• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker working on a new game on WiiU a possibility?

Boulayman

Grrrr. You bumped this for that? Thought there was possibly new evidence that this could be happening. Boooooo.

Lol, the last post in the thread was 10 days old, hardly a necrobump ;) and it was referred to in some other thread I was reading today. But yah sorry for giving you false hope.

wsippel

Banned
This looks awesome. Kinda gives me a 40's Noir kinda vibe. If Mistwalker ever makes Last Story 2, use that setting but throw in a bit of the sci-fi elements from the original concept, Give it a proper open world with interconnected dungeons, arenas, keep and refine TLS's battle system and what not and bam you have my game of forever.
A game in that style could be extremely awesome.

They can redo the original BD on 3DS. Also according to RPGamer, Cry On was actually only originally by Cavia but was then worked on by Artoon ala BD, can't catch a break can you Cavia?

So get the TLS team on Cry On Wii U, if I say this enough, it just might happen, right guyz? :(

I hope we see something on Wii U or 3DS soon from them, at least them telling us they're officially one one of those platforms.

thefro

They can redo the original BD on 3DS. Also according to RPGamer, Cry On was actually only originally by Cavia but was then worked on by Artoon ala BD, can't catch a break can you Cavia?

So get the TLS team on Cry On Wii U, if I say this enough, it just might happen, right guyz? :(

And Cry On is going to sell because? Gooch would have trouble making that a million-seller even during the PSX days when Square were the kings.

The Last Story was a much more commerically viable direction, hamped by a slow localization, little support from NOA, and an underpowered console for the concept.

And Cry On is going to sell because? Gooch would have trouble making that a million-seller even during the PSX days when Square were the kings.

The Last Story was a much more commerically viable direction.

Well at least they have something they already have that wasn't released yet, so it might be cheaper. I'd be good with TLS2 as well.

krizzx

official image shown at the mistwalker homepage, which seems to be related with Last Story (not somuch with party wave or blade guardian)

banner_1.jpg

So there were some offhand comments from Sakaguchi to one side and the other

in august 2012 Sakaguchi said :

in June 2012 matsumoto said

matsumoto also said in another interview

Just a random remark from Sakaguchis blog

That is a really old piece of art. Most of the art on the site is just that. They aren't really associated with any game.

Would be nice to see a new game from them though.

Midou

That first piece of art reminds me of Shadow Hearts and makes me really sad the developer was absorbed into Mistwalker. Shadow Hearts 2 was like top 3 favorite PS2 JRPGs. No other game really did that mix of magic and historic setting so well.

farnham

Banned
That first piece of art reminds me of Shadow Hearts and makes me really sad the developer was absorbed into Mistwalker. Shadow Hearts 2 was like top 3 favorite PS2 JRPGs. No other game really did that mix of magic and historic setting so well.

I dont think it was absorbed into mistwalker but rather AQ

Top Bottom