, it can just be hard to follow here and there because English has horribly confusing rules for grammar. I don't know any other languages so that's commendable!

Jebusman

Banned

No it didn't.

It was making the comparison that no one is shitting on Jobbs' game by highlighting sarcastically semi-useless or unknown awards.

He is not actually calling him an astroturfer. You are becoming incredibly defensive about this, and are reading into it way, way too much.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Just curious, but what parts of this concept art do you think are not possible to replicate in a 2D game?
Impossible isn't the right word. I wouldn't expect it to look that crisp unless the game had a way higher budget. With characters like that the animation would have to look unbelievably good. And then every level would have to look just as good.

No it didn't.

It was making the comparison that no one is shitting on Jobbs' game by highlighting sarcastically semi-useless or unknown awards.

He is not actually calling him an astroturfer. You are becoming incredibly defensive about this, and are reading into it way, way too much.

"It was a joke you are acting defensive"

And still that thread devolved in the usual bickering. With the usual posters and arguments.

But I apologize to FatalT, I actually read wrong And I'm sorry rockman zx as I misunderstood how Injoke it actually was.

Still, there were people there that acted as if it was true...

Impossible isn't the right word. I wouldn't expect it to look that crisp unless the game had a way higher budget. With characters like that the animation would have to look unbelievably good. And then every level would have to look just as good.
Considering who Ravidrath is, I would have to think he has a pretty good understanding of the budget needed for these kinds of projects and how it's done.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Considering who Ravidrath is, I would have to think he has a pretty good understanding of the budget needed for these kinds of projects and how it's done.
Ofc. Still, it's a bit grating how often that picture is posted as if it was representative of the game's visuals or even a gameplay build.

Dremark

Banned
I could have sworn this game was supposed to basically be done at this point.

I realize delays are sometimes nessesary to put out a quality game, but I could have sworn the communicated it was essentially done and was going through QA. Did they find some sort of a nasty bug or something?

So experienced teams should know better since their veteran expertise will guarantee their game won't be delayed? What industry are you following exactly? Shit happens in any creative development, regardless of the veteran hands at the helm, you know this.

I mean did we not just see Uncharted 4 get delayed, a game by some of the most trusted veteran devs in the field? Inafune has a lot to be slammed for certainly, but lets not employ double standards here.

That's a bad comparison, because UC4 is a whole lot different than a simple 2.5D sidescroller. I hope this delay (which is not confirmed yet) is because of a hitch in their development process, I'd give them all the time they need to finish the game properly and release it as a fine quality product. But I'm just disappointed with how the game looks so far. It's like the longer it takes, the more it deviates from what we were promised at the beginning. I know that concept art is concept art, but it's still the first impression that they are giving to you and it's the picture they have in mind of how the game should look like. To me, it looks really bland right now compared to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UXDiQrgI6M

maxresdefault.jpg

and compare it with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L236S9dqSY

I don't care about how the game looks anymore, because we can't change that anymore. As long as the gameplay is as nice as when I played it at TGS 2014 I'm still happy about how the game turned out, but it's the combination of how things have been handled by Comcept so far and the whole Red Ash bs KS campaign that gives me the feeling that I won't be able to fully support them anymore.

Despite the fact that we don't know if this is delayed or not, we don't even know WHY yet. Strong developers have delayed games all the time. At least fucking wait till we have some confirmation or details before you start shitting on a developer who has delivered time and time again. I'm shocked that someone with your username would be so fast to throw shade on one of the best developers the Mega Man franchise has ever had. Like come on dude :/

Maybe it's because I have too high expectations of what Inafune has been working on after he left Capcom. I know nothing will be the same as Megaman or Megaman X, but in my heart I hope the games he's working on can somewhat give me the same feeling as when I played those games in the past. With everything that has been going on lately, I'm afraid it just won't. I'm just probably mentally preparing myself if the game turns out to be a let down.

SkylineRKR

I am kind of done with Comcept. I don't like how Mighty no 9 has been handled so far, it doesn't look as promised and the delays are odd since they game was supposed to be rather finished.

Then the Red Ash thing which is bullshit, and at the same time Mighty no 9 has been delayed?

Maybe Kamiya was right, lol.

Diablos

Okay, seriously, given the 'speedrun' video how much more do they have to do? This is not a complex game at all. It's very simple and straightforward.

Jobbs

Banned
I can't get over how distracting and annoying the constant giant text pop ups are. I'll give the game a shot, since I backed it -- But only if those can be turned off.

This is why I've never back a VG kickstarter. This game looks terrible, and I was a pretty big MM fan as a kid.

I backed Shovel Knight, and that exceeded my expectations. MN9 seems to be exactly what I put in money for - a Mega Man revival of sorts.

Then again, the potential of this two years ago was through the roof, and a lot of us rode that hype train.

Top Bottom