• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 10: The Show - Official Thread

Has anyone, if they want to confess, bought Franchise $ or RTTS Training points off the PSN Store? I do not support the idea but I fell victim to it =/ My RTTS pitcher has terrible fielding and I got tired of seeing the comments on my card so I bought a couple bucks worth of TP :lol

Sony 1, Me 0

Square Triangle said:
Has anyone, if they want to confess, bought Franchise $ or RTTS Training points off the PSN Store? I do not support the idea but I fell victim to it =/ My RTTS pitcher has terrible fielding and I got tired of seeing the comments on my card so I bought a couple bucks worth of TP :lol

Sony 1, Me 0
... isn't it just easier to reset before a game saves (turn off AutoSave) so you can replay stuff over and do better and earn points? It's what I did last year.

I mean hey, to each his own.

DuMaurier

Square Triangle said:

Sony 1, Me 0

Yup. I used 120 points to bump my fielding (stupid Advancement goals!) then felt like I was cheating so the rest is just sitting there. And I swear, my player has been in the worst slump since I bought the points. :lol

Afrikan

eznark said:
jesus christ, another massive patch.....gah!

Any notes?

I don't know but is there a way to delete this patch?

something is DEFINITELY wrong...

after 7 innings, some guy with a shaver last name has went 3-3 with 3 HRs and 4RBIs off Lincecum.

I can't get this guy out, let alone keep him in the park :mad:

Mets own Lincecum, he's not always awesome you know. Play more than one game before killing the patch. I've seen nothing on the OS boards regarding something that vague.

Afrikan

The Frankman said:
Mets own Lincecum, he's not always awesome you know. Play more than one game before killing the patch. I've seen nothing on the OS boards regarding something that vague.

sorry, I was being sarcastic...but yes Ryan Braun is f'n killing me.

I'm not having any trouble with the patch..everything runs fine...... I'm playing in 1080p (with 720unchecked) and game is running smooth for me......haven't seen any of those glitches that were fixed with this patch from the previous page.

oh and whoopdidoo a couple of wins....lets see what the Mets do against him this year.

skip

after today's patch, quitting back to XMB from the Show menu restarts my PS3 from scratch and turns off my controller. this happen to anyone else?

DukeSucks

skip said:
after today's patch, quitting back to XMB from the Show menu restarts my PS3 from scratch and turns off my controller. this happen to anyone else?

happened to me after the first patch, haven't played yet after the second. Hold the guide button for a few seconds, then select quit game. That keeps mine from crashing.

skip

DukeSucks said:
happened to me after the first patch, haven't played yet after the second. Hold the guide button for a few seconds, then select quit game. That keeps mine from crashing.

aye, that works. thankya.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Afrikan said:
I don't know but is there a way to delete this patch?

something is DEFINITELY wrong...

after 7 innings, some guy with a shaver last name has went 3-3 with 3 HRs and 4RBIs off Lincecum.

I can't get this guy out, let alone keep him in the park :mad:
turn in your membership card. Lincecum only gives perfection.

Afrikan

Corran Horn said:
turn in your membership card. Lincecum only gives perfection.

I have indeed sinned....but this Braun guy has to be a God.

I usually get everyone else out....is there anyone here who has success against this God on a consistent basis...on Hall of Fame mode?

Afrikan said:

I'm not having any trouble with the patch..everything runs fine...... I'm playing in 1080p (with 720unchecked) and game is running smooth for me......haven't seen any of those glitches that were fixed with this patch from the previous page.
Wait Ryan Braun?

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/b/braunry02.shtml

So he shouldn't be raking? Yeah he's having a huge game but you made it sound like some scrub was teeing off for a second.
oh and whoopdidoo a couple of wins....lets see what the Mets do against him this year.
Forget wins, check his sabermetric career numbers vs. the Mets. Not very Godlike.

Quincey

Banned
skip said:

prior to this patch i did not have this problem, but yeah..now it crashes. i'll just turn the system of via the controller.

Mrbob

skip said:

I had this problem after the first patch....nothing yet after patch two. I'm running an OG 60GB PS3 w/ a 320 inside so I dunno if you have an OG too or a slim.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I'm so ass at hitting. Tips? I get on base basically by the other team committing errors.

edit: i said online, wtf

LJ11

Y2Kev said:
I'm so ass at hitting. Tips? I get online basically by the other team committing errors.

Turn on the Plate Coverage Indicator, should give you a good idea of how pitches break relative to where you position the PCI. Turn it off when you get better.

Y2Kev

LJ11 said:
Turn on the Plate Coverage Indicator, should give you a good idea of how pitches break relative to where you position the PCI. Turn it off when you get better.
Thanks, I was basically checking every pitch to see where the PCI was but it's a little too delayed I think to help me. It should be better now.

jabipun

Afrikan said:

Why are you playing 1080p with 720p unchecked. I ask this because MLB 10 Show is all weird in terms of filling up my screen etc.

This game is absolutely killing me. I am playing a season with the Twins (on default Veteran difficulty) and I am 2-11 so far.

When I score 3 runs, the computer scores 4. When I score 0 runs, the computer scores 1.

I have been getting better at hitting, but now I am worse at pitching. I used to get struck out 12-14 times a game and go innings without getting a hit - but I would also give up just a couple of runs.

Now that my hitting is nearing respectability, my pitching has "magically" started sucking.

I swear this game is a balls-out cheater. Surprises me too, because you'd think it would want you to keep playing instead of punching your teeth in every game.

Y2Kev

I suck but am getting better at hitting. Was leading 1-0 into the 7th with Vazquez clowning the other team. Brought in Hughes to relieve heading into the 8th and he fucking gave up four runs.

Fuck me.

I HOPE I can get the game by Saturday. Was just playing the demo and it is so sweet. BTW are you guys using Broadcast or Real-Time + Replay? Pitcher View or Catcher View?
RichyDevil said:
This game is absolutely killing me. I am playing a season with the Twins (on default Veteran difficulty) and I am 2-11 so far.

When I score 3 runs, the computer scores 4. When I score 0 runs, the computer scores 1.

I have been getting better at hitting, but now I am worse at pitching. I used to get struck out 12-14 times a game and go innings without getting a hit - but I would also give up just a couple of runs.

Now that my hitting is nearing respectability, my pitching has "magically" started sucking.

I swear this game is a balls-out cheater. Surprises me too, because you'd think it would want you to keep playing instead of punching your teeth in every game.
... I think you never heard of

gamezalblowaton.jpg

Quincey

Banned
The Frankman said:
I HOPE I can get the game by Saturday. Was just playing the demo and it is so sweet. BTW are you guys using Broadcast or Real-Time + Replay? Pitcher View or Catcher View?

... I think you never heard of

gamezalblowaton.jpg

I am using real-time without replays when i am playing my franchise. I use both catcher view for pitching and hitting. I find that pitching in catcher view helps me learn to read the pitches better, which helps improve my hitting.

Quincey said:
I am using real-time without replays when i am playing my franchise. I use both catcher view for pitching and hitting. I find that pitching in catcher view helps me learn to read the pitches better, which helps improve my hitting.
Yeah last year I used Catching view all the time. I love how the Pitching view looks this year (I always want to use a view like you're watching the game) but I still can't get used to it. It'll take awhile to see if I can do so. I'll probably practice with both on the demo until I can make a decision. Same with the RT w/ Replay, start with that and then use Broadcast to examine differences.

My God Yanks destroyed me 8-0 after 4 innings; I pretty much exclusively use the Mets and while I know the Twins well, I'm not familiar with all their innate strengths/weaknesses.

rareside

Last time I logged into '09 (March 1st) I remember reading the welcome posting saying that they'd just support it for a few more weeks. They must've just killed it over the weekend.

sun-drop

dam that sucks ..so offline only for 09 now?

fuck ..resale value just went down the crapper.

how come EA get ripped for doing that and sony get away with it?

oh well ...

rareside

They really don't have a choice IMO. Keep '09 active and the community for '10 will be smaller. If I had the choice between playing '09 again with updated rosters of shelling out $60 for New Uniforms 2010 it would've been a no-brainer.

Most of the improvements in '10 have nothing to do with gameplay anyway.

Resale value of sports games is always junk anyway..

eznark

Banned
I got like $10 for 09 two weeks ago when I took it in for the +50% thing. I was pretty shocked.

Ending support for old sports games doesn't bother me. Unlike a lot of other games, most sports games realistically only have a shelf life of one season. Roster and rule changes render them obsolete in my opinion. Now obviously there are some classics, like Madden '96 or Ken Griffey Jr's Superstar Baseball but all in all sports games aren't made to last.

Meier

The Plate Coverage Indicator really does make a world of difference. A cranked two HRs in BP during RTTS and outside of the Home Run Derby, had not hit one in '10 yet. I honestly had no idea that option even existed/what it did until it was referenced on here so thanks. For those unaware, if you guess the correct pitch location, it automatically moves your PCI/aim to the right spot when the pitch comes so you just have to swing on time.

I got $20 for 09 and like $25 for 08 off Craigslist the week each new version came out FYI.

Doytch

Jesus fucking christ, just spent 45 minutes trying to get into a game. Losing connection to SportsConnect, people in chat rooms not showing up in the list... Twice I managed to get it started loading: once it froze on load, the other time dude quit in the 1st inning when I had two men on. The fuck.

rareside

Doytch said:
Jesus fucking christ, just spent 45 minutes trying to get into a game. Losing connection to SportsConnect, people in chat rooms not showing up in the list... Twice I managed to get it started loading: once it froze on load, the other time dude quit in the 1st inning when I had two men on. The fuck.

You still wanna play? I'm up for 1 more tonight if you wanna give it a go.

Add me to your ingame buddy list. My id is: octoco

Y2Kev

Meier said:
The Plate Coverage Indicator really does make a world of difference. A cranked two HRs in BP during RTTS and outside of the Home Run Derby, had not hit one in '10 yet. I honestly had no idea that option even existed/what it did until it was referenced on here so thanks. For those unaware, if you guess the correct pitch location, it automatically moves your PCI/aim to the right spot when the pitch comes so you just have to swing on time.

I got $20 for 09 and like $25 for 08 off Craigslist the week each new version came out FYI.
What do you do if you guess wrong?

rareside

Boxscore from MrBob and me. UUUUUUUGLY! Some serious lag was making us both miss pitch locations. At one point I beaned his batter with the bases loaded. Was a fun game though. Probably the highest scoring 2run game I've ever played.

IMG_2127.JPG

Mrbob

Hahah yeah that was a wild game. Damn error and Soto did me in. I gave up a good 4 runs that game off of strike outs that Soto couldn't handle in the dirt. :(

Crazy fun though.

rareside

We also combined for 12 pitchers used, and had 6 wild pitches that resulted in men moving up a base. I still can't believe how you exploded in the 4th for 7 runs.

Wow!

Curious, did you experience some pretty bad lag on your end too? Any chance you're on wireless? It seemed to get a little bit better the 2nd half of the game but it was still there.

Top Bottom