• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Miyamoto press conference in Paris (Mario 3D, a ghost game?, 3DS as a controller?)

Jintor

The only other company that can get me excited about stuff on this level is Valve. Go Nintendo, keep experimenting!

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
ant1532 said:
so the conference already happened?

No, this was just a press event.

The Investor's Conference is Tuesday in Japan. They have a history of announcing new games and things at them, so if Miyamoto is already talking about Ghost games and 3DS connectivity with their next console and whatnot there will be new information or announcements to come out of it.

Hopefully some Wii 2 titbits obviously, or GAF will cry. And personally I am sick to death of all the rumours, need some concrete information no matter how small.

Alrus

DECK'ARD said:
Hopefully some Wii 2 titbits obviously, or GAF will cry. And personally I am sick to death of all the rumours, need some concrete information no matter how small.

It'll be like the 3DS, we won't get anything really tangible until E3... So people will go wild for the upcoming weeks until the reveal (probably a bit less than with the 3DS though).

As for the 3DS/Wii2 connectivity, it obviously won't be the main controller and obviously won't be bundled with the console (seriously that would be completely stupid). Probably some kind of GBA/GC connectivity, except better (no need for a stupid cable, and hopefully won't be mandatory for multiplayer, or it'll fail just as bad).

Also, Lylat Wars 3D sounds ten times better than Star Fox 64 3D :(

I don't really follow Nintendo, but when I read that it sounded like what they were doing was taking Nintendo 64 games and updating them. Is that true or are the games new?

swerve

HocusPocus said:
I don't really follow Nintendo, but when I read that it sounded like what they were doing was taking Nintendo 64 games and updating them. Is that true or are the games new?

StarFox and Zelda, yup.

Like how Disney re-releases their classics for new generations. Only slightly more enhanced.

And hopefully Sin & Punishment *droooools*

Alrus

swerve said:
And hopefully Sin & Punishment *droooools*

Sin and Punishment 2 bombed so bad I doubt they will ever bring that franchise back... It's buried in some corner along with other failed hardcore wii experiment :(

Alrus said:
Sin and Punishment 2 bombed so bad I doubt they will ever bring that franchise back... It's buried in some corner along with other failed hardcore wii experiment :(

S&P2 was a masterpiece. :( RIP

swerve

Alrus said:

Depends on if they value its quality and its role in the line-up - it's not like Sin & Punishment 1 lit up the charts, but they made a sequel. It would be very worthwhile for them to make a download version of stereoscopic S&P1.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Alrus said:
It'll be like the 3DS, we won't get anything really tangible until E3... So people will go wild for the upcoming weeks until the reveal (probably a bit less than with the 3DS though).

From their track-record with the Investor Meetings, if we get information it will be more than the initial 3DS press-release. Not a huge blow-out, but they do like properly announcing and showing new things at them. Plus the media will pick up on it and Nintendo will want them to go with correct details and not regurgitate all the recent rumours as fact.

I think it's going either be a) a good chunk of information or b) nothing at all. Miyamoto's 'please be patient' line does point more to the latter though.

"We will be releasing a new console this financial year but have nothing further to say at this time" is quite likely I'm afraid.

Fingers-crossed not though ...

Well now Super Mario 3D has about 66% of what I want (SM64, NSMBW), so Im sold. Seems like their E3 showing will be pretty Mario heavy, since Mario Kart hasnt even been revealed much either, possibly more excited about that and to just see how the levels and powerups will be in 3D.

Someone please explain to me how you can have a combination of mario 64 and mario galaxy when mario galaxy was just mario 64 in all but the stupidest of small details but with 1 new (admittedly awesome but played out at this point) gimmick? It's like saying the plot for James Cameron's new movie is a combination of Last of the Mohicans and Avatar. You already made that movie and it was called Avatar. Or, it's like stating miyamoto's new hamburger is like a combination of hamburger and ground beef.

And when he's referring to combining that with nsmbwii, it appears to me that he's implying co-op because that was the only thing that game brought to the table. If that's the case then I hope they actually design the game with co-op in mind this time rather than just giving you the option to play with friends on levels that are clearly intended for 1 player. I also hope they have more than that on the creative table because I don't know how many players of such a game will actually utilize 3ds connectivity options to play a handheld co-op style. Then again, people will eat it up regardless so who the hell am I kidding?

And again, saying this new mario is this + that + nsmbwii can't really imply 2d in a 3d mario game because galaxy had 2d elements already, so unless miyamoto is claiming his new hamburger is a hamburger but with beef and a bun, then that's pretty much it. But then again that's the state of the industry for ya.

Mr. B Natural said:
Someone please explain to me how you can have a combination of mario 64 and mario galaxy when mario galaxy was just mario 64 in all but the stupidest of small details but with 1 new (admittedly awesome but played out at this point) gimmick? It's like saying the plot for James Cameron's new movie is a combination of Last of the Mohicans and Avatar. You already made that movie and it was called Avatar. Or, it's like stating miyamoto's new hamburger is like a combination of hamburger and ground beef.

And when he's referring to combining that with nsmbwii, it appears to me that he's implying co-op because that was the only thing that game brought to the table. If that's the case then I hope they actually design the game with co-op in mind this time rather than just giving you the option to play with friends on levels that are clearly intended for 1 player. I also hope they have more than that on the creative table because I don't know how many players of such a game will actually utilize 3ds connectivity options to play a handheld co-op style. Then again, people will eat it up regardless so who the hell am I kidding?

And again, saying this new mario is this + that + nsmbwii can't really imply 2d in a 3d mario game because galaxy had 2d elements already, so unless miyamoto is claiming his new hamburger is a hamburger but with beef and a bun, then that's pretty much it. But then again that's the state of the industry for ya.

What are you babbling about?

Tarin02543

I love how Mario 3DS will be a scrolling camera. Returning back to linear levels but with 3d will be the best thing ever.

Hopefully this will be a fully worked out title and not a mere tech demo.

Tarin02543 said:
I love how Mario 3DS will be a scrolling camera. Returning back to linear levels but with 3d will be the best thing ever.

Hopefully this will be a fully worked out title and not a mere tech demo.

of course it will be a full title. if it was a tech demo, it wouldn't be released

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Nintendo really needs a demo or trailer of Mario from E3 to be made available on the 3DS.
If Nintendo at least follows suit with the Wii's online front, then we should get a Nintendo Channel that can show us upcoming trailers and whatnot in 3D. This is Nintendo though, so...

abstract alien said:
If Nintendo at least follows suit with the Wii's online front, then we should get a Nintendo Channel that can show us upcoming trailers and whatnot in 3D. This is Nintendo though, so...

but they promised us! D:

KevinCow

Banned
abstract alien said:

Nintendo would be very stupid to not have a Nintendo Channel for 3D trailers and screenshots and stuff, especially with how reluctant they are to give out regular screenshots and trailers for 3DS games.

And get some 3D movie trailers on there, too. Even if the 3D movies on 3DS thing doesn't every happen, it would be one of the better ways to advertise 3D movies. One of the only ways to advertise the 3D aspect.

KevinCow said:
Nintendo would be very stupid to not have a Nintendo Channel for 3D trailers and screenshots and stuff, especially with how reluctant they are to give out regular screenshots and trailers for 3DS games.

And get some 3D movie trailers on there, too. Even if the 3D movies on 3DS thing doesn't every happen, it would be one of the better ways to advertise 3D movies. One of the only ways to advertise the 3D aspect.
Yep, and that is the scary part. Nintendo has been pretty stupid when it comes to how they treat their online sections lol

Hopefully this update will fix that, but I'm not holding my breath. I do think we would at least get more channel type videos, such as "Go, with Friends" or whatever that awesome dog song was.

KevinCow said:

they already confirmed all of this. it's just a matter of implementing it

Trailers and such will be on the eShop.
Also, screw a channel for it specifically. Just force push a teaser trailer video every month that shows upcoming games.

Mr. B Natural said:

If you're implying that the only difference between Galaxy and 64 are the pointing controls that is completely wrong. There are a lot of differences in gameplay wise and in structure between Galaxy and 64. Although for laughs he should make a game that is like Super Mario Sunshine combined with Super Mario Bros 2 USA and a little bit of NSMB DS just to combine the three lowest rated/disliked games of Mario games.

Top Bottom