• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

bathala

Banned
here's my contribution to this thread
35aofom.jpg

5afbcj.jpg

Recommended seed for a new game: 10110101
(new feature from 1.3 creates a identical world that you can share with this code)

not far from the start:
10110101_1bshm.jpg

10110101_29snf.jpg

And thats just around the starting area its the best seed i have seen yet.

Blizzard

Banned
Delio said:
Well i went ahead and picked this up despite myself. How long does it normally take for your account to get flagged so you can acutally play?
Is your problem that you cannot login, or you cannot download the client at all because your online account does not work? I thought you should be able to download the client almost immediately, whenever the payment thing registers.

Cdammen

This is my current world. Generated two weeks ago. I've been mainly exploring and experimenting with crafting. Made myself a bucket and moved my first water block to make a waterfall from the top of my "fortress".

I'm now exploring the depths and finding awesome formations underground but I'm also dying from cave-ins, monsters or by sheer idiocy... so I haven't brought back any diamonds. I need to make a proper way down to "the good stuff". Any tips? I might just build a hole and put up ladders every other block.

minecraft.jpg

(EDIT) Built a ladder mineshaft, worked great! Am now mining diamonds, sapphires and red stuff :D

Is there a whitelist or something on exano's server? I figured out a way to run 1.2, so I figured I could pop in, but I haven't been on this server before. I'm getting a "bad login" message when I try to log in.

EDIT: nevermind, that was 1.2.2 Alpha.

Delio

Blizzard said:
Is your problem that you cannot login, or you cannot download the client at all because your online account does not work? I thought you should be able to download the client almost immediately, whenever the payment thing registers.

Seem like it took it a few minutes but i got in and started playing. Made i thru the first night and started digging up a nice little hole in the wall ^_^.

Falt

Great OP, Brazil!

1.3 is killing my minecraft multiplayer fix.

Any plan on when you're updating the server, Exano?

Blizzard

Banned
Having just past the 1.4 million sale mark, for a game that's not yet out of "beta", Minecraft has been selling 8000-11000 copies a day AT THE HIGHER BETA PRICE.

Ranger X said:
Oh man, this game is SO addictive!!!! I just played all through the night. FUCK!!
If you don't have good self-control (I don't) then it's terrible that way. You have to be careful not to start any sort of project on an evening when you have work in the morning. "Oh hey it's 4 a.m." XD

ok so I just spent an ungodly amount of time building my huge stone tower when suddenly I fell off the damn thing and died. No problem, I guess. So I click respawn and...

WHERE THE HELL IS MY TOWER?

How do I find it? I don't recognize the area I spawned in and I can't see it anywhere.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
pirata said:
Hey, Brazil, would you maybe consider adding an "Interesting/Awesome Seeds" section to the OP sometime?
Yup. I was already considering doing that after reading some of the posts in this thread.

I'll do it later.

theinfinityissue said:
ok so I just spent an ungodly amount of time building my huge stone tower when suddenly I fell off the damn thing and died. No problem, I guess. So I click respawn and...

How do I find it? I don't recognize the area I spawned in and I can't see it anywhere.
Go to the highest point close to you and look around. Other than that, always have a compass with you, although that won't help you right now.

theinfinityissue said:

You can use a program like Cartograph to generate a map of your level, which should at least give you an idea of what direction your tower is in;

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1022&t=165779

bathala

Banned
theinfinityissue said:

and once u find ur tower.

make sure to start making beacons or trail so when u respawn again u know where to go

Twig

Banned
Sandstone makes sand structures look soooo much less stupid and boring and ugly. I like your pyramid. J:

Man, I forgot how much I get sucked into this game. I have homework! Gotta stop until it's done, but here's a couple screenshots.

Nothing too impressive, and I haven't built anything, yet (started a new world: seed is "buts"), but hey.

EDIT: Damnit, I thought the Steam screenshot thing had a smaller-sized image, but all they did was just restrict the full size to a small space on the page.

OH WELL BIG IMAGES SUCK IT.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Once my new macbook pro comes in (and once GDC is over) I'll be jumping back into Minecraft with gusto.

bengraven

Started playing on a server that's basically Ultima Online meets Minecraft and it's soooo fucking awesome.

http://www.lostshard.com/

It's a start for what I want. I want Notch's vision of NPC villages, enemy villages and vendors, etc. I just want a never-ending RPG like game inside Minecraft and I'll be happy forever.

Twig

Banned
bengraven said:
Started playing on a server that's basically Ultima Online meets Minecraft and it's soooo fucking awesome.

It's a start for what I want. I want Notch's vision of NPC villages, enemy villages and vendors, etc. I just want a never-ending RPG like game inside Minecraft and I'll be happy forever.
I think I just pooped my pants in excitement.

How many players can be on the server at once, though?

bengraven

maniac-kun said:
Recommended seed for a new game: 10110101
(new feature from 1.3 creates a identical world that you can share with this code)

not far from the start:

And thats just around the starting area its the best seed i have seen yet.

Dude, I wanted to see for myself and thank you. I now have my new single player world.

MqYCu.jpg

7pB61.jpg

distrbnce

Banned
Gaf, this is something I would love to see, hoping to get the idea out... Share the Quora question if you have skinning friends up for a creative challenge to make something everyone loathes into something pretty neat.

Could someone make a skin pack that cleverly takes advantage of Minecraft's anaglyph 3D feature?
The most annoying thing about using anaglyph 3D in games is that it wrecks the way a game looks aesthetically. However, there are already lots of whimsical, colorful Minecraft skins out there... Could someone take advantage of the Red/Blue requirements of anaglyph 3D and create a skin that plays to it's limitations? Perhaps the world would be mostly grey, with red/blue accents, but another thing to consider would be that the texture of biomes could be fine tuned for this theory.

http://www.quora.com/Minecraft/Coul...s-advantage-of-Minecrafts-anaglyph-3D-feature

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Just found the new thread. Great OP. One of my pictures made it in! YAY!

DRock

has yet to tasted the golden nectar that is tag
bengraven said:

OMG, i only read about land ownership and magic and this sounds f'n amazing!

wit3tyg3r

bengraven said:

WHO! Now that is just too awesome! MMORPG + Minecraft FTW! Now I'm interested in joining this server.

Exano

Neo Member
Yeah, its incredible what the modding community has done so far.

With things like Iconomy, you can create and control a server-based economy (and have much more regulation and control then the govt on currency problems =p)

Then you'll need Command Rent, so you can buy commands with you're money and such (/home costs $150), along with a spell addon that allows them to buy and teach spells.

Then get teh caste addon, the NPC addon, the quests addon, the addon that makes you level your mining and stuff and this games a straight up RPG lol

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Brazil said:
I gotta admit: the "Gargamel" seed is awesome. Everyone should try it.

Yep, the gargamel seed is truly awesome. I'm planning on playing that one for quite some time.

Some other great seeds are:

Glacier
404 (punch the gravel bed next to the small lake for the mother of all caves)
Harmony
Mettan
Spork

Mengy said:
Yep, the gargamel seed is truly awesome. I'm planning on playing that one for quite some time.

Glacier
Harmony
Mettan
Spork

'Sahara' is a good one too, if you like desert biomes that is.

Also, 'Highlander' created a level with some pretty sizeable forests.

Jasoco

Banned
Has anyone taken advantage of the new launcher's ability to change the location of the Minecraft data folder? To say, I don't know, put it in your DropBox so you can have all your saved games with you no matter which of you computers you decide to play it on?

I'm giving it a try now.

Edit: Interesting. I thought you could change the location. Guess I'll try making a symbolic link to it instead.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
This game is incredibly addictive.

It also is not as good as advertised or the hype would lead you to believe.

I say this as a person who spent more time playing it than any other game last year. I've done everything from small scale construction projects to skyscrapers, a giant stadium, and a replica of the Great Pyramid of Giza.

It's a game that tricks you into thinking you're having fun. Except you'll look back and realize how much time you wasted.

Mengy said:

Glacier
Harmony
Mettan
Spork

Everyone says this, but I can never find it. Please post the coordinates!

Jo-El

I took a month off from playing and I have to say how much I love all the new updates. The game keeps getting better and better :)

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I've added animlboogy's server to the list in the OP.

I'll add the videos you guys suggested later (the one with the Creeper exploding by the chest is awesome), along with the Seeds section and a few screenshots of each server.

Now I'm going to test some new worlds =P

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
great OP... already love the pc version but i can't wait for ios / android versions! tablet minecraft will ruin me

Blizzard

Banned
Hey guys, I'm seeing a trend where people are capitalizing the name of the seed (first letter). I just tried "GARGAMEL" vs. "gargamel", and if it wasn't a fluke, it IS case sensitive. "gargamel" is the good one, so be careful that you don't pass around the wrong one and confuse people if you especially like some seed.

Top Bottom