• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft: Vita Edition |OT| Sony dealt, 4J developed, Mojang owned, MS nothin'.

Yeah I thought the same at first but then I thought it'd look weird if on my trophy list it said the following

Minecraft: Playstation 3 Edition
-PS3 -PSVita

After I thought of that then I assumed it'd have separate trophy lists

Oh I'm glad, more shit to do. The PS3 version's were really... simple.

Slaylock

So if I purchase the PS3 version now, I don't get the Vita version (and I can't upgrade to the PS4 version)?

I'd like the Vita and PS4 versions, but I don't need the PS3 version. If I could buy the PS3 version, I could get the other two (with the upgrade fee for the PS4 version), and sell the PS3 version used, but I don't think that works for PS3 versions purchased after a certain date.

So if I purchase the PS3 version now, I don't get the Vita version (and I can't upgrade to the PS4 version)?

I'd like the Vita and PS4 versions, but I don't need the PS3 version. If I could buy the PS3 version, I could get the other two (with the upgrade fee for the PS4 version), and sell the PS3 version used, but I don't think that works for PS3 versions purchased after a certain date.

What? No, if you buy it whenever, you're entitled to the Vita version when it comes out. I sure as hell hope so anyway!

Flandy

It's in the OP

Slaylock

What? No, if you buy it whenever, you're entitled to the Vita version when it comes out. I sure as hell hope so anyway!

I don't think so. I tried renting the PS3 version from Redbox just after the PS4 version came out, but I couldn't upgrade to the PS4 version, even though it worked for people who had rented it previously.

I don't think so. I tried renting the PS3 version from Redbox just after the PS4 version came out, but I couldn't upgrade to the PS4 version, even though it worked for people who had rented it previously.

They probably worked around that since you haven't really bought it.... Though I thought it was pretty easy on conditions for the discount to work?

SmokyDave

Anyone know if it supports ad-hoc multi?

I want to pick it up for me and the missus to play on holiday, but I'm not sure how we'll be set for wi-fi. I read 'locally' in the OP, but followed by 'over wi-fi'.

CozMick

Banned
Got both the PS3 and PS4 versions and having a blast.

The PS Vita version is a no brainer, does it support cross-play between PS3 and Vita?

Why are people still saying MS published or that they had any involvment at all? Is it a joke or something I'm missing? 4J developed, Sony published, simple as that

rick08mx

Neo Member
Hey Sony you need to bundle every vita with a free copy of this game, so people will have a reason to buy a vita.( I mean the casual gamers)

CozMick

Banned
No sorry, I should have added that to the OP.

Cross-Buy, Cross-Save, no Cross-Play. Would have been nice, but ah well.

What a damn shame, could of sworn I heard it somewhere, kinda expected it tbh after Terraria getting it and running flawlessly :(

Oh well.

shandy706

I've bought 50 billion versions of this...must resist and buy cheap....too many games already.

Reminds self that daughter would take Vita and never return it.

MUnited83

For you.
A little joke, as literally every post about the Vita port now elicits a "THANKS MICROSOFT LOL" response.

Read the OP or my post a little bit above yours.

Yes to ad-hoc

The OP only had "Play online or locally over Wi-Fi with up to 7 other friends." so that's why I asked :p. Thanks for the clarification :)

The OP only had "Play online or locally over Wi-Fi with up to 7 other friends." so that's why I asked :p. Thanks for the clarification :)

No problem, I edited the OP to clarify even further :)

Can't wait for some bedtime fort building!

I like the trees.

So glad it supports adhoc too!

My favourite things to build are treeforts... it's just so cool what you can do with this game. My inner child weeps.

EYEL1NER

I don't have too much experience with Minecraft; I've had it since the launch on 360 but have only put a couple hours into it. I feel like I may buy this tomorrow anyway, despite not playing it that much. I just nabbed a sweet deal on a Vita bundle on Saturday from Craigslist and have been buying games up in preparation for leaving the country for work on Wednesday. Even if I only play it on the flight and a couple hours here and there over the next couple months, it is probably worth that.

EDIT: Welp, never one on that one I guess. I didn't see in the OP where DD and retail have different release dates, I thought physical copies released tomorrow too. Maybe I'll order a copy from Amazon when it releases then.

I don't have too much experience with Minecraft; I've had it since the launch on 360 but have only put a couple hours into it. I feel like I may buy this tomorrow anyway, despite not playing it that much. I just nabbed a sweet deal on a Vita bundle on Saturday from Craigslist and have been buying games up in preparation for leaving the country for work on Wednesday. Even if I only play it on the flight and a couple hours here and there over the next couple months, it is probably worth that.

It's honestly not that expensive an investment proportionate to the hours of enjoyment you could get out of it if you end up liking it!

EYEL1NER

It's honestly not that expensive an investment proportionate to the hours of enjoyment you could get out of it if you end up liking it!
if I could talk a coworker who just got a Vita into getting it, I could see us having some fun playing it. But I just edited my post to reflect that I won't be getting it at the moment, since I mistakenly thought that the physical copy releases tomorrow. I'm not interested in a digital download version.

GulAtiCa

Yep. I've already played the PS4 for at least 100 hours, maybe 200+! Digital is really the way to go with this game. So much fun. Once you start playing, there literally is no stopping you. The only limit is your imagination.

Seems a bit pricey for a version that looks worse than the mobile version and world size limitations. Still, a good get for Vita owners.

curb

Banned
My favourite things to build are treeforts... it's just so cool what you can do with this game. My inner child weeps.

I did that in my second PS4 world. Essentially just a couple boxes of stone and glass attached to a tree but fun to build nonetheless. I later connected the tree boxes to my fort on the ground. I still haven't learned all the ins and outs of the materials and whatnot but building stuff is certainly fun.

Can't wait to do the same on mah Vita.

Seems a bit pricey for a version that looks worse than the mobile version and world size limitations. Still, a good get for Vita owners.

The world size is pretty much the only area where the mobile version trumps though. As I pointed out in the OP, it's still missing out on some key features.

Dunkley

I originally assumed this was just going to be a port of the Mobile Edition to the Vita, but seeing that it is the same as the PS3/360 version, I am definitely more excited about it.

Incredibly bad decision on Sony's end though to not try and bundle up some Vitas with this, especially with cross-buy to PS3.

Allow me to introduce you to Grace Chen. Check back in 7 hours.

Ah yeah, time zones. Or is that just a knock at the ridiculous update times for PSN? I'm excited! If only for impressions.

So how does Cross-Buy with the disc version of Minecraft ps3 work?

From the PSN Blog post;

About to purchase PS Vita Edition (retail) from 19th November
On your PS3 or PS Vita, enter the pack-in voucher code through PS Store and you’ll be able to download the PS Vita and PS3 Editions digitally, and upgrade to the PS4 Edition for €3.99.

Existing PS3 Edition owners (disc or digital)

On your PS3 or PS Vita, simply log into PlayStation Store and find Minecraft PS Vita Edition and you’ll be able to download it for free.

Pretty damn generous of them if you ask me.

From the PSN Blog post;
Existing PS3 Edition owners (disc or digital)
On your PS3 or PS Vita, simply log into PlayStation Store and find Minecraft PS Vita Edition and you’ll be able to download it for free.
Pretty damn generous of them if you ask me.
Iirc, I thought that if you had played the disc version of MC on PS3 before a certain date, then you were guaranteed a free copy for the Vita. Has that changed, to what is above - play it on PS3 and then boom, free Vita version?

DeviantBoi

Just got it for free from the PSN store (I have the PS3 digital edition on my account).

It showed up as $20 first (on the web store), but when I went back a second time, it showed up as free.

Top Bottom