• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker working on a new game on WiiU a possibility?

is this company still relevant? I remember people made a big deal when they singed a deal with MS, but that quickly fizzled out.

I think Nintendo should invest in a western developer instead.

Ricker

The first reply is perfect. Took a while for me, but perfect.

Exercice in....something? I still don't get it.

And I am all for another console Mistwalker game LO was awesome,BD was good and Last Story I havent played but heard good things about it...

farnham

Banned
Bayonetta sold more than all of Mistwalker's games, and a sequel was actually in development originally funded by SEGA. Not the same at all.

yeah but that kind of game (hack and slay) was never that popular on nintendo platforms while last story did actually sold what it did on the wii so there is a high probability that it will replicate the success.

Huff

Banned
yeah but that kind of game (hack and slay) was never that popular on nintendo platforms while last story did actually sold what it did on the wii so there is a high probability that it will replicate the success.

what does this even mean

CorvoSol

A wolf?
Clearly this is the successor to The Last Story.

That tiger had disappointingly little to do with anything. But Last Story was a fun game, and I'd be down for another. Who does the art for TLS? I thought the artwork was really good for that game.

farnham

Banned
what does this even mean

it means that it is not likely that the bayonetta fanbase is going to transition to wiiu because of one game while the TLS userbase is more likely to do so.

The Last Story didn't sell very well. The Nintendo platform Mistwalker should be succesful on is 3DS.

Ash was a disaster

and so was pretty much every mistwalker game on DS

Exercice in....something? I still don't get it.

And I am all for another console Mistwalker game LO was awesome,BD was good and Last Story I havent played but heard good things about it...

he is telling me that it is a stretch to think like i do

but then again i see a lot of threads on gaf that speculate with even less

Tenki

There's two more banners on Mistwalker website:

0rNblmO.jpg

http://www.mistwalkercorp.com/resources/banner_1.jpg

c4Hotc3.jpg

http://www.mistwalkercorp.com/resources/banner_2.jpg

lSmlxgQ.jpg

http://www.mistwalkercorp.com/resources/banner_3.jpg

And the first one is the top banner on their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/mistwalkercorp

kenji

spoiler of TLS's ending
didn't dagran die at the end of the game? if so, those are just random artworks and maybe early concept from TLS probably

farnham

Banned
spoiler of TLS's ending
didn't dagran die at the end of the game? if so, those are just random artworks and maybe early concept from TLS probably

yes but he is just an ordinary human that wanted the power of the "ikai no mono"

The Last Story 2?

I want something original, oh well, they can really improve on whatever issues were present instead of trying to reinvent the wheel every time.

Plus it'd be one step closer to being the next Final Fantasy, that wasn't perfect on the first go, if they stopped there, they'd be dead (no XD), we never would've gotten FF7 now would we? :p

Porcile

That's weird. I didn't see The Last Story ripping up the charts.

I think the point was that they initially limited their mass appeal by working with the publisher with possibly the least amount of fan interest in Japan. That place where JRPG's sell fantastically well.

Penguin

Probably a bit of a stretch, not sure how the deal works, but could it be hinting at a release on other consoles?

Dwingvatt

Banned
I think the point was that they initially limited their mass appeal by working with the publisher with possibly the least amount of fan interest in Japan. That place where JRPG's sell fantastically well.

I don't think they would have done well with any of the publishers to be honest.

D_prOdigy

I really really admired TLS and for all its flaws, thought it deserved a sequel to realise some of the potential brewing in there.

Like Sakaguchi a lot when he's got the reins. Such an unfussy director.

Is Mistwalker working on a Wii U title? I hope so, but there doesn't seem to be any external evidence that would demonstrate that they are. It's pure speculation at this point, especially considering that Sakaguchi has stated that his options for what to do next continue to remain open.

nasos_333

Cry ON for 3DS would be amazing, with 2D art

3DS is my favourite JRPG / artisitc game machine right now, Layton Azran, Bravely Default, probably the new Monolith game all scream amazing art

Pejo

I'm not sure what (if anything) all of this means, but I love that concept art of an RPG with the dog companion. Gets my mind thinking up all kinds of interesting angles.

wrowa

Damn, Last Story had truly some awesome concept arts. It's a shame the game ended up looking rather bland for the most part.

nasos_333

Damn, Last Story had truly some awesome concept arts. It's a shame the game ended up looking rather bland for the most part.

That is why i think a 3DS game using 2D art, like Bravely Default, would be an amazing reveal

Imagine that Cry On art actually shown in the game with the 3D effect, i drool at the very though of it

That is why i think a 3DS game using 2D art, like Bravely Default, would be an amazing reveal

Imagine that Cry On art actually shown in the game with the 3D effect, i drool at the very though of it

Depends on how Cry On was, as a 360 game, obviously it had large 3D worlds. Wonder if they made any progress on the 360 before canning it? Come on Nintendo, pull a Bayonetta 2! :D

Was that where this concept art came from, or was that another phase? Because I'd be really interested in a setting derived from it.
ibuiCRxyxSoBwt.jpg
This looks awesome. Kinda gives me a 40's Noir kinda vibe. If Mistwalker ever makes Last Story 2, use that setting but throw in a bit of the sci-fi elements from the original concept, Give it a proper open world with interconnected dungeons, arenas, keep and refine TLS's battle system and what not and bam you have my game of forever.

Top Bottom