• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft coming to the Wii U eShop next week (Dec. 17)

EhoaVash

I wonder if this game will use the touchscreen in any way.they don't mention anything beside off TV play...

Also I wonder what kinda of deal Nintendo and MS worked on ..like what did MS get out of this deal???... Mincraft's penis shaped character to be in smash ?

mrmickfran

tumblr_l9qoj2jEhY1qzzud0.gif

weekev

Banned
A PR guy on a Nintendo fan podcast said there would be a big announcement on Monday. If you listen to it, he really does not make it sound like it's a huge, amazing announcement. It's the internet's fault for blowing the hype out of proportion, not Nintendo's.
It was the indie guy as well, so a big announcement for the indie guy = the biggest, most successful indie game of all time.

Pretty big announcement.

MrV4ltor

Very disappointing, but it's Nintendo, so it was to be expected
Y'all only have yourselves to blame for overhyping this. It was a Nintendo employee saying it kind of as an afterthought in a conversation about indie games. Like, what the fuck where you expecting? NX?

Nibel

Lowkey shocked the Nintendo indie PR guy would say something like that and it isn't the first images and specsheets of the NX
wtzgU.gif

Ridley327

I wonder if this game will use the touchscreen in any way.they don't mention anything beside off TV play...

Also I wonder what kinda of deal Nintendo and MS worked on ..like what did MS get out of this deal???... Mincraft's penis shaped character to be in smash ?

I'd imagine whatever niggling details that needed to be worked out to make Rare Replay happen.

Staab

How does it stand feature wise compared to other editions ?
Does it have a completely revamped UI mode for the gamepad (similar to PC crafting and co. ) ?

Don't think that pricing was smart, even if it includes skin packs, it's just going to tell people "it's more expensive on WiiU".

OnPoint

Some of y'all might be disappointed by this, but it kind of is a big announcement. Might not be what you wanted to see, but there were some pretty wild suggestions out there. It was probably always going to only be one thing.

Good for Nintendo. This is a good get for them, as the controller is perfect for it.

Lowkey shocked the Nintendo indie PR guy would say something like that and it isn't the first images and specsheets of the NX
wtzgU.gif

Should have been a NX closed beta for all wii U owners tbh. Oh and a 150$ discount on the console at release. Bundled with 3 games.

Delio

Y'all only have yourselves to blame for overhyping this. It was a Nintendo employee saying it kind of as an afterthought in a conversation about indie games. Like, what the fuck where you expecting? NX?

It's going to be fun to come back to this thread and see all the people getting mad about it when they hyped themselves up.

Chastten

Banned
So, I know this game is huge. Never got into it, but so many kids I know play this game and love it.

But why now? It's playable already on pretty much anything that has a screen, why would anyone bother getting a Wii U for this?

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Interesting that it's not launching on the 17th in physical form. A big mistake if you ask me.

Oh, wait, 17th is not the retail release, just eshop? Then i don't understand why they are rushing the launch (obvious by the lack of any Nintendo skins) if they don't even catch anything out of these holidays in stores.

Game would be great with two things: wii remote pointer support, and multiplayer with one person on the TV and one on the gamepad. I hope it at least has the latter.

Hiltz

While I'm not interested in MineCraft, it's good that it is finally headed to Wii U. At least now Nintendo can't be criticized too much now for not having one of the one of the biggest IP most well-suited to appear on Wii U. As it has already been said, it is better late than never.

NotLiquid

Nintendo's main indie guy mentions on a podcast on a dedicated enthusiast website that they have big news in store for Monday.

Somehow the community extrapolates this to mean anything other than the biggest (former) indie game making it's way on Wii U, especially after seeing it's PEGI rating.

This is the problem with hand-me-down sources and not factoring in context of what was said and who actually said it. You really have no one to blame but yourself for expecting anything differently.

You'll get your Smash news later in the month. Chill.

Semajer

This really should have been available at launch. Instead all those sales went to the 360 (and Playstation family in Japan).

Ridley327

So, I know this game is huge. Never got into it, but so many kids I know play this game and love it.

But why now? It's playable already on pretty much anything that has a screen, why would anyone bother getting a Wii U for this?

I would have to think that this has more to do with making sure Minecraft is there as close to day 1 on NX as possible more than it will do anything to move the needle on the Wii U, but it's good to see one of the biggest absences on Nintendo platforms that is also a good fit for the audience finally making it over.

Justinh

I think it comes with content packs on XB1 and PS4, no? Or at least has free stuff available on the shop? I could be wrong.

Really? I think you can download "trials" for each of them, where you can play the game with them but you can't save.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Just to get a better understanding of the difference between MC on Wii U and PS4/PS3/One/360 in terms of pricing, the game on Wii U includes some add-ons that are actually no included when you buy the game on other platforms, correct? In the case, how much do those add-ons cost on the other consoles?

Top Bottom